Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
There are some people spreading some crap on Reddit and whatnot - and I just want to clarify this one thing --
This Post Contains Spoilers
deadderek, Sav C, SpaceBallz and 3 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote: October 12th, 2021, 8:44 am I would love to answer the questions brought up in this thread having seen the movie.

But...

You guys NEED to see it. It's worth waiting for. Avoid the reviews and don't watch that 3rd trailer.
Official trailers are pretty fair game usually.
The reason I say avoid that trailer is because if you see it and think about it, you'll raise questions that as hardcore fans you already know the answer to. (Who, what, why, etc.)

Lots of reviews have given away pretty major plot points, even if they seem inconsequential. I've read one review from a major publication that kind of sort of gave away the ending too.

If you want to go into this movie spoiler free: Don't read this thread, don't read reviews and avoid the upcoming trailer and interviews. It should be fairly easy to be unspoiled unless you go out looking for them.
Sav C, deadderek, Alphagaia and 5 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote: October 12th, 2021, 9:27 am The reason I say avoid that trailer is because if you see it and think about it, you'll raise questions that as hardcore fans you already know the answer to. (Who, what, why, etc.
Fair enough.
deadderek wrote: October 12th, 2021, 9:19 am Official trailers are pretty fair game usually.
Usually, yes... But there's a problem we've all seen to one degree or another over the years, and that's the studios don't always know what's best when it comes to marketing their own films.

One of the trailers for How To Train Your Dragon 2 spoiled the whole fact Hiccup's mother was still alive. This was a marketing decision the film's creative team actually spoke out against, and encouraged fans of the franchise not to watch that particular trailer.

Trailer #3 doesn't reveal the full plot of Afterlife, but it did go against Jason's wishes that the film would be revealed like a present.
robbritton, Wafflerobot, Sav C and 1 others liked this
MagicPrime wrote: October 12th, 2021, 9:06 am There are some people spreading some crap on Reddit and whatnot - and I just want to clarify this one thing --
Thank god for that, because to be honest with you, i dont know how well i could have handled that.

Ill mark this spoiler just in case, but ill take your word on it, but...
I wont know for sure until i see the movie, but i so cant wait!
Sav C liked this
AJ Quick wrote:The reason I say avoid that trailer is because if you see it and think about it, you'll raise questions that as hardcore fans you already know the answer to. (Who, what, why, etc.)

Lots of reviews have given away pretty major plot points, even if they seem inconsequential. I've read one review from a major publication that kind of sort of gave away the ending too.

If you want to go into this movie spoiler free: Don't read this thread, don't read reviews and avoid the upcoming trailer and interviews. It should be fairly easy to be unspoiled unless you go out looking for them.
As someone that has read every review and watched the third trailer, while some aspects have been spoiled, there is still enough mystery left for me to be amped up about this movie. I am glad you liked this movie, AJ. That says more to me than any blue checkmark review ever could.
zackangel wrote: October 12th, 2021, 11:59 am Hello

for new trailer, sure it Egon ?
zackangel liked this
The new "Scream" movie trailer released earlier today, I have to admit I kinda rolled my eyes since it appears to be the same thing over and over again. But it sounds like they made multiple scripts and filmed different versions of the film, similar to what Marvel did with Avengers.

Not really Ghostbusters related, just popped in my head after reading the comments above that trailers show too much.
SpaceBallz wrote:The new "Scream" movie trailer released earlier today, I have to admit I kinda rolled my eyes since it appears to be the same thing over and over again. But it sounds like they made multiple scripts and filmed different versions of the film, similar to what Marvel did with Avengers.

Not really Ghostbusters related, just popped in my head after reading the comments above that trailers show too much.
The Home Alone soft reboot trailer was also released. It was predictably terrible.
SpaceBallz, Sav C, timeware liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: October 12th, 2021, 3:04 pm The Home Alone soft reboot trailer was also released. It was predictably terrible.
I didn't think it was possible to out-awful Home Alone 3 and Home Alone 4... But they... Uh... Found a way.
JonXCTrack wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:03 pm I am in a rush and cannot upload this pic to an image hosting site at the moment, but it is a spoiler.

https://www.facebook.com/SOS.Fantomes.L ... 2833624905
This is of course the danger AJ was speaking of about our mental cogs turning following what we saw in the third trailer. I think I can see how part of the finale plays out...
SpaceBallz, Sav C, Corey91 liked this
Also, why in the deep hell do you remade a much beloved movie shot for shot using the same identical story?

