Ykymf wrote: June 30th, 2021, 10:13 am This thing is incredibly heavy
Not helped by the wooden block method we've seen in the past. :(
Ykymf wrote: June 30th, 2021, 10:13 amThe barrel on the wand is not great. For starters, it's a manual pull-out. After that, it's quite easy to pull it past the point that it should go. It does seem to be connected inside by a wire but the barrel does not have lights so the wire may not be electrical and instead just meant to prevent it from falling out entirely.
Could it be that it has a pop mechanism, but it's failed? And the barrel doesn't have lights? I'd expect barrel lights, even if only a simple flash set-up for what they're charging for these Packs.

Observations:

Disappointed the labels on the Proton Gun are stickers rather than dry-rub transfers.

The clear light cover on the top of the Proton Gun, and the red one on the Rear Instrument Bar don't appear to be arcolectric neon indicators, or close approximations.

The Trigger tip is too far down the clear tube... I'm wondering if it's actually fastened in place, or just held there by friction.

As noted on GreatGalling's Pack, the P-Clamp for the ribbon cable is too small compared to the size used on the screen-used props.

The split-loom looping up into the Gear Box appears too short.

The top of the motherboard, where it backs the Gear Box is incorrectly cut. There should be a nice, almost gentle curve on the upper portion, rather than that pronounced almost-corner.

I believe the large danger label on the motherboard is in the wrong place, and that screw beside it shouldn't be there at all.

The bumper does look crooked.

To be honest, I think Anovos should've just offered a bare, unfinished "Spengler" shell. I think that would've been an easier-to-achieve ambition for them, and would've spared a lot of customers disappointment in the delays and at the "passable" quality of the construction and finishing.
EnderWeggen, ccv66 liked this
If you check this link there are a bunch of really good shots of the weld. I started saving a few to post and then realizing how many there were figured this would be easier.
https://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Sony_Lobby_Reference

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to a more in depth review once you’ve really had a chance to go over it with a fine toothed comb!
Ykymf liked this
Ykymf wrote: June 30th, 2021, 1:43 pm
For me, the dream replica I was looking at (GB I style, w/ smoke effect, w/ sound and lights, with a pop barrel and I assume lighter than the cast of the hero is) was nearing/over $4,000.
To be honest, if you wanted a project for yourself it would be cheaper to build one yourself. True it may be hard to come by a super accurate shell like the anovos or macks factory one but the pack I have been building, while not super accurate, has only ran me just under £2000 ($2700). That's with light and sound and a (hopefully) functioning pop mech.
I will never again order from Anovos. I am convinced they’re going out of business anyway (or have lost their licences), but based on my experience and the corners cut shown here, I could never recommend them.

Funny story, I have a gift voucher I can’t even give away. Literally out of 50+ people I asked, not one person wants it. That speaks a lot to how they offer nothing of value (the chances are high even if someone used the voucher they would never get their order... classic Anovos).
Alright, so just letting everyone know I placed my order for the Anovos Spengler Legacy Proton Pack back in the fall of 2019. All those who ordered it were told that all packs would be shipped out by then of "quarter 2" end of June. It is now July 4th and I have not received it...... I contacted them through the help center but I'm really not holding my breath with someone getting back to me at least not any time soon. However, I receive emails almost daily for Star Trek uniforms. I'm a pretty easy going laid back guy but even I think this is ridiculous. I think it would be in good taste if Anovos could at least email those who purchased the pack or make an announcement on their website simply stating that they've fallen behind on orders but plan making things right and get all shipments out soon. I've learned that Anovos doesn't have a lot of employees, but I personally think they may just have to much on their plate, perhaps they should just focus on one project at a time, do it and then move on to the next.....
deadderek liked this
Crazy! Just watch a video cpl days ago that said Egon never even wore the pack they just got it from Sony and used his name. Should call it the Louis pack because he's only one that really wore it in deleted scenes. Messed up how they just trying make a profit off Harold Ramis death like that.
https://youtu.be/-Tn9lsimM3s

Link to the video I'm talking about...
That's been pretty well known about since the beginning.
Moulds were taken from the Super Hero Pack for this replica which was worn by both Bill and Ernie in GB1 and Rick in a GB2 deleted scene as you mentioned but never by Harold.
Supposedly, the naming error stems from the pack being mislabeled in the Sony Archives.

The actual Spengler pack/Ramis hero was sold at auction to a private collector a few years ago.
It recently appeared briefly on Disney plus' prop culture which is hosted by the current owner.
Oz_843 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 5:25 am Crazy! Just watch a video cpl days ago that said Egon never even wore the pack they just got it from Sony and used his name. Should call it the Louis pack because he's only one that really wore it in deleted scenes. Messed up how they just trying make a profit off Harold Ramis death like that.
https://youtu.be/-Tn9lsimM3s

Link to the video I'm talking about...
Well, I don't think they were being deceptive to try and make a profit. I think there was good reason for them to decide to call it that. Sony knew they were going to use those super hero pack moulds for Afterlife pack and the Anovos project most likely went hand in hand with that. I really doubt the pack was taken apart more than once to mould, they probably either used the Anovos moulds to work on afterlife or re-casted some pulls from them. Also, I believe at once point the new movie was going to be called/marketed as Gostbusters Legacy (You can even find the trailer on official Sony Germany youtube account called that). So It probably was a combination of them knowing it was going to be used as a base for Spengler's pack in the new movie with also the original working title of Ghostbusters Legacy
By ccv66
I believe Anovos got the ghostbusters licence before, the girl ghostbusters movie.. I don't think afterlife was even a thought at the time. They called it the spengler because that's how it was labeled and Anovos had to go by what Sony says. Mattel had to miss name their wand because of Sony too.
I believe Dan and Murray wore it briefly in GB 1. I would argue stantz, venkman or superhero pack would be just as marketable as a Spengler. Lack of due diligence, not malicious

Thumbs up to "pack is not a toy" YouTube channel I'm liking his videos
Michael Scott liked this
ccv66 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 10:24 am Thumbs up to "pack is not a toy" YouTube channel I'm liking his videos

A smart move would’ve been to market it as the Venkman pack, which could be done with any pack except semi hero #6, since he used all of the rest on screen between the two movies, and he’s the headline star of the franchise.
ccv66 liked this

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]