Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 9th, 2021, 2:58 pm I remember when someone said that Ecto-1 image was poster-ready, so this quick edit was put together. Shoulda made the bottom left text say "November 11" since I think it did get officially sticked. Cheers to November!
I'm getting a real Ghostbusters meets Corner Gas vibe. I realize that Corner Gas was filmed a province over, but the prairies in Saskatchewan look a lot like the prairies in Alberta lol.
I do like Winston becoming the new Egon. After having known him for so long the tech they'll come up with would be more in line with what he would have thought up. Ray would just come in and be like "How can we give it more power?" Or how can we make more Bay Splosions.
deadderek wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:49 am So guys, do you think Phoebe discovers Callie poking around based on this footage:

Ha, not sure if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone else think that redish piece in the foreground when it pans to Phoebe could be the same red monitor gizmo from the Dean Yager scene from GB!

Also, at the start of the Passing the Proton Pack, did Ivan reveal that deleted scene from GB1 of Jason and Mrs. Reitman running out of Central Park West is gonna be used in Afterlife? If so, I bet it's likely to show up when Grooberson shows them the old footage on his laptop.
deadderek wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:49 am So guys, do you think Phoebe discovers Callie poking around based on this footage:

Or perhaps that scene always involved the two of them like Callie follows behind Phoebe as they go in the direction of what the P.K.E. Meter is detecting. In the trailer there was the POV shot of Phoebe's back as she walked towards the shack that leads to the lab. Maybe that turns out to be Callie's POV.
ROBOrob77 wrote: Ha, not sure if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone else think that redish piece in the foreground when it pans to Phoebe could be the same red monitor gizmo from the Dean Yager scene from GB!
Timo wrote:Jason even posted a pic of that thing at the beginning of the production on instagram
deadderek wrote:Yes, that was brought up when the first trailer was released.
Yup, the Medrad Mark IV Angiographic Injector Injection System. As to what Timo is alluding to, if you're unaware, Jason posted on his instagram about it on May 30, 2019.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGBSwjpxzo/
gbraider82 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:03 pm I thought about that also and it definitely ties into the theme of forgiveness. I don’t think it’s far fetched to think she may have had a baby between 1 and 2 and gave her up for adoption.
I find that doubtful given her line to Louis in Peter’s apartment.

“You know, I think motherhood’s a very natural instinct. I’d like a child myself. Would you?”

Now obviously that line doesn’t negate the adoption theory proposed completely, as timing and readiness for such things changes. I just find it doubtful.

Again, doing the math, if Trevor is 16 in 2020, he’s born in 2004. If Callie had him between 18-20 years old, that puts her being born 1984-1986. That fits the Egon/Janine relationship window, but I’m still skeptical from Janine’s perspective.
Now that I’ve had time to think about it, I can see the fit of Janine being Callie’s birth mother.

Let’s say Egon and Janine’s relationship continues shortly after the Manhattan Crossrip. Not long after that, they get shut down by the government and sued, so they are no longer in business and don’t have a reason to keep Janine around. For some reason Egon and Janine break up, Janine has to find a new job, and shortly afterwards finds out she’s pregnant. Not having a steady job or relationship, she decides against being a single mom and puts her baby up for adoption. Maybe she tells Egon, maybe she doesn’t.

Years go by and either Janine reaches out to meet Callie or Callie finds her through ancestry.com or something. Janine tells Egon, but he’s too far removed to get involved, yet feels obligated to include Callie in his will being his only heir. Thus her inheriting the property in the movie.

This would explain why she didn’t have the child in the sequel, and also why her and Egon no longer had interest in each other.

Maybe not, but it’s not as far fetched as I was thinking a couple hours ago.
Alphagaia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:01 pm Am I an ass if I don't want GBII's Janine to be canon?

Or at the very least make it a temporary phase she had to go through for some reason?
Yeah, the IDW comics sort of rationalized it. Egon pointed out when she gets tired of him not responding to her flirting/being too busy saving the world, she picks a boyfriend with superficial similarities to Egon, breaks up with him when she gets bored, and goes back to flirting with Egon. And so on and so on.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
Louis is the father of both Callie and Oscar. He got "together" with Dana while he was possessed, and one thing led to another with Janine in Ghostbusters II. Though Dana say's nothing happened but it was implied something happened. This is some serious Jerry Springer stuff here!

Alphagaia wrote: June 10th, 2021, 12:02 am Not gonna lie.

I think IDW's GB run is the best GB thing outside of the first movie. With RGB a close third.
Oh I agree. Even if there are likely contradictions in Afterlife, I will always consider the events of the comic canon. The main thing that I hope to see more of post Afterlife is more stories from IDW. :):):)
timeware wrote: June 10th, 2021, 1:34 am Louis is the father of both Callie and Oscar. He got "together" with Dana while he was possessed, and one thing led to another with Janine in Ghostbusters II. Though Dana say's nothing happened but it was implied something happened. This is some serious Jerry Springer stuff here!

So, Dana has been pregnant for 5 years?
twmedford23 liked this
No doubt in mind...absolutely references to Answer the Call.

Alphagaia, robbritton, tylergfoster and 1 others liked this
Ngl, Lucky being a mix of Erin and Patty sounds intriguing. They seem to be the MVP’s for ATC (at least to me) so I think I would legit adore Lucky. I don’t know if it’s intentional but I’m totally onboard for that. :love:
Alphagaia liked this
The necklaces and the shirt guys. That's what leads me to believe it's a subtle ATC reference. No one is saying the character of Lucky is like Patty or Erin.
gbraider82 wrote: June 10th, 2021, 7:47 am It could also be that Janine has no relation at all to them and that Egon made her promise to take care of Callie if anything happened to him. Janine may be the first one to explain to the family what Egon was like.
Oh hadn't considered that. That's REALLY good.
deadderek wrote:The necklaces and the shirt guys. That's what leads me to believe it's a subtle ATC reference. No one is saying the character of Lucky is like Patty or Erin.
Yep, I’m definitely overthinking a lot. Ah well, still a cute reference to showcase.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]