Ben, the possibilities are limitless...

Dr. D, when friends do something that they are super excited about (aside from going to the reboot premier), I congratulate them. It's what real friends do. This isn't just 'buying something' to me, but I can totally understand why you look at it that way, because you're not a friend. It's perfectly OK. This was a very big deal to me...it's why I shared in the first place that I had won them; plenty of people already knew and were happy for me, and I was posting it here...the very small portion of GBFans where I even make my existence known.

Call me an elitist if you wish...I know that people in this community have called me one before or even worse things. Unfortunately, that's probably why most of my best buddies in the community who used to be prominent here have stopped coming. It's sad and I hope that changes. I have often thought about stepping away too as they have, but this thread keeps me coming back because I feel compelled to finish the project documentation.

It's my fault for taking the attention away from the Ecto project, and for that I accept the ramifications. I'm sorry I brought the traps up...I didn't foresee it causing such a backlash. This thread will continue to keep me coming back here but I'm reverting back to posting about the Ecto only. You can formulate any opinions of me that you wish to; I've led to them by causing this controversy.
I have to post that I vote against that idea. I posted it here because I did not want a community-wide discussion. There is no debate either, I revealed that I had been fortunate enough to acquire them and stated immediately what my decision was. It would have been far worse to post them, get pumped with requests, and then refuse. I should have known that certain people would have a problem with it no matter what I did so long as it wasn't sharing reference for others to replicate them. The discussion should be over, however, as I can promise you that nobody on here is going to pressure me into changing my mind. That decision would have to come from within and it is becoming less likely with each post. Let's leave it here and I hope we can put it behind us. Nothing has been accomplished except for people getting annoyed at one another, and for that I apologize. No more posts from me about this matter here nor elsewhere and I hope you can all do the same.

Again, I apologize for the commotion. Ecto onward and upward!
That's why I suggested moving the posts to another thread, because I believe this is an important topic; is there an obligation to return favors for your community? You've touched on a delicate nerve with this and I don't think it's enough to sweep it under the rug and pretend everything is a-ok.

I just don't want to mong up this great thread.
Dr.D liked this
You are touching on a delicate nerve of mine. There is no brushing anything under any rug. I have stated my decision...THAT is where it ends. I am not obligated to do anything I'm not comfortable with in regards to my property. If you have a problem, take it up with me privately and stop posting in my thread. I apologized for bringing it up, but now it's gone on too long.
Ghostbusters (Props) Fans' foundation was built on sharing as much information as possible with as many people as possible. Without that, this site and community would not exist.

That being said. Adam has absolutely 100% no obligation to share anything with anyone, and I will support his decision in doing so.

There needs to be no further discussion on this.
Sav C, zeta otaku, TK5759 and 1 others liked this
Has it been THAT long? Yes, yes it has. I apologize. A lot of things are going on involving the car and all other things in life. Most of the car-related things are little technical things that may seem boring, but they're all giant steps towards the car being completed. I will highlight all of this the best I can, outlining the work that has gone on for the past few months.

First up, the vent windows and window tracks needed to be restored. You can see that the vent window rubbers were rotted and obviously unacceptable. Getting them out was likely a pain in the you-know-what, but they are long gone and now the vent windows are all set.

New rubber has been installed, new vent window cranks are installed, and all of the moldings for the vent windows, side windows, and windshield have all been smoothed out and polished:

The actual side window tracks are all looking sweet too:

One of the taillight brackets was damaged. The other wasn't salvageable. The team repaired the damaged one with a sweet welding job and then they fabricated a bracket for the other side. You guys will never see these parts again most likely, so I apologize if this is boring...

Now, many of you should recall that the movie car needed a bunch of stuff, including 'a little wiring' according to Ray. I can assure you that there is A LOT of wiring involved. Let there be lights!

Turn Signals:

Backup Lights:

And just because I love the look of it, another shot of the lights in the front:

There was a bit of challenge with the windshield installation. It is seemingly impossible to find a single rubber to properly install it. The window guy has figured out a way to use two separate window rubbers to install the windshield appropriately. Rubbers!

Speaking of new linings, the glove box will have a new one! I can put all kind of money bribe gags in the glove box now for when the cops pull me over for running the lights and siren...

Finally, the current challenge we are facing is an issue with the dash shift indicator.

