Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By BatDan
i think this movie looks fantastic personally.

A dark and subtle character study on the Joker in the formula of Taxi Driver? yes please.

I love the style, the tone, and Joaquin looks like he's giving his all in this movie.

People didn't have much faith in Todd Philips since he's known for mostly comedy. I didn't really understand that sentiment since Burton was known for comedies before signing on to Batman 1989.

Philips also shot and directed a documentary on GG Allin, so anyone who can understand the nature of hardcore punk, can certainly understand the anarchy and chaos of the Joker. So i had faith he'd be able to deliver a competent film.

just my two cents.
By BatDan
Just saw it over the weekend. I was blown away, i thought no one could top Heath..but Joaquin brings a whole new take and angle that makes him Heath's (and Jack's) equal.
By BatDan
It was a such a breath of fresh air.

I was so jaded and bored with the excessive CGI Snyder-verse route they were taking. Warners attempt to copy the MCU essentially. BVS, Justice League and Suicide Squad were a complete mess and a waste.

It was nice to see a modestly budgeted comic book film that didnt need big action sets, just raw filmmaking, great acting, and layered screenplay.
By BatDan
I keep hearing that as a complaint.

But what did they expect? Its a Joker movie, its supposed to be dark and twisted.

I dunno, im a horror buff, so I applaud the movie for making me feel disturbed, something not many new horror movies achieve.

I liked the Thomas Wayne arc, it added a new layer to the story, it was also somewhat of a callback to the Tim Burton movies, i like the idea of Joker being involved in the Wayne murders somehow, even if its not official “comic” canon.
By Winston1986
BatDan wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 10:22 am I keep hearing that as a complaint.

But what did they expect? Its a Joker movie, its supposed to be dark and twisted.

I dunno, im a horror buff, so I applaud the movie for making me feel disturbed, something not many new horror movies achieve.

I liked the Thomas Wayne arc, it added a new layer to the story, it was also somewhat of a callback to the Tim Burton movies, i like the idea of Joker being involved in the Wayne murders somehow, even if its not official “comic” canon.
I somehow missed this but I just didn't enjoy the messed up things in it. Frankly I don't watch modern horror movies. I mainly stick to older ones.
By SSJmole
Joker was just a brilliant movie imo. Others can dislike it if they like but to me it was wonderful , it made you think and it's not the same comic format that people expect. It's the type of movie where each time you watch you enjoy it. It each time you think it all means different.
By Doctor Venkman
Having finally saw this movie, I really don't understand people calling it genius or amazing. It's really nothing special. They took what is a basic, generic mental illness movie, and slapped the Joker name on it.

Joker isn't supposed to have justification for every one of his murders. You're not supposed to see reasoning in his killings. "Oh if everyone had just been nicer to him..."

Frankly, and I don't mean this as an insult to anyone, but the overall feel of those call it deep and genius to me really comes off as pretentious and wanting it to be more than it is.
By MichaelS
As an acting students, I found the movie and mainly Joaquin Phoenix amazing. The movie is a Joker-centered sequence scenes, despite that it keeps you glued to the screen without ever being boring. The skill and theatrical gestures of Phoenix exaggeratedly expressive and eloquent. (Mute the movie and watch it to see what I mean).
By GBfan77
Kingpin wrote: July 18th, 2020, 1:37 pm I don't see the issue... This is the Joker before Batman, thus, before the chemical bath.
I've never been a fan of the grease paint look. So it was disappointing to see. Not only that but I didn't like the application of the grease paint. That big blob of red on the nose and all that blue.
By GBfan77
Kingpin wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:05 pm I get the impression he's not meant to be a professional makeup artist, which would explain why it looks uneven/poorly applied. It doesn't seem substantial enough to me to write-off the entire film...
There were other things. The Depressing atmosphere of the trailer, "All my thoughts are dark thoughts." There wasn't anything there that made me excited to see the movie.

I also hate origin films when they are necessary. We don't need an origin story for Batman, or Superman, or the Incredible Hulk. Everyone knows their origins. With the Joker the best thing about him is that he had no origin. You didn't know where he came from, that's the best thing about the character. I don't care to know that he has several mental disorders and he was going to a shrink and his mother was dying. Or that he was getting bullied and beat up all the time.
By Winston1986
GBfan77 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 6:16 pm
Kingpin wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:05 pm I get the impression he's not meant to be a professional makeup artist, which would explain why it looks uneven/poorly applied. It doesn't seem substantial enough to me to write-off the entire film...
There were other things. The Depressing atmosphere of the trailer, "All my thoughts are dark thoughts." There wasn't anything there that made me excited to see the movie.

I also hate origin films when they are necessary. We don't need an origin story for Batman, or Superman, or the Incredible Hulk. Everyone knows their origins. With the Joker the best thing about him is that he had no origin. You didn't know where he came from, that's the best thing about the character. I don't care to know that he has several mental disorders and he was going to a shrink and his mother was dying. Or that he was getting bullied and beat up all the time.
I did see this in theater but I didn't really like it that much as I already said. And I agree. Joker doesn't need an official origin. Though personally I myself didn't mind the origin they gave him in the Tim Burton movie.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]