I know this isn't as much as a problem for the big and tall among us, but I'm around a size 32 waist, so the waist straps that clip in front (that are attached to the kidney pack) have a ton of slack after they're adjusted for my torso circumference. The slack is actually longer than the straps in the front, so it's a bit of an eye sore (or I'm just super picky).

Any suggestions on how to control for this? I almost wondered if the straps were run through backward on the points of attachment, but I'm not 100% on that. I know it's nylon and that can often be trimmed (and melted/sealed), but I'd hate to venture blindly into that.
I've run into some frames with "State US" stamped into the crossbar. Is that an indicator of original LC-1 frames? I've seen others stamped with other various lettering as well. Is there any particular thing I should be looking for to identify an original military issue frame. Thanks! One day I will get all of this down.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Can anyone tell me if this ALICE frame (linked below) from amazon would be ok to use on a pack? Just ordered the haslab pack and would like to get the ALICE frame soon before they jump in price yet again, and/or are no longer available for a while. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KD3GTE/?c ... _lig_dp_it
robvadercosplay wrote: December 13th, 2021, 8:36 pm Can anyone tell me if this ALICE frame (linked below) from amazon would be ok to use on a pack?
It depends on how the HasLab Pack is being designed to accomodate an A.L.I.C.E-style frame. If it'll allow you to mount it without drilling through it, then you'd probably be alright... If you have to drill through it however...

The HasLab Pack might not present the same issue because it's lighter, but more than a few fans have found with the after-market A.L.I.C.E. frame replicas that they snap easily once they've been drilled through as they're just not built to the same standard as the LC-1/LC-2 frames.
ok, thanks. What I mostly want to know is... is the ALICE frame that I linked in my post close to the same, design-wise, as the ones used in GB1?

Kingpin wrote: December 14th, 2021, 2:42 am
robvadercosplay wrote: December 13th, 2021, 8:36 pm Can anyone tell me if this ALICE frame (linked below) from amazon would be ok to use on a pack?
It depends on how the HasLab Pack is being designed to accomodate an A.L.I.C.E-style frame. If it'll allow you to mount it without drilling through it, then you'd probably be alright... If you have to drill through it however...

The HasLab Pack might not present the same issue because it's lighter, but more than a few fans have found with the after-market A.L.I.C.E. frame replicas that they snap easily once they've been drilled through as they're just not built to the same standard as the LC-1/LC-2 frames.
Are there any ALICE frames that are like 20 bucks or so? I want one for a lightly modded Spirit Halloween pack and since that thing is so light a cheaper frame shouldn't be an issue. I'll buy a better quality one for my Haslab pack when the time comes.
VenomSymbiote wrote: January 16th, 2022, 6:21 am
Mathew_impact1 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:28 am Yes, just hop in the DMC time machine to 1989. That's when I bought my lc-1 with straps for $20 plus tax.
Haha I wish, but ok. Was just curious if there were really cheap options but I suppose not. Thanks.
You might be lucky and find one that cheap at an army surplus store, I've certainly seen folk get that for that much before.
VenomSymbiote liked this
tobycj wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:39 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: January 16th, 2022, 6:21 am

Haha I wish, but ok. Was just curious if there were really cheap options but I suppose not. Thanks.
You might be lucky and find one that cheap at an army surplus store, I've certainly seen folk get that for that much before.
I'll look around. Really I just tossed out a number. If their normal price is just around the 50~ range then it is what it is. Figured I'd ask to make sure since the links in the original post are dead.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

robvadercosplay wrote: December 13th, 2021, 8:36 pm Can anyone tell me if this ALICE frame (linked below) from amazon would be ok to use on a pack? Just ordered the haslab pack and would like to get the ALICE frame soon before they jump in price yet again, and/or are no longer available for a while. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KD3GTE/?c ... _lig_dp_it
Worth bearing in mind that this is literally the one used in Afterlife - same frame, same straps

I got my Rothco yesterday. I wonder if there's a way to wether the straps so that they're lighter green and more... 'fluffy' looking like in the film. Sandpaper and a boil wash?
I got my Rothco yesterday. I wonder if there's a way to wether the straps so that they're lighter green and more... 'fluffy' looking like in the film. Sandpaper and a boil wash?
Punished Props on You Tube has a video on distressing and weathering straps featuring Ben Eadie.

