Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I wish I knew how to make a poll. Perhaps an admin could add one?

What do people think about an official campaign to Hasbro to switch the Notebook and the MiniPuft stretch goals around:

Think about it:

1. The Pufts will be (pretty much) available to buy anywhere in "clean" form. The Stretch goal "burnt" versions are like the typical "slimed" or "marshmallow mess" etc. variants of typical GB figures. They are usually late run high ROI variants that are the lowest value retail versions of the product. They are what's left on shelves that no one wants to buy. Everybody wants the clean versions first.

2. The Notebook will actually add depth to the universe of not only *Afterlife *but also GB1 (imagine that! New GB1 universe lore in 2021). It will expand the lore of the movies. A deep dive into the mind of Egon. Esp. now that Jason has said there might not be an extended cut (take with a pinch of salt I know..)

3. And this is the most important one: The notebook is **undoubtedly **more cost effective to produce than the figures. It will be a fraction of the cost of overall production. Because the value of the asset lies purely in its creativity not the weight of the plastic making it up.

That means more money LEFT OVER to spend on the pack.

(What everyone is hoping for:
-An actual power draw connection with the wand? interactivity?
-Futureproofing the pack with a standardized line out port on the pack hose area like on the back of the Matty wand so the community can develop any arduino chip to have the pack connect to any other current or future wand/item? using just an audio jack and NO taking the pack apart and NO SOLDERING?)
-Better cyclotron lights?)

To me it's just not logical for the fan community to prefer the burnt figures to the notebook, especially considering the implications it will likely have for the pack

What do people think? A poll would be such an easy way of tallying it
I kind of prefer the notebook over the Mini-Pufts but... You might want to hold your horses. I am keeping an eye on HasLab daily and I have watched the numbers go up since Afterlife has opened. There are 18 days left of the campaign and I see that today alone, 500 more proton packs were funded. That is a NICE amount if you ask me, plus the movie has only been out for five days. I believe that 18/19 days is long enough to get us to the display stand as well if things don't slow down :crunch::wink:
One time, deadderek liked this
From what I can tell on other forums the split is in favor of the Pufts right now. Oh well, might as well hope to get both as you say.

To be honest, the only cost of the notebook should be the printed booklet form.

I’d just be happy if they released whatever text is in it on photocopied A4 sheets for all I care.

It could even be free with the PP.
GBDRE760 liked this
I too would prefer the book over the marshmallow add ons and mini's, however I'm not sure if the Mini's were a higher level...the backers would get it there. If the book is more appealing then generally the thought from Hasbro is I want the book so I'll get a pack and you get a pack that way we'll get there and if the minis were higher on the totem pole...I don't know there would be a better chance of getting to that mark and ultimately the stand.

I've never been a fan of Haslab. I am forced however to admit this large scale collectable wouldn't sell well at retail. Wal marts and TRU and Targets aren't gonna sell the basic pack for 399.00 They just don't market toys that way anymore sadly (I collect a TON of He-Man stuff so I have some background there) but am I going to complain I get a few bonus items there from Hasbro when I buy the pack? No. Do I like the clip on puft parts? No but I'm buying the pack and the hose. Other stuff is kinda eh either way.
Last edited by RealGhostbusterJay on November 25th, 2021, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
GBDRE760 liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: November 25th, 2021, 1:50 am I'm just going to sell the burnt mini pufts to ease the entry price of the pack. Should get $50 for em.

I thought they'd be normal mini pufts but with a new selection of head sculpts or at least half melted. The paint job is cool enough, but definitely the least of the stretch goals for me.
Very much agreed. I mean come on... What REAL fan wouldn't want to know what's in Egon's notebook? The equipment, although it looks familiar to us, has CHANGED in order to keep it running. One real question I have to ask if that with 84 traps on Egon's dirt patch of a lawn, where was he planning on emptying those when he is that far from New York? Or did he plan on going back to the firehouse after closing that gateway? Either way, Egon's journal should be a heap of gold compared to some alternate Mini-Pufts.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:13 am Well maybe they will listen, after the loss of a ton of backers from the Rancor for the SW Haslab because the tiers were really a slap in the face...they might.
Me personally, I wish there was a Haslab Ghost Trap and PKE meter. Those would definitely make me say "Take my money" I mean, the pack has already done that, but I would shell out on a movie-accurate trap and PKE as well if they can make it happen.
"Me personally, I wish there was a Haslab Ghost Trap and PKE meter. Those would definitely make me say "Take my money" I mean, the pack has already done that, but I would shell out on a movie-accurate trap and PKE as well if they can make it happen."

I can see the PKE hitting retail locations similar to the wand did, the trap however I can see going Haslab
GBDRE760 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]