By Vakom
Hello, I'm new to the site and forum. I've always been interested in making my own proton pack and just recently got to play Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered for the first time. I instantly fell in love with the packs design and now strive to make one. While it's still some time off for when I actually get around to making said pack, I've got a question for those here who've already made a game pack. Is the base pack any different than a movie Proton Pack? Is it the same pack, just with extra parts and features, or is it a "from the ground up" different pack? Thanks for any help in advance.
By Kingpin
Generally speaking the base of the video game Proton Pack is pretty close to how it looked in the film, however the biggest divergences are:

• The addition of a finned cluster with lights underneath the Gun Mount on the right-hand side.
•The end cap of the HGA (large tube mounted above the Gun Mount) has been installed with a round segmented display.~
•The Gun Mount has been fitted with a series of indicator lights.
• A similar set of lights as above on the Power Cell on the left-hand side (a nod to the Proton Pack prop most frequently worn by Dan Aykroyd)
• A modified crank knob on the Gear Box (finned box at the top middle of the Proton Pack).
• Slightly thinner rings around the four red Cyclotron lights.

There's more I'm sure I've forgotten, but that's the majority of the most obvious differences. Most of the changes can be applied by customising an existing shell.

ImageImage
Vakom liked this

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]