Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Im sure well see a dusty Slime Blower somewhere.

Maybe carrying the giant tanks became obsolete because Egon updated a Slime Charger feature into the proton pack like in the game?

Maybe another river of slime in the mine?

Honestly if we dont see anything else…Rays Occult is a damn fine GB2 canonical bridge for me.

More discussion…would the effects of the positive slime still be apparent to the modern Ray?
Ecto24601 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:41 pm
deadderek wrote: July 28th, 2021, 5:28 pm

There was never a single reason to doubt it wouldn't be.
Sorry for late reply but until this trailer I had only seen...
...GB1 trap
...GB1 flightsuits and name patches
...Ecto-1
...no gigameter
...no slime blowers
...no dark flight suits
...no GB2 patches
...no Ecto-1A
... no dancing toaster
...no Ghostbusters savior painting

There was the slightest chance of seeing a dot matrix board or a slime sample somewhere in the dark background of Egon's hidden lab, but you needed alot of fantasy to believe it was there. Ray's occult books is the first clear visual of GB2 existing for me.
None of that is a hint at all of GB2 not being canon. So if Louis isn't brought up in the movie does that make him no longer canon? Silly.
Yeah, considering the plot deals with Gozer's return and (quite likely) the appearance of Ivo Shandor (as a ghost, I'll bet), there's zero way the video game fits in. Had the plot dealt with anything else, I'd be willing to head-canon the thing in, but considering it's retelling the same story as TVG (more or less), sticking TVG in there makes this make zero sense.

The moment when Shandor's ghost tosses aside the skull of Gozer quite clearly implies that the Goze was eliminated by Shandor for failing ("Twice!"), if TVG were canon, then how is Gozer returning? Shandor, similarly, was killed by the GBs in the game, so especially if Ivo appears, that's two strikes--the game's out.

As I said before--the video game is canon to IDW's exceptional comic series, and I knew the comic book wasn't gonna get counted. I'm perfectly happy with this arrangement. Ultimately, the direction GB3 has taken has only strengthened something that was beautiful in GB2--the GBs are always going to be the unsung, unloved, untrusted heroes who bear the brunt of the world's unscientific cynicism, but still save that ungrateful world anyway. They're destined to be underdogs. There's something wonderful in that.

I know people want to hang onto the game since it had Harold's last performance as Egon--and that made sense when there wasn't going to be a Ghostbusters III, but now that there is, circling the trilogy back around onto Ivo Shandor and Gozer makes too much thematic sense and it ties up the trilogy nicely. Including the video game just muddies that all up. The video game will always be there--but it's time to let that particular torch burn out, fellas.
deadderek, *NormalGamer*, MikeyJ122 and 1 others liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:15 pm
joezlo wrote: July 30th, 2021, 11:14 am Crazy thought; maybe that isn't Gozer at all. Maybe its a red herring like The Infinity War Commercials that included the Hulk running with the rest of the Avengers that was put there on purpose to throw people off...

Also, if there is any reference to the IDW comic at all, we should all realize that THAT would make EVERYTHING Cannon! GBVG, RGB, XGB, and ATC! Hell, even TMNT & Transformers would some how be cannon then!!!
@ *referring to bold*

If this were the case, then Afterlife, on it's own, would pretty much represent yet another dimensional timeline in IDW continuity; we won't know that for sure until GB:A is finally out in theaters.
There's not anyway Afterlife can fit within the main IDW timeline, that is unless they pull a cosmic retcon. Something along the line as what happened to Winston's marriage. Frankly I believe that would be too hamfisted.
DocLathropBrown wrote:Yeah, considering the plot deals with Gozer's return and (quite likely) the appearance of Ivo Shandor (as a ghost, I'll bet), there's zero way the video game fits in. Had the plot dealt with anything else, I'd be willing to head-canon the thing in, but considering it's retelling the same story as TVG (more or less), sticking TVG in there makes this make zero sense.

The moment when Shandor's ghost tosses aside the skull of Gozer quite clearly implies that the Goze was eliminated by Shandor for failing ("Twice!"), if TVG were canon, then how is Gozer returning? Shandor, similarly, was killed by the GBs in the game, so especially if Ivo appears, that's two strikes--the game's out.