Hey, I have an idea: a teenager from 2021 travels back in 1985 using a time machine built out of a Tesla by his friend Doc Emmet J. Fox. He runs into his parents and interfere in their relationship. He has to adjust things before he's wiped from existence! Great Jobs!!!
Sav C liked this
Davideverona wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:20 pm Hey, I have an idea: a teenager from 2021 travels back in 1985 using a time machine built out of a Tesla by his friend Doc Emmet J. Fox. He runs into his parents and interfere in their relationship. He has to adjust things before he's wiped from existence! Great Jobs!!!
That's a fantastic idea! To whom can I make the check out to?
SpaceBallz liked this
Sav C wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:32 pm
Davideverona wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:20 pm Hey, I have an idea: a teenager from 2021 travels back in 1985 using a time machine built out of a Tesla by his friend Doc Emmet J. Fox. He runs into his parents and interfere in their relationship. He has to adjust things before he's wiped from existence! Great Jobs!!!
That's a fantastic idea! To whom can I make the check out to?
Send the check to Paul Feig, his comment about remaking Back to the Future in Lego Dimensions should be put to the test!
Kingpin wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:03 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: October 12th, 2021, 3:04 pm The Home Alone soft reboot trailer was also released. It was predictably terrible.
I didn't think it was possible to out-awful Home Alone 3 and Home Alone 4... But they... Uh... Found a way.
JonXCTrack wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:03 pm I am in a rush and cannot upload this pic to an image hosting site at the moment, but it is a spoiler.

https://www.facebook.com/SOS.Fantomes.L ... 2833624905
This is of course the danger AJ was speaking of about our mental cogs turning following what we saw in the third trailer. I think I can see how part of the finale plays out...
It has to better then Son of The Mask, or Ace Ventura Jr. Could it actually be worse?
timeware wrote: October 12th, 2021, 4:57 pm It has to better then Son of The Mask, or Ace Ventura Jr. Could it actually be worse?
I think it'd be as equally awful, if not worse.

I wonder if we'll see the official version of Trailer #3 in six days. Releasing the final trailer at the 31-day mark seems a fitting way to kick off the final countdown to the movie's release.
Historically, when there have been movies I want to see coming out, I haven't been able to resist new trailers and whatnot. This third trailer is gonna test me...but I'm gonna resist.

It does help to have people who have seen the movie saying to skip it.

I'm also pleased that my current schedule at work was extended another couple of weeks, and now covers Afterlife's opening, so I know I'll be off work for the Thursday early shows.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Alison Willmore of Vulture didn't like Ghostbusters: Afterlife either. At least her review is a little less raging [removed by moderator]Beware - she spoils some dialogue.

https://www.vulture.com/article/ghostbu ... orpse.html

Also,
JonXCTrack wrote: October 12th, 2021, 8:24 pm
Well... if the cat is sort of... already kind of out of the bag...
Like so many of you, I've scoured over every detail of info/spoilers since the day this film was announced.

At this point I feel the real surprise will be the humor. I'm at a point where I'm "good" knowing the details of the story/plot. There's a real weighty quality to the trailers, and there's not many of the funny moments revealed yet. I've read a few of the jokes in the reviews, and they've definitely stuck to my brain.

So many reviews of GBII criticize its softening and family friendly dynamic from the original. It's interesting how a lot of the positive reviews view that as a positive aspect to Afterlife now. Maybe GBII will finally get an amount of respect that it deserves, retrospectively?
Dr.D, Corey91 liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: October 12th, 2021, 8:24 pm Alison Willmore of Vulture didn't like Ghostbusters: Afterlife either. At least her review is a little less raging [removed by moderator]Beware - she spoils some dialogue.

https://www.vulture.com/article/ghostbu ... orpse.html

[/Spoiler]
These people who didn't like the movie probably hate retro 80s night parties.
deadderek liked this
pizzarat wrote: October 12th, 2021, 9:12 pm Like so many of you, I've scoured over every detail of info/spoilers since the day this film was announced.

At this point I feel the real surprise will be the humor. I'm at a point where I'm "good" knowing the details of the story/plot. There's a real weighty quality to the trailers, and there's not many of the funny moments revealed yet. I've read a few of the jokes in the reviews, and they've definitely stuck to my brain.

So many reviews of GBII criticize its softening and family friendly dynamic from the original. It's interesting how a lot of the positive reviews view that as a positive aspect to Afterlife now. Maybe GBII will finally get an amount of respect that it deserves, retrospectively?
I have a huge attachment to the GB films. But, I honestly have an even bigger attachment to The Real Ghostbusters. I have no issues with Afterlife being "kid friendly" - and from what I hear the movie has a somewhat similar tone to some of those darker season one RGB episodes.
Wafflerobot, SpaceBallz liked this

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]