Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By l3w1sb159
Hey guys I'm not sure where else to ask, but I ordered some stuff from epic props ebay page in mid Jan and I've still yet to get an update to say it has even dispatched. I know he sent out messages saying he had some family issues to deal with delaying orders but after leaving it another week or 2 I messaged again to get an update and nothing...

Anyone heard anything about where they are atwith orders if they've done business with Epic Props at all?
By Kingpin
I bought some Proton Pack spacers from Epic last year, there was a bit of a turnaround time, but I received the product I'd bought in the fullness of time. What were the items you'd bought?
By l3w1sb159
Just a leg hose and connector, it should have been dispatched before the end of January but like I said he had to deal with some personal stuff in that time which has delayed a load of orders. I'm just not sure what to do after leaving it about 2 weeks since he let me know about it, I dont want to keep bothering him if he still has that stuff on his plate to deal with.
By tobycj
I've seen a few people mention delays in getting stuff/poor comms from him in the last year or so. I had some goggle greeblies off him in 2019 and I had to give him a couple of prods for him to get them posted. If you've paid up already I think you're fine to contact him again, if he's got stuff going on then he just needs to let you know that.
By l3w1sb159
I'll give it another week and if not I'll drop him another message.
I dont know if I would be better off ordering through his website next time if that would make any difference?
By tobycj
Probably not, as long as you've paid through paypal goods and services you'll be covered if you need to make a claim.
By l3w1sb159
Yes I made the mistake of buying something off etsy over 5 years ago without paypal, long story short I didnt see that £500 again but learned a valuable lesson.

ALWAYS USE PAYPAL.

The tricky thing is, the leg hose and connector he sells is exactly what I'm looking for in terms of material and general visuals, and other sellers dont quite scratch that itch like this one I'm waiting for. More than happy to wait for it, just a little frustrating waiting on updates.
By tobycj
If it all goes south, I got my connector from Peter at Keymaster Props and I think it's great, would recommend! He does a kit with the hose as well, although I bought clear hose off ebay and dyed it myself with Azo tablets.
By l3w1sb159
Yes I've got some stuff off him before and I have my eye on it as a backup :)
Good quality stuff without the horrific shipping fees :)
By l3w1sb159
I dont suppose anyone has had any interactions with Epicprops over the past month?
Trying to see if anyone else has had any replies or not just to check it's not just me?
By BigNate0198
The last I heard anything was February 5th when he was supposed to be returning home from a funeral. I am still waiting on my proton pack order.
By l3w1sb159
Yeah that's the last I heard anything too.
I really hate to have to cancel but after a whole month of no replies to any of my messages afterwards, I dont know what else to do. It should have been delivered by the 28th of jan and as of now it still hasnt been dispatched...
By BigNate0198
I sent messages through all the platforms he uses and there is still an automatic response on his Facebook messenger. I would bet since the funeral they had stuff to do with the estate and last will so it would make sense he has been busy. I’m going to wait a little longer before jumping to any conclusions. He’s been messaging me back through the whole process until this funeral, so I don’t believe he has any ill intentions to screw anyone over.
By Mooose
I'm afraid to say the guy is a con artist. I paid him £800 for a scaled fully working proton pack with a turn around time of 8 weeks. Several weeks later, there were excuses about waiting for parts to arrive and delays with other work taking priority. Six months down the line he stopped taking my calls and failed to return any messages. I never got the proton pack and having spoken to others who have done business with him, their experience has been the same. I'm astonished the guy has managed to get away with it for so long and the site is still running
By l3w1sb159
Well after this amount of time I've had to take my refund directly to paypal. He has until the 23rd to get in touch and resolve it or paypal will do the honors.
By BigNate0198
Well now I have had to get my money refunded through my credit card. My pack was supposedly ready 3 weeks ago and there has been no further information provided or contact with me. It was too good to be true now I have to find some place else to get a proton pack that is actually decent.
By l3w1sb159
I saw somewhere on this forum, a review of a pack made by epicprops and I have to say it's probably for the best you didnt receive it.
Message Ben Smith at Benofkent props. Hes a top notch guy and his kits are pretty high quality. I'm in the process of building one of his resin kits but I think he does commissions on builds as well.
By tobycj
BigNate0198 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 1:52 pm Well now I have had to get my money refunded through my credit card. My pack was supposedly ready 3 weeks ago and there has been no further information provided or contact with me. It was too good to be true now I have to find some place else to get a proton pack that is actually decent.
if you're after a commission build I would highly recommend Proton Props. Dave's work is excellent. It'll be more than expensive that Epic Props, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality.
By Michael Bracken
This guy has just started up this business again. I’d advise steer well clear as from my own experience he is a con artist. Paid for a Proton Pack and never received it.
By tobycj
Michael Bracken wrote: June 27th, 2022, 5:59 am This guy has just started up this business again. I’d advise steer well clear as from my own experience he is a con artist. Paid for a Proton Pack and never received it.
If you didn't get your money back I would suggest at least contacting him about it now he's back up and running.
By Allghostsmatter
Listen I need help please, I just want to buy a full kit with exactly everything I need to install movie sound effects into my proton pack. This is my very first build. I need help, don't know where to post and don't want to buy each price separately cause I don't even know what to buy, so I'd like to buy something that's all grouped together and all I have to do is install it. Will someone please help me? I'm making this for my son.
By tobycj
Allghostsmatter wrote: July 6th, 2022, 3:42 pm Listen I need help please, I just want to buy a full kit with exactly everything I need to install movie sound effects into my proton pack. This is my very first build. I need help, don't know where to post and don't want to buy each price separately cause I don't even know what to buy, so I'd like to buy something that's all grouped together and all I have to do is install it. Will someone please help me? I'm making this for my son.
Do you already have a pack, and you're just looking for electronics to install? is it a full sized pack?
By Allghostsmatter
It's from BenofKent. None of the holes are drilled, no cuts made, I do have electronics and a motherboard, but I'm unsure how to attach any of this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Clark822
I have ordered from them recently without any issues for my first pack build and can't really fault the service I got or the items I received
By richand26mhz
i ordered some stuff a few years back, his ribbon cable and motherboard.

the order was delayed multiple times and the motherboard was awful, cut with a angle grinder in a rush with cuts and slashes all over it, but then again it was cheap. Cable was decent but very stiff. I would stay clear tbh.
By Mercifull
Just wanted to add that I've ordered a few things from Epic-Props lately (ribbon cable, death whistle) and all arrived fairly quickly. I've just ordered a resin-cast Radiacmeter within the last few days but this is not expected to be received for a few weeks as it's made-to-order.

Granted those are only small items certainly not to the same scale as a proton pack shell but so far there's no indication that it's a swizz. From reading the Facebook page there looked to be some delays earlier in the year due to someone in the workshop getting covid but things seem to be working fine now.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]