So I was searching for an easy belt mount idea since I am not a fan of the s-hook mounts.

First I found bishopdonmiguel's belt mount idea on his pack built thread.

This got me thinking....

Samurai Sword Mount - Super Cheap!
I really liked bishopdonmiguel's idea but wanted something that was more ergonomical when the gun was mounted and I was walking around. So I tweaked his idea and bolted the mount at an angle so that the proton wand would be on my left hip and positioned like a sword. I carved out some sintra I had laying around, glued it together, found 3 screws, 3 nuts, and 6 washers. I drilled pilot holes, used a dremel to bore out a space for the washers, srewed everything in nice and tight, and voilà!
I like that it's at an angle because it doesnt get get caught up on your leg when you walk, squat, pose, etc. I guess that's why swords were mounted at an angle too lol. After I took the pictures I used a dremel to cut the excess threads off so that the mount would be flush. I also put a drop of superglue on the threads so that the nuts would not come loose over time.

Picture Frame Mount - Super Easy 1 minute install time.
While I was rummaging through my garage for the parts to make the Samurai Sword Mount I came across an unused picture frame. I took the little plastic baggie off the backside and took out the mounting kit that came with it. I then saw an unused belt clip on my GB belt. You can see where this is going...
I found one of the "real" screws on the Matty and then just screwed the picture frame mount onto the wand. It also works like a charm. The belt clip also allows for quick disconnet.
This one is OK. I just don't like how the wand swings around when you walk. The Matty feels fragile so it may break in time. I imagine I will use it as I fill up space on my belt with Gizmo's, MT-500's, traps, gloves, PKE meters, etc.
bishopdonmiguel liked this
The "sword" mount reminds me of something Franchesky has on his Sale thread...
momeraths24 wrote:The Neutrona Wand Leather Holster (New)

The Neutrona Wand Holster was designed to host the Neutrona Wand on the web belt (kind of like a sword) instead of using the key Fobs as most of us have done for years. It will fit nicely on your belt while securely hosting your Neutrona Wand without taking too much room.

The Neutrona Wand Holster features:

• The holster is made from 2 leather sections.
• Serial number engraving
• Dark gray snaps and rivets
• Trap V-Hook w/ a spacer (can be painted black)

Note: When ordering this item, please state if you like the placement of the trap v-hook as a GB1 style. The standard placement of the trap v-hook will be for a GB2.

Cost for the Neutrona Wand Leather Holster is $60.00 + a flat fee of $8.00 for shipping within the US.
International shipping is a flat fee of $15.00.

thelegendofvix liked this
Mounting at an angle never occurred to me; it's brilliant! Nice job with this new & improved version!

I will say the blue rubber band was there to hold the Matty thrower on tight. I was in constant fear of it dropping off and having nothing but an expensive pile of plastic parts. I had planned to incorporate a spring-clip retention mechanism but ran out of time.
pyhasanon wrote:Magnets!!!
Damn, why didn't I think of that! :)
Peterson wrote:...I'd be a little nervous getting powerful magnets too near electronics (especially ones that aren't the most robust in the world to begin with, apparently). Maybe just being overly paranoid, though.
Yeah magnets scare me too. I opt for simplicity so I may use the rubberband idea too.
Do not fear the magnetic field! It protects us from the solar wind and allows life to exist on the rock called Earth!

... I'm not sure but I think Phil was just giving me a tough time due to my utilization of magnets in my leg hose and pack. I'm always looking for ways to use these little gems because it's the nearest thing to magic this universe provides. Of course, I agree they would not be suited for this purpose, mostly due to their weakness in offsetting inertial force.
bishopdonmiguel wrote:I'm not sure but I think Phil was just giving me a tough time due to my utilization of magnets in my leg hose and pack.
I was... hehehe... =P
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Do not fear the magnetic field! It protects us from the solar wind and allows life to exist on the rock called Earth!

... I'm not sure but I think Phil was just giving me a tough time due to my utilization of magnets in my leg hose and pack. I'm always looking for ways to use these little gems because it's the nearest thing to magic this universe provides. Of course, I agree they would not be suited for this purpose, mostly due to their weakness in offsetting inertial force.
I love magnets. Everytime I use them I'm like
bishopdonmiguel liked this
With all the assorted magnet goodness around, I was waiting for a pic like that! Also ties in with one of my favorite Mike moments:

- Old Joe: (naming items to remove from pockets) "Credit cards. You’ll want that plastic working, come Miller Time." :cool:
Mike: "You know, I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes to this thing, and not a single one of them involves Miller Time." :sigh:
JayKing wrote:love the holster! i'm not sure if we're supposed to be able to mount the wands on to the packs ourselves... but I'm certainly not coordinated enough to. once the gun is off the pack, it stays off, lol.
Yeah man. Fo sho.

I think I will rename the belt mount the "Con Mount." Every time I go to a convention I always keep the pack on and someone wants a picture so I end up taking the gun off. Now I just take it on/off the belt mount and it's a win win for everyone.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Both would be out of scale (Mattel too small, DST […]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]