Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Yeah I'm not nearly as excited as I was before, but once the marketing machine kicks in...oh baby!

Also it's hard to be too excited when the release date is still REALLY iffy.
Alphagaia liked this
deadderek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:52 am
pizzarat wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:18 am As a freakishly huge fan of the first two movies, this important detail revealed on AMC's Afterlife page last year still makes me excited for how all three movies will be streamlined into one cohesive story.

"...and with it established not only the new group of central protagonists that the story will follow, but also the mystery at the center of the plot, and how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."
That wasn't "revealed by AMC" at all. It was even said in the very first Variety article:
"...this film will be a continuation of the 1984 sequel and will not be connected to the 2016 film."

At no point did anyone say Ghostbusters 2 was being discarded. I think it stems from people seeing the Ecto 1 instead of the 1A and jumping to conclusions for absolutely no reason at all.
Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Yes, yes, we already know that GBII is part of the movie canon, but the AMC page implies that there's some connection to the major events of all three movies that we don't know about yet.
You're reading too much into that. Sorry you can't see that.

Here come the Twinkies:

It's not breaking news that Afterlife ties into GB 1 & 2. Bizarre.

Why do you think it is?
twmedford23, Alphagaia liked this
Btw for anyone interested, link to said Twinkies: https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1 ... inkie.html
Davideverona liked this
pizzarat wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:33 pm
deadderek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:36 pm It's not breaking news that Afterlife ties into GB 1 & 2. Bizarre.

Why do you think it is?
So, um, tell us again how the events of all three movies are related? :D
How could I? Haven't seen the movie.
pizzarat, twmedford23, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:36 pm It's not breaking news that Afterlife ties into GB 1 & 2. Bizarre.

Why do you think it is?
Its a little muddy for me Pizza, but are you saying Vigo or some form of will be in Afterlife or like the game where Shandor and Gozer influenced Vigo?
I'm not understanding what your suggesting.
Sorry mate.
deadderek liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Its a little muddy for me Pizza, but are you saying Vigo or some form of will be in Afterlife or like the game where Shandor and Gozer influenced Vigo?
Sorry mate.
From the AMC website:

"...and with it established not only the new group of central protagonists that the story will follow, but also the mystery at the center of the plot, and how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."

So really, Hairy Biker, it could be something exactly like you mentioned, I'm not sure. This whole time all I've been saying is that it appears from that website there's something special in this movie that will tie all-three together, or give us more insight into why/how these events happen. That's all. I'm *pretty* sure we already knew that it was following GBII, as Derek was so kind to remind of us.
Last edited by pizzarat on January 20th, 2021, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hairy Biker liked this
Yes AMC confirming what everyone knew from the start and what various day 1 articles said. It's a sequel to both GB movies.
Alphagaia liked this
Maybe they'll explain why the GBs go out of business between and after the movies? These supernatural occurrences only happen when a demigod is rearing it's fugly head.
pizzarat wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:04 pm
deadderek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:59 pm Yes AMC confirming what everyone knew from the start and what various day 1 articles said. It's a sequel to both GB movies.
I wish I had a gif of Janosz with the caption, "Edge over me, m'Lord!". :D
Everything you are doing is bad, I want you to know this.
pizzarat, Corey91 liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:35 pm Maybe they'll explain why the GBs go out of business between and after the movies? These supernatural occurrences only happen when a demigod is rearing it's fugly head.
My thought is that by "events featured" it means there's some connection that could be like Shandor controlling Vigo/the slime (as Hairy Biker mentioned) or something even deeper about the Afterlife itself.
pizzarat wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:29 pm
deadderek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:11 pm Yeah that's no revelation at all. AMC didn't tell us anything new.
Yes, m'lord. You're so edgy!
*tips fedora*
Alphagaia liked this
The trade show mockup for those who don't recall or never have seen it:

Davideverona liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Sorry mate.
Yeah, it's basically just confirming it will be a sequel to the older movies. Not sure why that also means Vigo plays a part in it, unless it becomes a blatant copy of what the Videogame already did.

At the very least, both outcomes are possible, but I feel it's way more likely that's the text is meant to imply it will be a sequel. GB2 is also a sequel and Gozer doesn't play a part in it, which is also why GBA doesn't automatically mean Vigo will play a part of it. (We have many nods to Shandor and Gozer though).
Not sure why it's needed to basically call someone an Edge Lord over a simple dispute, though.
deadderek liked this

Another cool interview with Ernie promoting Redemption day.

Afterlife tidbit: “winston will be a complete character in the new film” (Referring/comparing to character arc and development from an earlier bit. )

Take that for what its worth, if winston gets some backstory and development i think all is well in the “will it just be a quick cameo???” Fear dept.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 21st, 2021, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
deadderek, Davideverona, Kingpin and 4 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: January 21st, 2021, 4:44 am Some Afterlife related shenanigans in the Spanish Master Chef.

It really looks like Muncher is a corrupted version of Slimer.

They are diving into what looks like a pool made of marshmallow filled with blue slime.
My guess is this corrupts anything that eats it.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 21st, 2021, 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Added YouTube code

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]