By krazerkap
I bought the speaker from GBFans but I don't know what kind of speaker wire would be best to wire it in. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's my first build and I haven't really done wiring on things like this before. Just wanting to make sure it's done right with the right materials.
By CaptainAssholay
I use the same speaker and just used some 16awg speaker wire I had laying around. I soldered it to the connection tabs on the speaker but I've read people saying you can just wrap it around them as well but I can't vouch for it. I've also read people saying they use some spare 22 awg wire since it's just an 8ohm speaker and it won't lose audio quality until you hit 12 feet so if you have some lying around from doing any wiring job with your kit you should be set.
By l3w1sb159
Wrapping it around the contacts works, that's what I did - through the centre and then around. Just cover the exposed copper with heatshrink or electrical tape.
By krazerkap
I appreciate the feedback. Any thoughts on the best place to put the speaker? I won't be able to place it inside of the Cyclotron (I have a Spirit Halloween Pack) as there's not enough room. Thoughts?
By Kingpin
The biggest empty spaces on the Spirit Pack are the Cyclotron, the N-Filter, the Booster Tube, the Gun Mount, the round base for the Clippard Valve, and the Gear Box:

By CaptainAssholay
krazerkap wrote: October 20th, 2021, 2:00 pm I appreciate the feedback. Any thoughts on the best place to put the speaker? I won't be able to place it inside of the Cyclotron (I have a Spirit Halloween Pack) as there's not enough room. Thoughts?
My speaker is in the the cyclotron area of the spirit pack. It was a tight fit as it's pretty close to the lights from the spongeface kit but that's the only place I could make it work. I used an mdf board I bought off ebay made for the spirit pack and since it is recessed inside the pack, instead of being mounted on top of the pack like a traditional motherboard, I had to mount the speaker from the outside instead of from the inside, it was the only way for it to have clearance without pushing on the cyclotron lights.

By edspengler
I was thinking of using this same speaker, but my mdf motherboard is not recessed - the shell fits on top of it. Will that help fitting along with the Spongeface lights?
By CaptainAssholay
Yes it will give you extra clearance on placing the speaker in that location. If I modified another spirit pack m first change would be making my own mdf motherboard that fits like a traditional motherboard where it mounts on top.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]