#4941026
I happened to run out of paint for the rear handle on the thrower, so I went and bought some more. But, somebody must have switched caps, because it was not at all the dusty, matte that I had been using. So, instead of wasting money on another can, or wasting time repainting the whole thing, I improvised and did a quick correction on the front handle so that it matches the rear.

Image

I think it looks all right. Like it is composed of different materials.
kahuna900, EnderWeggen liked this
#4941205
Well, the home stretch has become the finish line.

To finish the thrower, I needed to add the brass arm between the ignition box and body. That was a total pain. I somehow found a piece of brass-ish rod that was the perfect diameter. I don’t know what it originally came from (maybe an axel inside a printer for the rollers, or a slide track for an old DVD player), but I had been using it as a stir-stick for various adhesive compounds. Using wire cutters, I snipped the gunky ends off and fit it into place. It is slightly fatter than the piece of wire clothes hanger I was going to use, so that worked out. I also fixed the bottom switch decal.

Image

ThrowingChicken’s wand kit came with resin banjos, but not screws. I went to Lowes and found some super-cheap nylon furniture screws that fit the thread on the GBFans aluminum trigger tip, which actually solved two problems. So, I snipped/sanded the heads into more of a hex shape and painted them with a gun-metal color. I drilled out the banjos using a threaded bit so that they could actually sink into the resin and the trigger tip and hold in place.

Image

Another tricky situation was how to get the clear wand tip to stay in place inside the gun. I’m not using a pop mechanism, and there are not lights, so I glued the acrylic tube to a length of wooden dowel that was long enough to reach the front handle mounting hole located under the Clippard. Again, using a threaded drill bit, I made a hole and fit the screw in tight. Perfect. That allowed me to affix the trigger tip, the banjos, and the red tube that connects them.

Image

Then, I secured the gun mount to the shell and the hook to the bottom of the thrower plate. I went with the GB1 style.

Image

Then it was time for a test fit to make sure all the screws on the gun mount were flush and that the thrower could move freely on the track.

Image

I finished up the wand with the cliplites ordered from GBFans and painted the top vents, again, for some color.

Image

Time to finish this up.

Mounted the motherboard to the ALICE frame, then mounted the shell. After that, it was only a matter of slipping the thrower on.

Since I’m not using electronics right now, I opted for the faster alternative and used the same method I did for the ¾-inch loom from the crank generator to the vacuum line by having a small section of dowel that the hose can slip over and hold tight. I still need to trim about 6-9 inches of loom; I think it’s too long. Anyway…

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…

GLADYS!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Full disclosure: I haven’t put it on yet. When I finished, I was just in sweats and it didn’t feel right, you know?

Thanks for all who made this possible: A J Quick and the GBFans shop for having exactly what I needed when I needed it (especially this close to Halloween); BenofKent for the excellent bumper (which I managed to screw up and then fix) and the bellows; Karnivorous Kreations for the booster plug, Clippard, and crank knob; my friend Rhett for the resin Legris elbows; GBHQPartsDepot for the resistors; Mack’s Factory for the decals; heavyprops for the acrylic gun tube, bizarrojerry (ebay) for the correct ALICE frame; and alleghenyoutlet (ebay) for the correct pack straps.

And thanks to YOU for coming along. It doesn’t matter if you are reading this days/months/years after I posted. I read plenty of build threads from 5, 10, even 12 years ago. And, as I said the beginning, I’ve been haunting these boards for 15 years.
JWils23, RedSpecial, cristovalc and 2 others liked this
#4941985
Darth_Egon wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:21 pm Did the throwing chicken wand come with all the screws need for assembly? Also amazing build!!!
Thank you!

The wand did come with screws, but I found that some were incorrect. For example, the kit was supposed to come with a small sheet metal screw to attach the rear handle to the resin body from the inside. But I received one that was 3/4-inch, which would have come out the top of the wand, so I had to buy some of those. Also, the cap head screws I received were stainless, requiring painting to be correct. Luckily I had a few of the 10/32 left from the pack for the handle. But all in all, it was a really good product and I do plan on upgrading to all aluminum in the times to come.
EnderWeggen liked this

Even after Jason's post there's still people whini[…]

Font accuracy test!

I'm not overly fond of the Q. Is that from an 'o[…]

Boy we're reaching the bottom of the barrel for th[…]

I used a dremel with a cut off wheel on low speed […]