By mburkit
namebrand wrote:Even though I sometimes disagree with Cyland (and have argued with him in the past about making statements with no proof or facts), the fact remains that some people have information that others don't and sometimes we all have to accept that at face value. Doesn't mean we shouldn't question or ask for more proof. More information, even without proof, can help open up venues of exploration for details.
And that's fine. I'm just not a fan of how he went about stating it so matter-of-factly. The fact that he had to keep stating "I thought we knew that already" kind of rubbed me the wrong way because we DO know a lot of this stuff already. We have 44 pages of threads on this board alone with TONS of information. Just because someone didn't go out of their way to post it in a thread that is only here to supply High Res images from the first movie, doesn't mean as a community we don't know of it.

That's all.
By Cyland Props
GhostGuy wrote:How do you know the n-filter had carpet padding behind the screen?
Cyland Props wrote:I've been given very good pictures of an original hero pack with the only stipulation that I couldn't make the pictures public.
[That may be true for the hero pack from the Sony lobby, but not for the PH Minnesota Hero pack. Examples of both can be seen in publicly available photos. So, it could go either way.
There were two different hero builds seen in the first movie, I'm sure you've noticed. One of the builds had a orange lens on the top of the Proton gun the other build had white. We're talking about the large lens on the main gun body to the right of the vent slots. And as we have also seen the two different builds had different resistors, One had the Daleohm horizontal ribs on both resistors, you can actually see this on the pack that Dan is wearing during the roof top scenes in the BluRay, the other had vertical ribs as seen in the omni photo. Sorting out what's going on is proving to be fun.

Cyland Props wrote:* The trap hose is not loom in general, but there is some loom in the bundle of cables when Ray is holding the traps. One of the traps may be conencted to that, it's hard to tell. Also there's black "tape" on the location where the red "tape" appears in the slimer scene.

They were all loom and the tape was both black and red.
There was a discussion about this a while back where it does appear that the hero trap hose is a rubber air line hose or something similar. Even in GB2 it can be seen to not be loom on some traps.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=3&t=5398
In the shots I've seen from GB II the hose is the exact same hose seen in DC, some of the electrical tape runs a good length of the hose covering up the deep grooves.
mburkit wrote:Then why share "information" at all then? If you can't share your source, what's the point then?
Even though I sometimes disagree with Cyland (and have argued with him in the past about making statements with no proof or facts), the fact remains that some people have information that others don't and sometimes we all have to accept that at face value. Doesn't mean we shouldn't question or ask for more proof. More information, even without proof, can help open up venues of exploration for details.
I truly wish that I could share the photos but that would place myself, my friend, his friend and his company all in a very bad situation. You don't understand, nor do I expect you to understand how much hurt could come down from these pictures. e.g. Millions from everyone. I don't know about you but I do not have millions.
By kind2311
Cyland Props wrote:There were two different hero builds seen in the first movie, I'm sure you've noticed. One of the builds had a orange lens on the top of the Proton gun the other build had white. We're talking about the large lens on the main gun body to the right of the vent slots. And as we have also seen the two different builds had different resistors, One had the Daleohm horizontal ribs on both resistors, you can actually see this on the pack that Dan is wearing during the roof top scenes in the BluRay, the other had vertical ribs as seen in the omni photo. Sorting out what's going on is proving to be fun.
I have stepped through the GB1 HDTV version almost frame-by-frame and I have only been able to find 3 scenes where the resistor is clear enough to make out. they are all Dale RH-50's which leads me to believe that the omni and life packs may have been re-fitted with the different Sage M50W resistor.

By Cyland Props
Here's another interesting fact, during the Make 'em Hard shot Ray's gun has a R701 Clippard on it.

I wish I had a better Bluray drive and software for my computer.
By Austin
You mean a 331? I know the hero pack on display at sony(with the orange cap light on the top of the gun box) has the valves reversed on the pack and gun.
By Cyland Props
Austin wrote:You mean a 331? I know the hero pack on display at sony(with the orange cap light on the top of the gun box) has the valves reversed on the pack and gun.
Nope clear as day R-701 . I laughed pretty hard when I saw that.
By AMC78
Is one of Venkman's elbow pads missing a black paint/elastic detail too? Maybe he gets the slaphappy props to use lol.
By kind2311
All the throwers had R-701's on them with the exception of Wintston's thrower, the one with the orange light on top instead of white. It has an R-331 which was on the pack on the other builds. Also you can see once again that his top and front knobs are painted black.