As I said before--the video game is canon to IDW's exceptional comic series, and I knew the comic book wasn't gonna get counted. I'm perfectly happy with this arrangement. Ultimately, the direction GB3 has taken has only strengthened something that was beautiful in GB2--the GBs are always going to be the unsung, unloved, untrusted heroes who bear the brunt of the world's unscientific cynicism, but still save that ungrateful world anyway. They're destined to be underdogs. There's something wonderful in that.

I know people want to hang onto the game since it had Harold's last performance as Egon--and that made sense when there wasn't going to be a Ghostbusters III, but now that there is, circling the trilogy back around onto Ivo Shandor and Gozer makes too much thematic sense and it ties up the trilogy nicely. Including the video game just muddies that all up. The video game will always be there--but it's time to let that particular torch burn out, fellas.
I recall seeing a video of an interview with Ivan Reitman where he said the video game was not canon. I'm OK with this decision if it is true. If Ghostbusters: Afterlife is not a good movie, then in my head canon, GB:TVG will be the third film.
deadderek wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:58 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Sorry for late reply but until this trailer I had only seen...
...GB1 trap
...GB1 flightsuits and name patches
...Ecto-1
...no gigameter
...no slime blowers
...no dark flight suits
...no GB2 patches
...no Ecto-1A
... no dancing toaster
...no Ghostbusters savior painting

There was the slightest chance of seeing a dot matrix board or a slime sample somewhere in the dark background of Egon's hidden lab, but you needed alot of fantasy to believe it was there. Ray's occult books is the first clear visual of GB2 existing for me.
None of that is a hint at all of GB2 not being canon. So if Louis isn't brought up in the movie does that make him no longer canon? Silly.
Tully not showing up is not continuation. Not showing anything related to GB2 (SO FAR) in a place filled with Ghostbusters equipment is.
Bison256 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:09 pm
*NormalGamer* wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:15 pm

@ *referring to bold*

If this were the case, then Afterlife, on it's own, would pretty much represent yet another dimensional timeline in IDW continuity; we won't know that for sure until GB:A is finally out in theaters.
There's not anyway Afterlife can fit within the main IDW timeline, that is unless they pull a cosmic retcon. Something along the line as what happened to Winston's marriage. Frankly I believe that would be too hamfisted.
@ *referring to bold*

It doesn't need to, which is why I said that Afterlife can exist on it's own as another alternate dimensional timeline in IDW canon; It doesn't need a retcon, either, and the IDW canon exists as it's own thing.
For me it's the same reasoning when ATC came out.
If the Videogame suddenly isn't canon I will just see it as an alternate universe.

GBII reconned RGB.
Afterlife will most probably retcon XGB and perhaps TVG.

It doesn't matter to me and I can find (some) enjoyment in of kinds of GB iterations.

Also regarding fear that GBII wouldn't be canon. That fear just doesn't make sense to me. WHY would they not want the sequel to be canon? Especially when they say Afterlife takes place in the original timeline?
Last edited by Alphagaia on July 30th, 2021, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:21 pm
Bison256 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:09 pm

@ *referring to bold*

It doesn't need to, which is why I said that Afterlife can exist on it's own as another alternate dimensional timeline in IDW canon; It doesn't need a retcon, either, and the IDW canon exists as it's own thing.
Here's the thing about doing it that way. If they feature afterlife characters in a crossover it would allow Phoebe, Trevor and Callie to meet a verison of Egon. But what's stopping the guys from taking the knowledge they learn from them and going to Summerville in their universe and cleaning house?
BatDan wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:15 pm…But things like Beatles, Chuck Berry, Or even Hitchcock and Wizard of Oz are staples of history.. not hearing of or about them or having some understanding is like not knowing about Gandhi or Vietnam.

I dunno, i was 20 no earlier than when GB: TVG came out…and me and my friends were pretty well versed in pop culture history back then, we actually thought new shit sucked and it wasnt even that long ago. :whatever: funny how things in society change in such little time.
I don't think the kids today who haven't engaged with history or kids like you and your friends back then are indicative of what kids were like in either era. I'm sure there are plenty of kids now who are well-versed in pop culture history and think new stuff sucks (and vice-versa). It's just that those types of kids aren't the ones recording reaction videos.

History is an evolving beast, always changing. Things go in and out of vogue naturally. I'm sure there are movies (or anything, really) that seemed historically notable 25 years ago but have ended up fading to time. Meanwhile, there are probably things that have been re-discovered and become more important in pop culture history in the last 25 years that didn't seem like they were going to be that notable.

