So I've noticed with tons of goggle builds that they don't have the actual lens' in them.. not like the accurate part but the actual piece of glass lens' that go IN the lens' .. has anyone tried making some? I wanted to put an LED kit in mine with ecto green glow (already did it) but wanted to get some glass or fiberglass lenses to shove in there and frost them to create a cool glow. I don't even know where to begin on that one since my experience with that is.. well.. not good. Any thoughts?
Frosting the lenses would be a bad idea... You cannot see through frosted glass. What I did for my lenses was I grabbed some cheap little LED flashlights and sacrificed the clear plastic covering the light. I then used a dremel to trim down the sides until it fit how I liked. Then, Epoxy was applied to help hold the lenses in place.
Hybrid wrote:Frosting the lenses would be a bad idea... You cannot see through frosted glass. What I did for my lenses was I grabbed some cheap little LED flashlights and sacrificed the clear plastic covering the light. I then used a dremel to trim down the sides until it fit how I liked. Then, Epoxy was applied to help hold the lenses in place.
That flashlight lens idea is brilliant. I'm about to start my goggle build as soon as Nick's kit arrives and I've been trying to figure out how to do the lenses. Problem solved. Thanks.
I used lenses out of a pair of glasses. They looked like sunglasses but weren't tinted. I found them for super cheap in the clearance aisle at WalMart. I liked them because of the curvature of the lens. I traced the circle in the middle of each lens and slowly cut and cleaned it up with a dremmel.
Hammer wrote:I used lenses out of a pair of glasses. They looked like sunglasses but weren't tinted. I found them for super cheap in the clearance aisle at WalMart. I liked them because of the curvature of the lens. I traced the circle in the middle of each lens and slowly cut and cleaned it up with a dremmel.
Well that's a damn good idea too.
Just to add an idea, found on eBay sellers that sell replacement watch faces that use glass. You can get them in many diameters and since it's for watches, it's all precision stuff and very clear.

Just search "flat mineral crystal glass". If using plumbing components, you can try wedging them between rubber o-rings.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]