Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
So what happened with this Sentinel Terror Dog ghost?

We never really see it in the movie? It got a lot of promotion, we got the Toy also, but then on the movie.... is nowere to be seen, except on the statues in the temple? Whats the point of this Sentinel? I had the feeling the Ghost that Egoon trap was the Sentinel Dog, when they freed the trap, it looks like the gost face/horns looks like the sentinel..., but the kids say he "traped a terror dog". And maybe I would need to rewatch the movie to see it clear.

If Egon did trapped a Sentinel Terror Dog, when it got released he went back to the tmeple, but we don't see it anymore...

Also, About Ivo Shandor and the Temple of Gozer... If he Built the Gateway on Central's Park Building... and it sused on the 84 to get Gozer in this Dimension.... Why have another Temple built in Summervile? I could understand it as first attempt, he built that on the mine, but then thought it would be better to build that Selenium building in Central park and use it as Main and better made "temple"... But then.... WHY is he in that coffin in the Mine instead of the Building? If he was hopping to get Gozer back in the building, why he did not coffin/cursed himself in the rooftop like he did witht he terror dogs?

And in the events of the 84... Was Ivo Shandor awaken the full time Gozer was in untill the GB close the gate? What was he doing?

Cheers
Apparently according to the trailer commentary Jason took part in a while back, the Terror Sentinels are Zuul and Vinz when they're not inhabiting human bodies.

We get a quick glimpse of it when it's escaping the trap Grooberson is messing with, and towards the end of the opening scene, before we're introduced to Callie and the kids.

He probably built the Summerville temple as a back-up in case the one in New York failed... Or as a plan to draw Gozer to Summerville once the gateway had been opened in New York.

What may've happened to him in 1984 is anyone's guess. He might've remained in his slumber if the Summerville temple wasn't being powered up.
But we see the Terror Dogs quite alot without inhabiting humans. We see them all the time in GB and I would say we see them again all the time on Afterlife, except for that bit of the trap getting opened. I would need to watch the first sequence again, but If I don;t remember bad, its a Terror Dog what comes inside the Farm, then dissapears, and then the "hands on the couch" happens
I really think that the Temple on Central Park West was built with the sole purpose of Gozer destroying a big city and the Temple in Summerville was intended as a home base for Shandor to celebrate with Gozer.

Shandor thought society was "too sick to survive" so he choose the one of biggest cities with a big population to bring forth Gozer to destroy New York. Shandor built Summerville so the Temple there was just to celebrate their victory (which didn't happen) and it was Shandor's plan to preserve his body for a 2020/2021 return.

If you try to include GBTVG then he came back as a Ghost when Gozer failed and when their reunion happened in Summerville, Gozer paid back Shandor's betrayal. Just my theory.
GBDRE760 liked this
I think the Sentinel Terror Dog was at the beginning, when we don't see it's legs/feet stomping into the dirt farm towards Egon. If I remember correctly, the toy Sentinel Dog was visible from the torso up but invisible from the waist down. Maybe they cut it due to time constraints or realized it wasn't going to work late in production (in the new Adam Savage video where he interviews Jason, Jason did say that as production went on they realized things weren't going to work so they scrapped them). I think the original cut of this was over two hours, but the studio was like "umm..trim it to two hours max, please?"

It would explain why Egon attempted to use all the traps instead of using them on Gozer. Maybe the sentinel Terror Dog played a bigger role than what we all think.
Yes, that is right, that was another question I had.

Egon traps a Terror Dog on his trap, Podcast traps a Terror Dog on a trap too... Why do you need to have a Terror Dog to chase you to use 84 traps when you cna just use one? Maybe instead of the Terror dog was a Sentinel dog who chased him, but that would mean he did got the other Sentinel Dog on his trap, so we are back at the begining, why bother to use 84 traps on a Sentinel Dog? Maybe it was Gozer half way (as at the end of the film?) who chases Egon with the remaining Terror Dog? And after killing Egon it can;t stay in this dimension any longer and Gozer gets sucked back to the gateway?

It has sense if you think about it, but later you realize that he did used the cross streams security instalation at the very begining, so gozer coudl never cross tot his dimension in first place....

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]