This is probably not the best example, but one random one off the top of my head: At one point, Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" used to be a number 1 hit from the 1980s. Then, suddenly, almost arbitrarily, it became a key piece of contemporary culture when it became a meme, and has an entire additional historical significance relating to the internet.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:14 pmI recall seeing a video of an interview with Ivan Reitman where he said the video game was not canon. I'm OK with this decision if it is true. If Ghostbusters: Afterlife is not a good movie, then in my head canon, GB:TVG will be the third film.
I seem to recall people disputing this interpretation of his quote (not my opinion, I don't remember the quote well enough, I just remember discussions where people debated what he had meant, since I think this was well before Afterlife was announced).
deadderek wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:58 pmNone of that is a hint at all of GB2 not being canon. So if Louis isn't brought up in the movie does that make him no longer canon? Silly.
Plus, we did have quotes from the filmmakers (less ambiguous) that said the first two movies were canon.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
After seeing the trailer, I'm left with these thoughts.

-Janine being Egon's widow feels cheap only because the movie doesn't have to show us how the relationship began and ended. It'll all be character exposition. When did Janine dump Louis and when did Egon decide to become a family man? The two of them getting together is what fans wanted but given the circumstances, it's just too convenient. Oh, and are her red framed glasses a nod to RGB Egon's?

-Someone forgot to edit out the cigarette in Egon's right hand for the framed photo of the OGB's. Egon was the only non-smoker among them. Most probably won't notice but WE will.

-This is another "back in business" story. Something I thought they'd avoid after all the complains from GB2 doing that.

-Shandor Mining Company was obviously a front so he could build another shrine to Gozer in middle America, in case his big city New York ziggurat failed. The presence of terror dogs and Sumerian temples make it clear either Gozer or Shandor's ghost will be the villain.

-Seeing Ray's Occult Books store confirms GB2 is cannon but I don't expect to see or hear much about what happened in 1989. The Ecto-1 being back in it's GB1 mode instead of how it looked in TVG gives me this vibe even more.

-I still think this movie is banking on the look of IT and Stranger Things with some hints of EGB even though most people never heard of that cartoon.

-I'm glad this movie falls back on Shandor/GB1 plots because it makes GB2 the different of the three. Sure, people can complain its narrative structure is similar to GB1's and Murray will go on trashing it but it will be most unlike the other movies giving it a special place in the franchise.

-Speaking of Murray, this is the last we'll see of him. I'm sure he told Aykroyd or Reitman "After this, I'm done. I don't wanna ever hear about Ghostbusters 4. I'm dead in that one. Bye!"

-The title and theme song will be seen and heard at the very end. I get the feeling this movie just starts with melodrama and no ghostly scares like the previous movies.

I wish I could be a bit more excited but I'm a realist, no bullshit, and this is what I think we're gonna get. If by some miracle it's better, great. I'd love to be wrong on this but I don't see it happening. I had more confirmed faith in Bill & Ted Face the Music than I do in this, which is closer to my heart.
I really do hope they lean into GB2 a bit more. All the YouTube clips shown in the trailer seem to be from the first film but it’d be cool if Grooberson was like “Oh and there was that time the Statue of Liberty walked down 105th street! Most people think it was a illusion of some sort, or faked like the Moon Landing”. Seeing Ray’s Occult, with the red phone and the same Neon light in the window? Man. That did the heart good. But I’d love a couple GB2 Easter eggs. Seeing a Slimer blower, like someone mentioned.

Since weve seen those Toys of the kids dressed up in GB gear and there’s no Paul Rudd or Carrie Coons in GB gear, I think it’s safe to say they are the Vinz/Zuul targets this time around. Which bums me out a bit. I so wanted Paul Rudd dressed in GB regalia.