Last edited by Kingpin on January 28th, 2022, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
UEF, Kingpin liked this
Mac1701 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 9:55 am
Punished Props on You Tube has a video on distressing and weathering straps featuring Ben Eadie.

Ah thank you! Just seen this
Hi Alice frame experts, I'm looking at a very clean LC2 frame and wondering which brand it is because I heard most replicas break easily. The straps say "Happy Penguin" and the frame is stamped "PTS US". I want to be sure it's strong enough for a Mack's Factory pack before I purchase it. Cheers !
Ecto-Roboto wrote: May 1st, 2022, 9:36 pm Hi Alice frame experts, I'm looking at a very clean LC2 frame and wondering which brand it is because I heard most replicas break easily. The straps say "Happy Penguin" and the frame is stamped "PTS US". I want to be sure it's strong enough for a Mack's Factory pack before I purchase it. Cheers !
Pics as Kingpin has suggested would definitely help but going off of your description alone, those are generally marks of quality and an indication that the frame is genuine military issue.

The ones which are dubious are aftermarket frames such as Rotcho and Fox which dont bear any of those markings.
Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 4:45 am Would you be able to post some photos of the frame and straps?
Pictures by the seller. I've been on the lookout for a frame since Mack announced their pack! Not common in my country, very expensive and either battered or flimsy replicas.
RedSpecial wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 2:40 pm those are generally marks of quality and an indication that the frame is genuine military issue.
This one caught my attention for those reasons, but I don't know much more. It is very clean compared to what I usually see and looks sturdier.
Thanks for the help!
RedSpecial, Kingpin liked this
I'm curious. Do they not make genuine ALICE frames anymore or is there just a ton of knockoffs now? Seems like there's a lot of concern when buying one. Hopefully I can find a decent one whenever the Haslab pack is released because I'd rather not go with a rotcho one even if those were what was used in Afterlife. I didn't mind using them for my spirit halloween packs but I'd rather go with something sturdier for a much more expensive product.
VenomSymbiote wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 12:40 am I'm curious. Do they not make genuine ALICE frames anymore or is there just a ton of knockoffs now? Seems like there's a lot of concern when buying one. Hopefully I can find a decent one whenever the Haslab pack is released because I'd rather not go with a rotcho one even if those were what was used in Afterlife. I didn't mind using them for my spirit halloween packs but I'd rather go with something sturdier for a much more expensive product.
Production has stopped although they can be found at surplus vendors with LC-1 frames being a rarity over the more commonly found LC-2.
Very recently though both GBfans and Nic Farnsworth have started to produce very high end LC-1 replicas which are of equal quality to the originals
VenomSymbiote liked this
RedSpecial wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 7:00 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 12:40 am I'm curious. Do they not make genuine ALICE frames anymore or is there just a ton of knockoffs now? Seems like there's a lot of concern when buying one. Hopefully I can find a decent one whenever the Haslab pack is released because I'd rather not go with a rotcho one even if those were what was used in Afterlife. I didn't mind using them for my spirit halloween packs but I'd rather go with something sturdier for a much more expensive product.
Production has stopped although they can be found at surplus vendors with LC-1 frames being a rarity over the more commonly found LC-2.
Very recently though both GBfans and Nic Farnsworth have started to produce very high end LC-1 replicas which are of equal quality to the originals
I never noticed they were making replica frames here. I'll have to pick one up whenever the Haslab pack releases! Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure they're great considering they're made by fans, but has anyone picked one up who can give their thoughts on how good it is? Though from what Adam Savage's video on the pack said it should be about 15 pounds so I doubt it'd be of any concern.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]