By SabaSka109
Hey guys,

The Ecto's interior design has been planned with the guy who is going to restore and upholster the seats. I cannot wait for you guys to see the photos...I will not give any details on this, it's a surprise. Still, here are some photos from my most recent visit. You will see pictures of the rear jump seats, which are actually from a 1959 Cadillac Superior (the Miller Meteor seats are a bit different).

The jump seats:

Here is a really cool Fleetwood emblem that is on the front bench seat's lower trim. It will be used on the restored trim...

Here is a 'step' that is really a latched door cover for the spare tire compartment. It will be restored, upholstered in the new chosen theme, and used. I am pretty excited to keep it...

So pretty...

back, Matt Campbell, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
An amazing build with superb attention to detail. I admire your attitude and energy for the build.

I'd love to build one of these, but trying to do so from the UK would be a nightmare, even if I could source a half decent base car and import it. I can but dream.....

Keep up the good work and the posts letting us share in the experience.
By denverhearse
SabaSka109 wrote: July 5th, 2016, 7:55 pm Well, the Ecto project funding is a bit dried up at the moment...bummer, but I had no choice...

I will not be posting close-up photographs or measurements for reference for others to replicate these, so please be kind and do not ask me to or hold a grudge because I refuse to. I just had to make sure that a private collector didn't win these because they would vanish if that had been the case and we'd never see or hear of these wonderful things again.
Truly, he is not the hero GBfans deserves, he's the hero GBfans breeds.
deadderek liked this
By One time
The only product I know of that can make 50 year old leather look like new is the brand Swissvax from Switzerland. Provided you do the sequence properly. For what it's worth on those seats.
It has been WAY too long and for that I apologize. Without directly explaining why (and no, my car is not directly involved), the recently-announced Ghostbusters III has delayed my ability to have a roof rack fabricated, and I need that to really get things going on the car both outside (obviously) and inside. That said, I have been up to plenty...

First of all, the front of the hood needed to be smoothed out a bit to allow flawless attachment of the 1959 Cadillac trim pieces. Check it out:

I managed to snag some reproduction Miller Meteor emblems for my inner door panels.

In addition, I have been sourcing some accessories for the interior. Some of them are ID'd in the movie car and others are pieces that I saw and thought looked great. I am not trying to replicate the interior of the car because it is impossible - nobody really knows what was in the car when they filmed the movie (some of the stuff in the car now is likely donated from the Ecto-1a). Up first, we'll take a look at the real ID'd pieces:

RT-695/PRC-41 Military Radio

The item you see sitting next to the jump seat is this old military radio. The outer housing has been removed. I managed to find a functional one and will not be removing the housing. I also managed to find new, never-used handsets that match the one in the movie car.

Here's mine:

R-125/GRC-10 Military Radio

This radio sits a bit further back, behind the other jump seat. I don't have a good photo of it on hand. The outer housing is removed from the one in the movie car as well. Again, mine is functional, and I'm not removing the outer housing.

Now for some random pieces I have found during my searches that I had to have because they looked really cool and should look great on the inside of the car, giving it some ghost-hunting character...

The project continues...here's a little something that I was inspired to make in honor of this insanity:

NotSabbat, Matt Campbell, back and 1 others liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Yes some of this equipment parts are very hard to find ,we will have to build some of thems ,nice find for the others prop's ,

Here a link for you'r new handsets , i also buy this one .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Surplus-H- ... SwovNaMs4k

DrCaron
I figured I'd stop back in to show a few more pictures, as I forgot some...

First of all, here is the radio with the accurate handset:

I also forgot to share photos of another interior item that is in the car, a new old-stock Polynoid Linear Actuator, which sits on the back cabinet of the car's interior divider (the partition the separates the front bench seat from the rest of the interior of the car). Here it is:

When maintaining an Ecto-1 proves to be tiring, one can always take a break to have a little bit of fun too...

Matt Campbell, robandliv, Troy and 1 others liked this
SabaSka109 wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:43 pm I figured I'd stop back in to show a few more pictures, as I forgot some...

First of all, here is the radio with the accurate handset:

´-image-

I also forgot to share photos of another interior item that is in the car, a new old-stock Polynoid Linear Actuator, which sits on the back cabinet of the car's interior divider (the partition the separates the front bench seat from the rest of the interior of the car). Here it is:

Whow - all of this looks just so darn promising; i'm pretty anxious to see how this car will finally turn out. My hopes a high on this to become near, or even better than the actual screen used ectos restoration... ok - maybe i'get a bit overboard, but what i'm trying to express is just: Dude - this is excellent! Keep it on, i'm with ya! :shock:

:nicejobyoudid:
I am glad that people are still waiting for updates! As my buddy Martin said, I'm a physician, so while things slowed down for a lot of people, my job exploded during the pandemic. I've been on the frontline fighting COVID-19 in the ICU and cardiac unit at my hospital and I feel like everything has been a blur the past year. Fortunately, a lot of things are still happening. I have a lot of things on the way and I will definitely post updates as soon as I can photograph everything to post. Stay safe everyone!
RedSpecial, mburkit, KCGhostbuster and 2 others liked this
By SabaSka109
With a heavy heart I am posting to share that Roger, the man who took the skeleton of a 1960 Miller Meteor Landau hearse to the lively 1959 M-M ambulance that you all saw come to life, died today. He collapsed suddenly in his kitchen this morning while getting ready to go see Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'll never get over the fact that he didn't get to see my Ecto-1 completed.

The pandemic has been an awful thing for those of us in the medical profession, but I'm turning my attention to getting this car done in time for my 40th birthday in August. If I can make that happen, it'll be in Roger's honor. I really wish he had gotten to see Ghostbusters Afterlife too, because as I'm sure you all know by now, it is an awesome love letter to the original film.

Stay alive and well, my friends, and please stay tuned for progress on this project - updates should be coming soon.
Prime 1986, mwilkinson, ncc74656m and 5 others liked this
By Prime 1986
SabaSka109 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 8:02 pm With a heavy heart I am posting to share that Roger, the man who took the skeleton of a 1960 Miller Meteor Landau hearse to the lively 1959 M-M ambulance that you all saw come to life, died today. He collapsed suddenly in his kitchen this morning while getting ready to go see Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'll never get over the fact that he didn't get to see my Ecto-1 completed.

The pandemic has been an awful thing for those of us in the medical profession, but I'm turning my attention to getting this car done in time for my 40th birthday in August. If I can make that happen, it'll be in Roger's honor. I really wish he had gotten to see Ghostbusters Afterlife too, because as I'm sure you all know by now, it is an awesome love letter to the original film.

Stay alive and well, my friends, and please stay tuned for progress on this project - updates should be coming soon.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
By ncc74656m
SabaSka109 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 8:02 pm With a heavy heart I am posting to share that Roger, the man who took the skeleton of a 1960 Miller Meteor Landau hearse to the lively 1959 M-M ambulance that you all saw come to life, died today. He collapsed suddenly in his kitchen this morning while getting ready to go see Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'll never get over the fact that he didn't get to see my Ecto-1 completed.

May he rest in peace, and get to tell Harold and Michael all about it. I know when this is finished, he will celebrate it with you, whatever happens in the Afterlife. :love:
By ecto 1 rocks
no clue if OP is around or not, but after reading through this thread i can tell you that the rear conversion would have been a lot easier if his donor car was a coupe instead of a sedan.

This isnt widely known, but '59 sedan fins were "shorter" in length than coupe/vert/pro car fins, due to the shorter body panel. as a result, the angle is different.

To OP's credit, they did reshape the sedan fins to likely identical proportions, but still would have been easier to get a coupe donor.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]