I’m still not sure im in love with the idea of these kids being the new GB’s. I was fine with them fooling around with the equipment, learning about it and even busting a ghost but being the “next generation”? This movie can’t be designed as a “one & done” kind of deal, so having kids as the new GB’s can’t exactly be where the franchise is heading. Makes you wonder. How will they continue on with this idea? Kids as Ghostbusters is a fun idea for part of a movie but for the
JA Slow, Sav C, pizzarat and 2 others liked this
My thoughts on how Afterlife is shaping up imo:

I feel VERY strongly that Gozer is the big bad again. We might see Shandor, but he'll be a ghost or something. In the IGN trailer reaction video (with Jason Reitman), he gives us fans a lot of clues, imo. If you know where to look. I don't believe Jason wants to create any new mythology for Gozer, or anything Gozerian related. He has a super fan love of the original, just like we do. Would any of you want to mess with Dan and Harold's creation? I wouldn't. But what he DOES want to do is add to what IS already in there. So they took a HARD look at every word of exposition in GB1. Hence why (I believe), Gozer will retain the female form. "Gozer the traveler will come in his prechosen form." But it doesn't say WHO choose that form, so I believe that's where they went here. Shandor chose the form of Gozer with this temple they made in Summerville. Perhaps, just like in choosing the destructor form, the traveler form is chosen by the summoner? Which in this case, would have been Shandor. Which at the end of the day, Gozer doesn't seem to care what form it's in, hence why you get the choice to begin with.

Which this brings me to my next point, I feel that it's pretty certain TVG is no longer cannon, which I'm ok with. I LOVE the game as much as anyone (my pack is TVG inspired). It's all about this Gozerian lore imo, Gozer is a good villain, villains are hard to create. I like Vigo yes, and in some ways he is scarier than Gozer, but WHO was the bigger threat really? Gozer was. So for Jason to revisit Gozer is a smart move imo, as well as tying things to the first movie as much as possible. Which means the game has to be sacrificed.

During the reaction video, Jason really seemed like he wants to echo the original as much as possible (but not too much). While it might come across "Stranger thingsish" to some, it's really a smart way for the younger generations to discover Ghostbusters, they will be able to relate to it more imo. Having said that, I believe we will hear/see things that are meant to parallel the original. Will there be an opening scare sequence? Possibly. Montage scene? Possibly. Ghosts on a rampage (like in the OG)? Pretty certain. I could go on and on. Will the film follow the same beats as the original? Probably not. Will we spend a lot of time getting to know the new cast? Yes. But I DO believe they will work in the OG's in a really well done way. The attention to detail that Jason has displayed on this film is pretty stellar. I also feel like he knows how to develop interesting characters. Plus we can't argue that he doesn't know and love the franchise. In many ways he WAS the first Ghostbusters fan.

The biggest complaint people might be able to make is that it might not be super funny. I'm sure it'll have jokes, but they will be subtle. I do have hope though, hearing that they made Peter a teacher again is interesting. If Bill pulls out some great Peter Venkman... That'll be worth the price of admission imo.
Corey91 liked this
Finally got around to commenting on the new trailer as I'm on holiday in the Scottish Highlands!
All I can say is wow. This has gripped me everywhere. I love that there is a very human story spun through this. I love the continuation of the Gozer story. I love the practical effects. I love the fact that the Terror Dogs (my favorite ghosts) are back

Can't wait for more!
MikeyJ122 liked this
lozbloke wrote: July 30th, 2021, 3:53 pm Finally got around to commenting on the new trailer as I'm on holiday in the Scottish Highlands!
All I can say is wow. This has gripped me everywhere. I love that there is a very human story spun through this. I love the continuation of the Gozer story. I love the practical effects. I love the fact that the Terror Dogs (my favorite ghosts) are back

Can't wait for more!
I agree with a lot of this. Except the Terror dogs part (I love them, but Gozer is my fav, although not technically a ghost). But I agree with everything else. It's the human story that's going to make this film hit home. I think they might have something special in their hands.

Which we deserve another great film in this franchise, don't we? I've been waiting for a proper GB3 since 1990. It might have taken forever to happen, but I think it might finally be here. Even Bill looks excited about it, imo. Which I have hope, that Bill night have brought his A game. He might not be the star of the movie, but he could steal the show. He IS Dr. Peter Venkman after all.
lozbloke liked this
Anyone worried about kids picking up the gear need not worry. Two years have already passed since we first saw leaked photos from the set.

The new crew will likely be old enough to get kicked out of a university by the time a sequel rolls around.

As of this post:
• Mckenna Grace is 15 years old
• Finn Wolfhard is 18
• Celeste O'Connor is already 22
• Logan Kim is... okay, I have no idea

As a point of reference, the character of Marty McFly was 17 in Back to the Future.

We're still a quarter of a year away from the film's release date. We wouldn't see a sequel in theaters until 2023 at the earliest.

