Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I'm not counting fan reaction trailers or trying not to count fan reviews. These are stats I pulled from You Tube.

Ghostbusters Afterlife-Official Trailer HD-20 M views

Ghostbusters Afterlife-Official Trailer 2021- 4.7M Views

Ghostbusters 3: Afterlife Mini Pufts Trailer (2021) 1.1 M views

Ghostbusters afterlife-offical trailer reaction-115k views

Ghostbusters Afterlife-movie trailer Group Reaction-30 K views

Ghostbusters 3 Afterlife Trailer (without HD) 1.4 M views

Ghostbusters teaser Trailer: 1.4M views

Comparing the trailer views to Answer The Call: 47M Views. Ghostbusters afterlife is only 27 M away from surpassing the ATC official trailer.
pizzarat liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 6th, 2021, 5:28 am One of the recent trailers/featurettes at the end slyly mentioned there would be a score release. It's still a question of if there will be a soundtrack release.
Although soundtracks are not as important as they were for GB and GBII, I wonder if Afterlife will have one, or even just a digital download for that 60s version of the theme song. The CD version of GBII's score comes out next week!
groschopf liked this
OtherBill wrote: August 6th, 2021, 11:52 am What are people hoping for with features on the Afterlife DVD release?
Physical releases have sadly gone downhill in recent years when it comes to bonus material (with the exception of anniversary reissues). So I would be happy with a commentary track above all else, if I had to choose just one thing.
Although if there's a potential silver lining to all of these delays, I'm sure it gave Jason & co more time to consider what they would like to include on the home release (provided Sony doesn't plan on stiffing us).
OtherBill liked this
Davideverona wrote: August 6th, 2021, 12:12 pm I noticed a thing watching the trailer.

Phoebe says: "Egon came out here for a reason"

Why she didn't say "my grandfather"?
Instead of making me think he wasn't her grandfather, it leads me more to believe that there wasn't a relationship between the two. She didn't know him that well and so in her mind it's more logical just to call him Egon.
Davideverona, groschopf, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
And that's assuming that the line we hear isn't deliberately altered as a red herring.
Everything past "Egon" is said lower in a lower pitch.

Some of Paul Rudd's expository dialogue is also stitched together in a similar fashion.
"Somehow, a town [pitch drop] with no fault lines..."
For comparison, here's the unabridged line Paul Rudd in the 2019 trailer.
deadderek, Davideverona liked this
groschopf wrote:And that's assuming that the line we hear isn't deliberately altered as a red herring.
Everything past "Egon" is said lower in a lower pitch.

Some of Paul Rudd's expository dialogue is also stitched together in a similar fashion.
"Somehow, a town [pitch drop] with no fault lines..."
For comparison, here's the unabridged line Paul Rudd in the 2019 trailer.
I noticed that, too. My guess is she says "He came out here for a reason" because that's the line that various official accounts are using.
groschopf liked this
So the Ecto-1 Playset comes in 2 different packaging. Not just promo artwork but 2 different boxes are confirmed to be out there.

One that she is wearing a flight suit, and the other where she isn't.

Alphagaia wrote: August 6th, 2021, 3:03 pm Probably has to do with the delay for the movie?
Both packages have been spotted in the wild. It's not just a case of concept art versus final product.

Both are out there.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: August 6th, 2021, 3:16 amIf they have to delay again I don't see how they can't avoid a dual release.
I mean, who knows how much it cost to lose the marketing deals. Obviously, there are going to be pandemic-related concessions on all ends. But if Sony thinks the movie will make more money in theaters, they're going to stick to theaters. Theaters is the promise of hundreds of millions of dollars, whereas a marketing deal is almost certainly going to be less than $10m, probably less than $5m, if not even less than that.

The fact that Ghostbusters is Sony-owned IP makes streaming tricky even if they wanted to do it. Whatever streaming service wanted it would have to be paying Sony a pretty comfortable amount of money to cover whatever Sony invested and probably some profit, and the receiving streamer will get...almost nothing, since they can't have the rights to the movie, they can't have home video, they can't have a digital exclusive, they can't have any of the merch, they can't have sequel rights, etc. And that's what they're looking at if they wanted to give it up, which they clearly don't.
deadderek, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By Sav C
deadderek wrote: August 6th, 2021, 2:51 pm One that she is wearing a flight suit, and the other where she isn't.
I wonder if the first one is supposed to be one of the charcoal flight suits? I seriously doubt we can infer anything about the movie from that packaging, but it'd be cool if we get a glimpse of the charcoal flight suits.

Edit: It seems to have orange stripes on the pants, so I guess it's probably not meant to be a charcoal suit.
deadderek wrote: August 6th, 2021, 4:27 pm
Alphagaia wrote: August 6th, 2021, 3:03 pm Probably has to do with the delay for the movie?
Both packages have been spotted in the wild. It's not just a case of concept art versus final product.

Both are out there.
Yes, that doesn't hinder my theory?

They could have printed a batch for the summer release, had the delay, decided to wait, got the new release date, change the packaging so they could release the toy a little sooner and before the movie came out, had the movie delayed again and decided to release both packages to save money.

Just a guess. Not that important, but that's how it can go sometimes.

Could also be intentional, so people buy two.
Coover5 liked this
I'm guessing WHY the original Ghostbusters have to wear their flightsuit.

I mean, they're not an active company anymore, they're in Summerville out of kindness towards their fallen friend family. In the courtroom scene in Gb2 they put on their proton pack and helped out, they didn't rush to put their jumpsuits on.
Well, the suits are close by, as seen in the original trailer where Phoebe finds them and they are easier to clean when compared to their more expensive normal clothes.

Depending they have the time to prepare, they would suit up.

They could even have a spare at their own home.
Last edited by Alphagaia on August 7th, 2021, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davideverona wrote:I'm guessing WHY the original Ghostbusters have to wear their flightsuit.

I mean, they're not an active company anymore, they're in Summerville out of kindness towards their fallen friend family. In the courtroom scene in Gb2 they put on their proton pack and helped out, they didn't rush to put their jumpsuits on.

But seriously, I'm sure there will be a reason. Maybe Phoebe takes them into the secret lab and they see the closet of jump suits. Idk.
Alphagaia liked this
I think that's the first time anyone has ever used the phrases "I kind of want to see" and "Junior Ghostbusters" in the same sentence! Congratulations!

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]