I'm thinking I'll leave it until all the parts are painted to attach them, to make sure they have a solid threading.
In the meantime I've marked and drilled the holes for mounting the booster tube to the shell on both and also tapped the tube side holes with a m5x0.8 tap, to make it easier when it comes to putting the epoxy putty weld around the base of the tube.
I used some spare m5 30mm cap head bolts to mount it
Then I sorted out fitting the PPD, I had already drilled 3mm holes on the shell and used those to mark and drill the holes on the PPD (I also forgot to take pictures of drilling the centre hole without a pillar drill, but our hands were full as I got my girlfriend to hold the PPD upside down and used a drill guide on the flat underside to drill in perpendicular which worked pretty well)
I used 2 m4 19mm button head screws to attach it
And while I was there I cut the blue 1/4" tube and split loom boot to size
Next I cut the hole under the N filter. I found the centre of the N filter using a template 70mm in diameter with a box flush on the outside to find the centre lines. As I'm planning on using (depending on what the size of the vent led is on the Gbfans light kit) the same reflector cups I will be using for the cyclotron lights, I cut a 45mm diameter hole to accommodate the 40mm wide cup.
And that's as much as I can do for now until I get my orders with the rest of the parts I have left to fit...