Are they in the main Sony Plaza between Washington Blvd. and Culver Blvd.? Can you just go in and look or do you need a tour ticket? I live about 30mins away from there and would loved to go check them out. Thanks
I'm gonna have to check out this place out to see the real screen used proton packs since I dont live that far. Did anyone trip on you guys taking pictures? I just got a new camera and I'm sure I'm gonna go a little nuts like y'all did :cool:
It's not actually a filler, those parts were cast right into the shell on the GB2 hero packs. It may have just been clay that they used on the buck to make the seams but it's all solid on the final shells. The inside of those parts was filled with expanding foam for added strength. Basically, the n-filter, booster tube, ion arm & possibly the HGA were all cast as part of the shell for GB2.

The throwers were also done in a similar fashion. They cast the knobs, instrument bar, trigger box & handles/grips right onto the gun body.
Canthor wrote:Thank you sir! nice pics!! :D great new material to look at while building my pack. Funny how the one pack has the red tubing go behind the bumper... hmmmm....
Filandrius wrote:Sloppy maintenance. The screen-used packs have the tubing outside the bumper.
There's very specific reason why the red/blue tubes are on the inside of the bumper...
Guys!

i'm making a fully visual and comprehensive guide of all the parts, their names and where they are placed on the pack, torwer and suit. It is meant as my own guide for my first build up but I plan on donating that list to this community for a foolproof visual reference guide for newcomers that want to start their builds.

can I please use these pics for that guide? they are awesome!
yeah but with 50 times more info on every tiny little piece, it's name(s) and placement around the pack and thrower.

dude believe me, I've been making my own research and I HAD to ask for help identifying some names and parts. I would like my work to be of help to new people and these pics would be great to do so.
Stevearcade liked this
Ricky wrote:yeah but with 50 times more info on every tiny little piece, it's name(s) and placement around the pack and thrower.

dude believe me, I've been making my own research and I HAD to ask for help identifying some names and parts. I would like my work to be of help to new people and these pics would be great to do so.
It would probably be easier to expand more on the above picture
Vincenzo330 wrote:All of the tubing was made by Clippard on the GB1 Hero packs. I don't know if there was any change for GB2, I don't really notice a difference.
This is actually incorrect.

The 5/32"/4mm tubing, was actually Nycoil. This can clearly be seen in AJ's PH Minnesota pictures.
The 1/8" tubing, was, as you say, made by Clippard, however. It's hard to make out in the old reference pics, but, here's a logo comparison I did for a thread years ago on Proptopia.
This is the original picture:
http://www.gbfans.com/images/equipment/ ... /29/59.jpg
It should be noted, if I'm not mistaken, that the pack you've referenced was refitted for Ghostbusters II, the ribbon cable and the ion arm not having the elbow on it are the giveaways, so it's likely the tubing was replaced.
It should also be noted that the hero pack in the reference pics at the start of the tread are also from refitted packs. They're the only ones we have to go on, so, since it's a GB1 hero, that's going to have to be good enough, unfortunately. No Blu-ray is ever going to give enough quality to nail that particular detail down.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]