By Fienen
I just picked up the Spengler neutrona wand the other day, and it's lit a fire under me to start looking into starting my first pack build soon, and I'm debating whether I would rather build a pack "from scratch" using the fiberglass shell starting point, or if my time would be better spent just grabbing the cheaper Spirit pack and modding it up to make it better. I don't have a way to see either ahead of time, and there's no fan group around here where I can see some others have done first hand. I could just use some friendly feedback to help me decide the path I'll take.

My questions are as follows:
a) What would you choose?
b) How different is the Spirit pack from a size/accuracy standpoint (in terms of things that can't be modded to be more correct)?
c) Are there any parts or resources that have become particularly scarce or hard to find that might factor in to one over the other?
A) Having had some experience building a Pack, and the fact I have a fibreglass shell waiting to become my next Pack, I'd go with a fibreglass shell.

While the Spirit Pack works well for beginners, the appealing aspects of a fibreglass shell are that it's stronger (there's been a few reports over the years of elements of the Spirit Pack being damaged whilst in-transit, or when it's been worn out to parties), it's also full-scale (Spirit Packs are around 85% compared to a 1:1 Proton Pack shell).

b) As noted above, the Spirit Pack is smaller than a full-scale Proton Pack, it's also substantially thinner. A lot of changes have also been made to make the Spirit Pack easier to mold as a single piece.

c) Genuine Legris Elbows have almost become as rare as hen's teeth (in part due to their plastic splitting), you may come across a genuine first generation set, but be prepared to pay an extortionate amount for it. Genuine Clippard Valves are possibly starting to get on the rarer side.
The same thing happened to me. I snagged the Spengler wand, and then grabbed a Spirit pack shortly after. I have customized my spirit pack to be as close to the full size one as I can, but with the exception of a smoke kit, I dont think I am going to sink much more $$$$ in to it. I figure I have probably put at least $300 +/- in to it, and I love it. There are some amazing things you can do to it with a 3D printer . I have seen people that have made bumper kits for it, so you can actually have a real bumper instead of the one molded on. There are also people that make bigger wands for it, that arent full size, but just right for the pack. Not sure if I want to go that route or not.

Im budgeted as to what I can afford. However, I think I will probably put a little away here and there and build a full size one a little bit at a time.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]