By Paco
With St. Patrick's day around the corner, I'd like to cover a thread regarding my latest and quickest build to date. Since our group is doing a function on Thursday, we felt it'd be necessary to have something holiday themed - so what not better than a proton pack?!

The base is a regular spirit halloween pack, but the idea was to use a dark green for the base parts and a lighter shade for the fins and flat surfaces. A rough concept I made up gives the idea as to what I was going for.

Once getting the pack, I started immediately stripping it of parts and masking off the parts I couldn't take off for priming.

I also filed down the vent holes on the wand. I have a MOD wand but there was a big time crunch to get that ready (WAIT 'TIL COMIC CON!).

This wand would suffice, and I also wanted to keep the original lights on the gun working. So I carefully stripped out the electronics, and soldered a new push button.

Now the pack and wand are primed.

The first color was a lighter green and that took a day to completely dry before retapping it for the base coat. The same was applied for the gun as well.

After another day of waiting, the parts where dry enough to handle. I started reattaching the parts and the pack slowly came back to its original asymmetrical form.

The original hole where the button went would now be perfect for a hat light I had left over. I also added another non functional push button at the front. Also in place of the top knob, I used a mini Jameson bottle cap. Fit perfectly!

Also in keeping with the theme, I added some decorative stuff such as the Jameson label on the booster tube as well the shamrock on the N filter. I tried to find a Dunkin Donuts sticker but they don't carry those at there stores - Good Will Hunting be dammed!

And tada!

This is still a WIP since lighting is still up in the air, but so far it's been a hit. Now how do you like them apples?
oidoglr, RiverofSlime liked this
By oidoglr
Only thing that could make this better would be if you put a Camelbak into the pack body and routed the drinking valve through the neutrona wand so it could actually dispense Jameson.
By Paco
Okay time for some updates!

I never got too deep into the electronics, but this is a simple write up. The lights were a leftover Spongeface kit mounted with a homemade stand I jb-welded together with styrene and little black stands from amazon.

The power supply is the typical talentcell 12 volt battery, but I instead decided to use a DC jack soldered to a kill switch via the ground wire.

The kill switch is on the booster tube, but that my was only mistake since the switch isn't flush on the tube. I'll have to dremel, glue a new top and repaint it to get it to look flush again.

Instead of the blue window on the power cell, I used a small cut of orange lighting gel and placed it behind the frosted windows. Came out great! And the cyclo lights were left as is.

And here's the pack out in action.

It definitely got some love online since it ended up getting featured on GhostbustersNews (link here)

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/03/17 ... ton-packs/

By the next day the pack already started to show some damage as the thrower started coming apart. This isn't much of an issue since the thrower will be replaced by a MOD wand I'm revamping. I'm definitely keeping the Jameson pack as is, just giving it an overhaul in terms of functionality and aesthetics, such as a 3d printed cyclo I ordered. Keep your eyes open for San Diego Comic Con '22. This baby is definitely going out there!

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]