In case anyone else is wondering: I got a reply to my question about fitting in the screw for the filler plug by Benarie Smith on the facebook group Benofkent Props: "I use the dremel tool to make a little recess about 2-3mm and then when the post is fixed in place I sand the head off the bolt screw." This thread here is an awesome help, thanks!
For those who would like to see some videos with close-ups of my pack, feel free to check out the following reports and interviews that appeared in the local news media over the past couple of months:
Thanks!
canpara wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:24 pm More work done today. This time on the cyclotron shelf.

Cyclotron Shelf

I started by designing a template. I guess that's how I roll.

It was easy to trace out the four holes for the cyclotron lights by placing a flashlight inside the shell and have the light directed upwards underneath the paper (I placed a screwdriver through the centre bumper hole to keep everything properly in place):

Here you can see how I intended to create three flaps to the shelf (top, left and right), while leaving the speaker exposed at the bottom:

In the picture below, you can see how the shelf will be mounted with the four bolts that are already holding my 6.5" speaker.

Here are some picture of the finished shelf made of sintra. All flaps were heated and folded into shape, not glued.

Looking up from the bottom, where the speaker is exposed along with unsecured LED lights (I will use them as a vent light in the N-Filter):

From the side, showcasing one of the three bolted flaps (top, left and right) that follow the curve of the speaker:

The picture below is the top flap, which I have used to mount 1) the vent relay board and 2) the Cyclotron TVG Lights board. It too is secured with a bolt.

You may have noticed that I have placed a different set of reflectors than the ones I had painted earlier in my pack build. These new ones are more compact and fit much better when considering the speaker underneath. They are probably the same kind that most pack builders are using on this forum. I will paint them red (as I had done on the old set) in due time.

The four reflectors lined up nicely with their corresponding holes in the shell. There was still a comfortable amount of space between the reflectors and the shell, though they both looked very flush from the outside. There was lots of room between the shell and the mounted vent relay board and Cyclotron TVG board, so no worries there.

It's always a good feeling when everything goes according to plan!

Where did you get those cyclotron reflectors and clear cyclotron lens' from?
Hi There. May I ask how you made the reflectors red? Many thanks
canpara wrote: August 19th, 2017, 11:33 amAttaching the Cyclotron LED lights to the reflectors

Turns out ethose LED holders on Amazon are much too big for my reflectors. Thankfully, I found another simple solution.

After ordering a grey crank knob replica and standard loom clamp from Bishopdonmiguel, he suggested that I cut some discs out of sintra with a larger diameter than the lens opening, cut a hole in the middle for a wall anchor (bigger than the LED), then epoxy the holder to the inside of the reflector. Once cured, pass the LED through the hole, slip it into the anchor, then set the anchor in the hole.

This was an excellent idea, but I didn't have a hole saw small enough to cut the discs. Instead, my dad offered me some faucet spacers that he had lying around.

Turns out, they were the perfect size and the diameter of the hole is large enough to pass the wires, but smaller than the LED. I cut a slit to pass the wire through.

My plan is to crazy glue the spacer to the bottom of the reflector so that it looks like so (I haven't glued them yet):

Mounting the N-Filter vent light

I had to think of a solution to mount my LED light to the motherboard and elevate it into the N-Filter cylinder attached to the shell.

I decided to use sintra once again and have it secured by the bottom screw that is holding the 6.5" speaker. Like usual, I started by designing a template with the centre of the speaker as the point of reference.

Here is the template cut and mounted to the speaker:

I also needed to build some sort of holder for the LED. I knew that Fincher's e-cig LEDs are mounted in a PVC cylinder, so I went to Home Depot and found a white 3/4" piece of PVC coupling. I also found a red hose that held the LED light very snug, but also fit well in the PVC coupling, like so:

I cut a piece of the hose to the desired length, then I used hot glue to secure it into the PVC coupling. Essentially, I let placed the glue on the hose, then pushed the hose upwards until the bottom of the hose was flush with the bottom of the coupling. That way, the hose held very tight with no mess.

If you recall, in order to mount my LED into the hollow N-Filter cylinder, I had originally cut a hole in my shell that was the same diameter as one of my reflectors (plans change, I guess). Using a stick of wood that was slightly smaller in diameter (but very close) to the the opening inside the shell, I found the location on the sintra shelf where I should place the PVC holder. I also drilled a hole to pass through the electrical wires. Here is the shelf mounted on the speaker with 1) the shape of the PVC coupling drawn in the appropriate place and 2) the hole for the wires:

Then I used super glue to attach the PVC to the sintra shelf:

Finally, this is what it looks like once completed and mounted:

So far, the shelf is proving to be very solid, even if it is only anchored by a single bolt.

I will pay for your templates that show where to drill every hole, make any cuts, and offer some guidance on where parts go! That would be helpful as this is my first time building something and the shell I received only had the cyclotron holes cut. My email address is.....wait send me a DM and l will send you my email address please and thank you!
Allghostsmatter wrote: October 10th, 2022, 11:37 am I will pay for your templates that show where to drill every hole, make any cuts, and offer some guidance on where parts go! That would be helpful as this is my first time building something and the shell I received only had the cyclotron holes cut. My email address is.....wait send me a DM and l will send you my email address please and thank you!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3644574 ... 611190869/

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]