Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Wafflerobot wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:16 amImage

The suggested Youtube videos on the screen. "10 signs the government is run by Shandorians"
Adam Savage down the bottom too! Possibly Bill on the ‘where are they now?’?
Wafflerobot, Sav C liked this
TRAILER BREAKDOWN FROM JASON:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTv40aQYdM
Alphagaia wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:27 am Als, that was Gozer's flattop crawling out of that pit, right?
My assumption.
droidguy1119 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:04 am There's your answer to whether or not Ghostbusters II is canon.
I loved this trailer. The ghost that came out of the trap - we all assumed it was Muncher, but it appears to be a demon (and it bears a strong resemblance to the terror dog). The terror dog bursting through the Walmart doors, calling back to the scene at Louis' apartment in GB1 was cool. Janine popping up was a nice touch. The photo of all of the OGBs was a nice touch. But Ray being at his Occult Book store at the end and picking up the phone? That was the best part, in my opinion.
Last edited by JonXCTrack on July 27th, 2021, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I dunno if you're screencapping the trailer or the breakdown, but yes, Jason explicitly identifies it as a spectral terror dog in his IGN video commentary.

UK trailer is up, no difference to the US one that I can see.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:38 amBut I must have missed something - was there a callback to GB2 that I missed?
You yourself mentioned it. Which movie is Ray's Occult Books from?
Last edited by tylergfoster on July 27th, 2021, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton, deadderek, Sav C liked this
Also, I like that we have confirmation that those tanks with the conductors on top are part of the plot. Wasn't sure if it was some kind of battery system for a containment unit before... now I'm wondering if Egon contained an interdimensional rift itself.

After all... I hear he had trouble just keeping the power on.

Sav C liked this
Some changes have been since the 1st trailer.

The remote trap flying around the post office and the water tower now has HUGE printed SUMMERVILLE on it.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
I’m sure I’m overexcited and overreaching here, but did anyone else think the colour scheme of Phoebe’s welding tool thing was a Real Ghostbusters colour palette nod?
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:41 am Also, I like that we have confirmation that those tanks with the conductors on top are part of the plot. Wasn't sure if it was some kind of battery system for a containment unit before... now I'm wondering if Egon contained an interdimensional rift itself.

After all... I hear he had trouble just keeping the power on.

Those tanks are modified grain silos. Before Egon modified them they held corn and soybeans.
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:39 am
Alphagaia wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:36 amImage

This is conformation the terror dog was in the trap, right?
Yes, although the horns indicated a new kind of terror dog. Maybe like the statues of the standing ones in the pit.
Jason call this the spectrall form of the Terror Dog. Perhaps that's the form used to possess people?
groschopf, Sav C liked this
So uh, any reason why there's a DualSense controller ad after the trailer?

....WAIT.
If this is a subtle tease for PS5 Ghostbusters content then holy shit I'm on board.
pizzarat liked this

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]