I started off taking pics of the process, but started getting slack, here are the photos I did manage to take. As you can see in one of the photos, there were actually two packs being made at the same time. My cousin has the other, and unfortunatley, has not finished it.

By Cliff
I rarely post here on the forum (I've been more of a lurker, silently appreciating folks' builds over the years), but this thread compelled me.

Dragonfire, the bumper idea is insane (in the good way, of course). I can honestly say I've never put two and two together like that. It's one of those brilliant ideas that's so simplistic, you don't see it until it smacks you in the face.

A few months ago, the bumper I put on my foamcore Frankenpack (thread coming soon) got crushed while I was volunteering at Phantom of the Attic's Free Comic Book Day. I pulled the rest of it free from the pack, and set it aside while I pondered how to make the next one.

When I saw what you made the bumper from, I was stunned. I had an empty cat litter bucket being used as a trash can in my room. Thank you for the inspiration and brilliance to post it here! I can't believe how amazingly simple it is and how awesome it looks!

-- Cliff
A Pringles can was used, lol. That's what I used as the booster tube.

Cliff, I'm glad I could help you out with the bumper idea. I was at a loss as what to use for a bumper, really didn't have the extra cash to buy one that is available from some of the great members here. So I was walking around thinking of possibilities, and pretty much as you described, it smacked me dead in the face. I also ended up making my booster frame from some of the plastic left over from that same cat litter bucket.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, you are all beyond awesome.
No, as matter of fact, most items used on the pack were saved from the trash. When I started building the pack, I was working for a sporting goods distribution warehouse. All the cardboard used for the build was empty ammunition boxes, arrow tip boxes, and the thick cardboard they put on the pallets underneath the ammunition while it was being shipped. The only thing I think that was actually purchased from a supermarket was the pie pan on the front. The cat litter bucket was given to me by a relative after I discovered the molded plastic resembled the bumper. The Pringles can that I used for the booster was given to me by a co-worker. Everything else was stuff I found around the house pretty much. It was a fun build on a very small budget, lol. All in all, I think I actually only paid about $45 bucks for the entire build, the most expensive thing being the plywood I bought for the motherboard.
Human_3D liked this
    Reboot Proton Pack build 2016

Hi Y'all! :) I am resurrecting this thread because[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]