NotSabbat wrote: June 20th, 2019, 9:18 am If you care about accuracy the Matty goggles are the way to go. If you want something that is representative of goggles and focuses on the 'look', but not the accuracy, the Spirit are the way to go. If you REALLY care about accuracy, then a kit is the way to go :D
I approve this message lol
NotSabbat liked this
But the matty goggles are hardly accurate to what was seen in the movies. It's just that most fans tend to accept them as being accurate. I do think the matty goggles look much better than the spirit goggles but the spirit goggles are super lightweight and comfortable, something that cant be said about Mattys. The spirit goggles can be made to look much better. If I get a chance, I will post pics of what I did to a pair to improve the look of them. I made the side wings a bit bigger and more pronounced and painted them RGB. I did it as a quick and fun project, but now my 3 year old daughter owns them and love them. Haha. Let me see about getting the pics posted later for everyone.
Kingpin liked this
Here are some pics of the spirit goggles I modified over the winter and now my daughter is the owner of them. I did them in RGB colors. I added wood to the front face plate to make them look like there is depth to them. I made the side wings a bit bigger and squared off the upper corners a bit. Hope you like it ? It just goes to show that the spirit goggles can look good with some work. They will never be quite accurate but I like them anyways. For the knobs on the side, I used water bottle caps with 1 glued in place and the other I put a block of cardboard in and then glued it onto the existing knob that turns the light on.
DarkSpectre wrote: June 20th, 2019, 10:26 am
NotSabbat wrote: June 20th, 2019, 9:18 am If you care about accuracy the Matty goggles are the way to go. If you want something that is representative of goggles and focuses on the 'look', but not the accuracy, the Spirit are the way to go. If you REALLY care about accuracy, then a kit is the way to go :D
I approve this message lol
Where do you get a kit?
The spirit goggles are extremely comfortable and lightweight. More so than the matty goggles. They have 1 button that will turn a green light on in the longer lense. The spirit goggles aren't close to accurate but they are cheap and comfortable and if you put some time in them and repaint them, they won't look half bad.
My 2 cents. I own both as well. I don't have plans to mod the Matty goggles as I'll probably sell them down the way. The headband is a pain and they're heavy. The spirit are lighter, paint is better IMO and there's way more ability to mod them and not potentially wreck a toy that's now hundreds of dollars. Grab a few pairs at Spirit and then if you want to Mod some, you can much less potential for loss there and I really like wearing them better then the Matty ones, The ghost slimmer function on the Matty's are fun but it's not IMO better for what you need to change/ repaint to get it to fit right.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]