When we changed the transmission we never realized this was going to be an issue. The original transmission had a shift pattern of P N D2 L R . The new transmission shift pattern is P R N D 2 1. Basically, when I shift the new transmission, the dash indicator will not indicate the proper current shift after 'park'...this is being addressed as we speak. I will update you all on how we fix this issue.
Ecto-1 fan, jackdoud, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
Happy near year everyone! Sorry...I know that's a bit late. Anyway, an update!

First, the windshield has finally been officially installed. It took a long time to figure out the rubber gasket needed, though apparently there are people that know how to easily find them for these cars, including a friend of mine. I, however, hate being annoying and bugging them for this info - sadly, a lot of people get a bit snippy when you ask for help. Next time I won't hesitate. Alas, check it out!

(I know some of these photos are a little blurry...I apologize, the cameraman isn't tech savvy, but he's incredible when it comes to bodywork)

The car before:

The car after:

That chrome is nice and shiny...you're seeing a reflection in it, not rust.

And now, some AWESOME photos I just got this morning that I just can't get enough of...I hope you enjoy them!

My baby went for a little trip two days ago to get a new exhaust system!

She was exhausted after her trip...get it?

Again, please forgive me for the rain and slightly blurry photos, still, the pictures have me really, really excited. A good buddy has asked about having the car undercoated. I do intend to pursue that once she is here in Pennsylvania. The wheel wells and inner quarter panels are already coated, but we'll do the entire underside of the car if my shop here can do it (I'm 99.99% certain they can).

Until next time, be well everyone!
Ecto-1 fan, Matt Campbell, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Hey everyone,

Well, after over 6 years of anxiously awaiting this moment, the car is on its way to Pennsylvania!

Initially the plan was to back the car into the trailer, but this wasn't possible as the hoist wasn't long enough. Fortunately, pulling it in was possible...

It was a tight fit, but she made it in OK!

And now I get to freak out and wait until she arrives at the shop finishing her off...please say prayers for me.

Ecto-1 fan, Matt Campbell, ccv66 and 4 others liked this
Nice that you are finally getting it to its new home. Please keep up the updates. I think that I have been following this thread for 4-5 years now. I am excited to see the final product.
Have you considered coming up with a way for the long time followers of this thread to see the car in person? One idea is putting it in some big car show and posting the details here.
Keep up the great work.
SabaSka109 liked this
A fun Saturday update...the best kind. As you all know, two weeks ago my Ecto was picked up out in California. It was supposed to arrive last Saturday but the driver called me that Thursday night and said it would be coming early...Friday morning. I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get someone to cover me at work, but a very kind individual agreed to do so and I was there when my baby arrived!

The truck was so big that it could not make the turn off of the main road to get into the shop's parking area. This turned out to be the BEST THING EVER because I got to drive the car on the main road and down the street. It wasn't much, but I originally thought I would only get to back it into the shop off of the trailer, so it was nice to get behind the wheel.

I had to climb into the trailer through a narrow opening and then into the driver seat of the car. It's a good thing I was there, because I was the only one there who was small enough to accomplish this. The driver of the trailer was excellent, he directed me in backing the car out of the trailer. It was impossible to see out of the car, so I relied exclusively on him. The trailer was a tight fit and we were actually on a little bit of an angle because the road wasn't level, so his skills were legit in directing me. I was able to back the car out very, very carefully.

The most terrifying moment was backing the car completely onto the hoist. As you can see, the car's rear wheels just barely fit on the back end of the hoist. I was so ridiculously careful backing her out...

Then the moment of pure bliss...

I parked her in the lot for some additional photos:

BADASS:

And then it was time to pull her into the shop and let her recover from her trip...

SHE ARRIVED IN PERFECT CONDITION. Not a scratch or dent on her. She still needs some work, of course, but the gentleman that is finishing the car has such a great eye for so many little things I never would have even noticed. We have A LOT of work ahead, but I don't doubt for a second that we will get every single thing done and done beautifully. A BIG THANK YOU to Reliable Carriers, Inc. They did a fantastic job shipping the car and getting it here safely. I didn't mind waiting an extra 3 weeks for it to get here...once they picked it up it came within 6 days and I would absolutely use them again to ship any other project cars in the future. Perhaps an Ecto-1a will eventually be in order.
kahuna900 liked this
Hey guys,

I just figured that I would drop by and leave you all with some more recent pictures of the car. The car is being deconstructed to perfect various things as we speak and it won't be re-assembled for many months (we are going to get this thing perfect...it's close, but it is good to have a new set of eyes going over it all to fine tune it). At least I got some shots of it before the deconstruction began...

Until next time...
jackdoud, zeta otaku, Daniel and 1 others liked this
Looking good!

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]