Just so you all know, yes, I'm still hard at work trying to locate and gather up specific pieces and parts.

After about 3 years of searching, I finally found a Gentec Dummy Antenna. It's also neat that it came with the instruction paperwork.

While it is not 100% screen accurate, it is 99% screen accurate, so I'll take it. And if anyone can specifically tell me what the only difference is, you need to get out more. hahaha

mwilkinson liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 4:10 am Any progress on the car? Paint job? What does it look like currently?
Unfortunately not. The car is still black. My wife's dad, he has a friend with a paint shop, so I'm hoping to take it to this person in the springtime. I'm just trying to work on small items as I wait for the weather to get warmer. This is why I hate the winter, and wished I lived somewhere warm year round. lol
Slow news day on my end, but I got around to installing this dash switch. Does it do anything? Nope. Will it do anything? Not at all. But was it in the original car? Yes. So that means it goes into my vehicle. The worst part about this kind of thing is not actually seeing the original car to get correct measurements. It's just all guess work.

Here is what it looks like in the original car:

Here is the one in my car:

I've got another 2 pieces that are currently being worked on, one's that I'm super excited to share. They were supposed to be done beginning of December, but the stupid laser cutting shop keeps giving me excuses as to why the pieces are finished. So after 2 months of waiting I went to another shop. So maybe in the next 2 weeks they will have my stuff done. But until I see anything I'm not holding my breath.
RedSpecial, 910dohead liked this
I've been hard at work piecing together my Radome. I was able to collect all the antenna pieces to give it the true original look. Because the ones on the restored Ecto have completely different ones. I think they turned out pretty well. Just need to weld the tank to the platform and get it painted.

I was also able to purchase one of those lost detail pieces, the 16-Pin Connector that was original on the side of the roof rack. Again, the restored Ecto has omitted this piece.

Kingpin, RedSpecial, Q-man and 1 others liked this
I was really digging this. I really was.

But then I got to the “Wuhan China Virus” part.

Damn.

Now why’d you have to go & say a thing like that? This was an enjoyable read until that point. Granted, no one else seems to have been bothered by it. But I have that condition…what’s it called? Oh right. TDS. “Trump derangement syndrome”. I read “Wuhan China Virus” & I can practically hear the man’s voice saying it. You know how he says the word “China” like “CH-EYE-NAH”. Ugh. That shit triggers me.

Sorry to have to derail this thread with a public service message folks but it’s gotta be done. “Wuhan China Virus” has become a racial dogwhistle by those on the far right. I don’t know how the person here meant it, but please don’t call it that in the future. Please. Just call it by the name we all know and hate. “COVID”. The Asian community has endured a lot of hatred and racism over the last couple years, so let’s not add to it by engaging in that type of behaviour, please.

Ok. I said my piece. Sorry for the disruption.
Dr.D liked this
RichardLess wrote: February 7th, 2022, 7:03 am I was really digging this. I really was.

Damn.

Now why’d you have to go & say a thing like that? This was an enjoyable read until that point. Granted, no one else seems to have been bothered by it. But I have that condition…what’s it called? Oh right. TDS. “Trump derangement syndrome”. I read “Wuhan China Virus” & I can practically hear the man’s voice saying it. You know how he says the word “China” like “CH-EYE-NAH”. Ugh. That shit triggers me.

Sorry to have to derail this thread with a public service message folks but it’s gotta be done. “Wuhan China Virus” has become a racial dogwhistle by those on the far right. I don’t know how the person here meant it, but please don’t call it that in the future. Please. Just call it by the name we all know and hate. “COVID”. The Asian community has endured a lot of hatred and racism over the last couple years, so let’s not add to it by engaging in that type of behaviour, please.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, and the last I checked, so was I. I make no apologies for what I've said. And I'll definitely say more things in this life that people don't agree with.
mwilkinson wrote: February 7th, 2022, 2:04 pm Great effort on the radome.

The question is, will you replicate the rather poor welding on the main dome to base, or will you put a nice bead around the whole thing?

I suspect I know the answer.
I appreciate that, thank you.

Haha, your suspicions are correct. I wish they would have made a bead around the entire thing, instead of those spotty welds. It would have kept the rain and other things from.getting in. But yes, I will be doing the spotty welds. lol
Daniel liked this
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote: February 7th, 2022, 9:47 am
RichardLess wrote: February 7th, 2022, 7:03 am I was really digging this. I really was.

Damn.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, and the last I checked, so was I. I make no apologies for what I've said. And I'll definitely say more things in this life that people don't agree with.
No. Calling it the “Wuhan China Virus” isn’t an opinion. It’s a racist dog whistle and I’d appreciate it you’d edit your post & apologize for it.
What you do in your life? None of my business. But this is a public forum(damn that’s like the 2nd time this week I’ve had to remind someone of that). People from all walks of life visit here. This isn’t about politics(my TDS notwithstanding) or freedom of speech. Just basic decency. There’s the right side of things and the wrong side things. Today you’re on the latter.
RichardLess wrote: February 8th, 2022, 11:02 pm
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote: February 7th, 2022, 9:47 am

No. Calling it the “Wuhan China Virus” isn’t an opinion. It’s a racist dog whistle and I’d appreciate it you’d edit your post & apologize for it.
What you do in your life? None of my business. But this is a public forum(damn that’s like the 2nd time this week I’ve had to remind someone of that). People from all walks of life visit here. This isn’t about politics(my TDS notwithstanding) or freedom of speech. Just basic decency. There’s the right side of things and the wrong side things. Today you’re on the latter.
No sir, again I have my freedom of speech. And people can call me whatever name they want, I truly do not care one bit. I will not edit my post and I will not apologize for one single thing.

This is indeed a public forum, which means that anyone that comes here is free to read this stuff that I post, or you have the option of never looking at this thread again and moving on with life. It's an individual choice, I'm not putting a gun to anyone's head to visit here.

So until they ban me, I'm going to keep doing my thing. Posting my progress, and possibly/most likely saying things people don't agree with.
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 12:32 amNo sir, again I have my freedom of speech.
The first amendment protects you from the government creating a law that prohibits a person's or the press's freedom of speech.

It doesn't protect you from being criticized for saying something vile, nor does it mean you can say whatever you want on this forum. There were a set of conduct rules you agreed to when you joined this forum (which is privately owned by AJ)... Here they are (relevant sections bolded):
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “GBFans.com” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “GBFans.com” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “GBFans.com” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
-LINK

I will be discussing this incident with the other moderators.
Ebobhazard84 liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]