By randomgamer9931
Hello all! I am currently trying to do my first build using the 2021 Spirit Halloween proton pack.

I've already stripped off the stock wand and replaced it with my Spengler wand, just taped on connection, no wiring. I'm currently awaiting a 3rd party lighting system with power switch in the mail, but was looking at the GBFans sound board, speaker and possibly rumble motor. If possible, I'm going to leave the stock motherboard, even if it is cardboard, I unfortunately do not have any access to tools to manufacture a replacement, and hopefully I can avoid buying one. But of course, if I need to change it, then that's what will happen.

I was looking for any advice for installing or including these things as I'm really just muddling my way though, and any information would be most welcome!
By randomgamer9931
Yup that's the one. I was wondering about securing it to the shell itself, utilizing the existing speaker holes, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that I'll have to replace the motherboard with a wooden or aluminum one
By CaptainAssholay
Yea I was in the same position, most aftermarket light kits are going to take up the prime real estate of the cyclotron area for the speaker. The speaker from the shop itself is somewhat large so there's no real great spot in the spirit pack shell for it to go that I've found.
randomgamer9931 liked this
By randomgamer9931
That's definitely good to know! I'm going to see if I can get an aluminum sheet cut-to-size for me at work and go from there. Would it be best to aim the speaker at the existing pack holes, or create some new ones in the aluminum motherboard?
By CaptainAssholay
Typically in a full size pack the speaker faces out of the motherboard towards your back so that's what I did when modding my spirit pack. The front of the speaker is where it screws on to something sturdy so it wouldn't be able to face the original speaker holes which are already too small to begin with for this. An aluminum motherboard would be great and give the pack a bit more weight which I prefer as well.
If you find yourself repainting your pack in the future you may want to take the extra time to fill the original speaker whole up with bondo or something else to give the front of the cyclotron a more uniform look.
randomgamer9931 liked this
By randomgamer9931
I'm definitely going to look into doing this. My lighting kit is almost here, so I'll make my decision based off of how much room it takes up on how I set things. I imagine trying to place the speaker between, or most likely above, the cyclotron lights will be the best bet. I was also looking into the aluminum and unfortunately that's a bit out of my budget for what I'm after, I'll likely have to go with plywood as it's far cheaper, and my landlord may have some extra sitting around I can use
CaptainAssholay liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]