If the studio succeeds in making a series of films with these stars, they could conceivably due them for a very long time. Like... the Fast and the Furious long time.

lozbloke, deadderek liked this
I'm all for more Ghostbusters movies... but I don't need 10 of them. XD

As for what's canon or not, let's wait to see the movie and then we can all headcanon the timelines as much as we'd like.

I'm curious if we find out about the containment unit in NYC. With Egon gone and the other three effectively gone their separate ways, is Ray the only one staying local to take care of it?

Who knows, maybe that's too "who really cares" for the movie to give us.
*NormalGamer* liked this
groschopf wrote: July 30th, 2021, 4:09 pm Anyone worried about kids picking up the gear need not worry. Two years have already passed since we first saw leaked photos from the set.

The new crew will likely be old enough to get kicked out of a university by the time a sequel rolls around.

As of this post:
• Mckenna Grace is 15 years old
• Finn Wolfhard is 18
• Celeste O'Connor is already 22
• Logan Kim is... okay, I have no idea

As a point of reference, the character of Marty McFly was 17 in Back to the Future.

We're still a quarter of a year away from the film's release date. We wouldn't see a sequel in theaters until 2023 at the earliest.

If the studio succeeds in making a series of films with these stars, they could conceivably due them for a very long time. Like... the Fast and the Furious long time.

Michael J Fox was 24 when he was in BTTF. And Finn Wolfhard still looks like he’s 14.

Also, is Logan Kim’s characters name actually….”Podcast”? I’m guessing it’s a nickname but still…”Podcast” lol. And the one girl is named…”Lucky”?

The one thing I love about Ghostbusters is the character names. Ray Stanz, Egon Spengler, Peter Venkman & Winston Zeddemore. Those are some terrific names. Very unique.

Part of me wonders what’s up with the containment unit in NYC and how they’ll explain that. Those pink swish things when the containment unit blows in GB1 are glimpsed at in the trailer. Did Egon move the containment unit to SummerVille? So many questions.
DocLathropBrown wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:03 pm The moment when Shandor's ghost tosses aside the skull of Gozer quite clearly implies that the Goze was eliminated by Shandor for failing ("Twice!"), if TVG were canon, then how is Gozer returning? Shandor, similarly, was killed by the GBs in the game, so especially if Ivo appears, that's two strikes--the game's out.

Gozer was reduced back into its weakest state. Can't destroy energy and by extension ghosts, gods. Once the Ghostbusters crossed the streams on Shandor's Supreme Destructor Form, everything was pulled back into the Gozerian dimension, including the skull to wait for another shot.

It isn't. IDW didn't 100% adapt TVG like the 2 movies, they cherry picked and over time, made their own version of the story.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:14 pm I recall seeing a video of an interview with Ivan Reitman where he said the video game was not canon. I'm OK with this decision if it is true. If Ghostbusters: Afterlife is not a good movie, then in my head canon, GB:TVG will be the third film.
If you're reffering to that 2016-2017-ish SDCC panel where Video Bob or whatever his name was asked Ivan if he considered TVG to be the third movie, it was disseminated out of context as a clickbait video 'Ivan says it's not canon' that apparently still persists to this day. Much to even Eric's disdain when I brought it up 2+ years ago.
zeta otaku wrote: July 30th, 2021, 4:29 pm I'm all for more Ghostbusters movies... but I don't need 10 of them. XD

As for what's canon or not, let's wait to see the movie and then we can all headcanon the timelines as much as we'd like.

I'm curious if we find out about the containment unit in NYC. With Egon gone and the other three effectively gone their separate ways, is Ray the only one staying local to take care of it?

Who knows, maybe that's too "who really cares" for the movie to give us.
I tend to agree with you when it comes to continuing the franchise forward. My fear, is why Gozer was the perfect choice for the villain again, it's HARD creating good villains. Now if they cherry picked Samhain or Boogeyman from RGB, that could be fun I suppose. But taking the story away from Gozer, tends to lead to trouble, look at GB2. Which I love GB2 (and am glad that it's going to be the unique one now), but it's not as good.

So I am not completely against them taking it one film at a time and "see how things go" type approach. My gut says this film will do good enough to warrant a sequel. But the care put into Afterlife, would have to go into a potential sequel imo, which would be hard. They are kinda draining the "well" with Afterlife, nowhere else to go with GB mythology. They would have to start new, or look at RGB or elsewhere.

Bill Murray is the big elephant in the GB room, and I don't expect him to return again. The ONLY exception I could see is if the franchise REALLY does take off again, and him doing some sort of cameo down the line. But nothing beyond one days worth of work.
Oh, I'm ALL for more GB films... just not in the amount or quality or FREQUENCY of the Fast movies XD

I think having Gozer as the main hook is smart in this case. As the original 84 film is the more recognizable and most well remembered, having a familiar big bad to help bridge the movies works. Though, going forward, having smaller threats for the new team is a given, maybe leading up to a new big bad.

As for Bill Murray, this is absolutely his last hurrah as Peter Venkman. I feel like he came back for Afterlife out of moral obligation than anything else and after this, debts paid or whatever. I feel like Ernie Hudson will come back gladly if the script is solid (or the paycheck is good... dude did Dragonball Evolution after all) and I think people will have to beg Aykroyd to stop making cameos after a while XD
Ecto24601 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 1:18 pm
deadderek wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:58 pm

Tully not showing up is not continuation. Not showing anything related to GB2 (SO FAR) in a place filled with Ghostbusters equipment is.
Absolutely disagree. It's the same insane line of thought.
JA Slow wrote: July 30th, 2021, 2:51 pm- Janine being Egon's widow feels cheap only because the movie doesn't have to show us how the relationship began and ended.

- This is another "back in business" story. Something I thought they'd avoid after all the complains from GB2 doing that.

- Seeing Ray's Occult Books store confirms GB2 is cannon but I don't expect to see or hear much about what happened in 1989.

- Speaking of Murray, this is the last we'll see of him. I'm sure he told Aykroyd or Reitman "After this, I'm done. I don't wanna ever hear about Ghostbusters 4. I'm dead in that one. Bye!"

I wish I could be a bit more excited but I'm a realist, no bullshit, and this is what I think we're gonna get. If by some miracle it's better, great. I'd love to be wrong on this but I don't see it happening. I had more confirmed faith in Bill & Ted Face the Music than I do in this, which is closer to my heart.
As others have pointed out, the trailer implies that Janine was checking in on Egon, but there is no actual evidence in it that she is the grandmother in the equation. For all we know, she's the executor of the estate.

Although I do have my own skepticism/concern about the plot structuring this as another underdog thing, Jason explicitly says in his trailer breakdown that this is (in his view) not a going-into-business story. The implication is that he consciously worked to avoid that.

I don't have a source on this, but someone on facebook posted a comment about Jason saying conspiracy theories surround some of the events of the first two movies. A certain degree of this would both help to explain whatever degree to which people forgot about ghosts or Ghostbusters in the 30 years since...and I wouldn't be shocked if a walking Statue of Liberty was a bigger "conspiracy theory" lightning rod. Admittedly, that's mostly speculation on my part.

While I would certainly assume this is it for Bill, I don't get the impression that he's holding many grudges at this point. I doubt he told anyone not to expect him again, more likely he just won't make himself available if the series continues. I get the impression he's mellowed out in the last 5-10 years, possibly due to Harold's passing.

All things considered, I don't really know why any of this stuff sounds especially concerning. Quite a bit of what you covered in your post has been clear about the movie from the beginning, and half of it is guesses to begin with.
RichardLess wrote: July 30th, 2021, 3:16 pmThis movie can’t be designed as a “one & done” kind of deal, so having kids as the new GB’s can’t exactly be where the franchise is heading.
Why not? Same thing with the 2016 movie: We're going to get new people as the Ghostbusters, and that's a good thing, IMO. I'm ready to move into uncharted territory. I was intrigued by the "globe-trotting" stuff they were suggesting for a 2016 sequel, which I think could be repurposed into an Afterlife sequel (although not as easily, given Phoebe isn't an adult quite yet): why wouldn't someone in another country potentially have some sort of elaborate ghost issue that also ties into some kind of (entirely new) mythology, and have the Ghostbusters brought in to investigate?
zeta otaku wrote: July 30th, 2021, 4:29 pmI'm curious if we find out about the containment unit in NYC. With Egon gone and the other three effectively gone their separate ways, is Ray the only one staying local to take care of it?
If Ray's running the bookstore, my guess is Egon made the containment unit portable, or at least found a way to take the unit, spirits and all, to Oklahoma.

EDIT: Don't know if anyone else has posted this, not a super-important update, but I see there are revised versions of the teaser poster floating around now.

*NormalGamer*, pizzarat, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]