right-click and "view image" for larger pic

By kind2311
AMC78 wrote:Is one of Venkman's elbow pads missing a black paint/elastic detail too? Maybe he gets the slaphappy props to use lol.
yes, throughout the entire movie venkman had the black patch on only one armpad.
By kind2311
i love that pic because it shows the gun's actual vent hole size without the light coming through and distorting it. IMO, Throwingchicken's gun body is the only one I have seen with accurately-sized vent holes, seems like everyone likes to make them oversized.
By Cyland Props
kind2311 wrote:All the throwers had R-701's on them with the exception of Wintston's thrower, the one with the orange light on top instead of white. It has an R-331 which was on the pack on the other builds. Also you can see once again that his top and front knobs are painted black.

Is that assumption? I only see one there and it is number down.

You can also see the appearing and disappearing foam strip at the top of the motherboard in the roof top shots.
By gunza
kind2311 wrote:All the throwers had R-701's on them with the exception of Wintston's thrower, the one with the orange light on top instead of white. It has an R-331 which was on the pack on the other builds. Also you can see once again that his top and front knobs are painted black.

also, the top edge of the clippard sits higher up than the top of the gun box...most people make the two flush---right?
By kind2311
There are 3 indications that it is an R-331 or and identical model. The cap is almost touching the valve body, R-701's cannot screw down that close to the valve body. R-701's have brass threads and you can see there are no brass threads there. That cap has the small bump on the top, R-701's do not have that. I suppose it is an assumption of mine that they all had R701's because thats all I have ever seen in reference pics with the exception of the one i posted and this one which i believe may be the same thrower due to the orange cap, the face-up clippard (r-331 or identical) valve and the placement of the empty screw holes on the front peg:

By kind2311
gunza wrote:also, the top edge of the clippard sits higher up than the top of the gun box...most people make the two flush---right?
i have never seen a flush one. If a thrower is built properly to stefan's plans, the clippard valve will stick out accurately just like that unless you cut or grind away some of the gun body under the valve to make it fit flush.
By elsoldao7
I dont know if its already been said, but did anybody else notice the absence of the dixie cup thing they use for attaching the thrower to the pack on Venkman's pack in the scene where they talk about crossing the streams on the rooftop?
By kind2311
Thats because those are stunt packs in that scene, they did not have v-hooks(what you call dixie hooks) like the hero packs. it is unclear to me how the stunt guns attached to the stunt packs.
By GhostGuy

Is that from the Blu Ray transfer, or the old HD transfer that was going around? It looks sharper and the aspect ratio appears slightly different with more visible on the top and bottom. I thought the Blu Ray was identical to the old HD transfer. Did they fix the Gozer scene's lighting being all blown out? I can also see a lot of detail in the darker regions here than I could see on the old transfer.
By kind2311
Yes its a cap from a 720p rip of the blu ray.

I turned up the brightness slightly to show more detail, I dont notice much of a difference in the picture from the HDTV rip.

This is from a rip of the blu-ray in 1080p

right-click and "view image"

By XvGojira
Sadly, I can't post pics, but I'm watching the end of the movie now and right before they head into the Dana's apartment building, you can see Aykroyd's yellow tube going beyond the belt, possibly into, onto, or just under the proton pack. And in that same shot Ramis' yellow tube is just coiled up at his side. Just thought I'd toss that in, not sure anyone caught that yet.
By kind2311
they have them tucked/coiled/stored away in different styles throughout the entire movie.

they never go into or attach to anything
By kind2311
mmmm, he never crouches down up there until egons radical idea huddle.

so you want when they first walk up there and its real hazy, ray looks astonished and venkman has to kinda give him a nudge to keep walking, or when they are all looking dumbfounded at dana and louis when they actually transform and peter is yelling "Dana . . .Dana!"?
By Deaditebuster
I think I just noticed a continuity error. When the guys are standing in front of Dana's building, before the earthquake, the straps for their kidney straps are not on. But when they come out of the hole in the street, they are all clipped. Can somebody else confirm this?
By kind2311
You are correct, they are not buckled as they watch the portal form and the sky darkens, then as ray climbs out of the hole he is wearing a stunt pack which has different straps, but they are all buckled. The next scene where he says "no way we were prepared for that"(i think thats what he says), they are wearing the hero packs and everything is buckled.
bromie liked this
By Krenzy
Vin, let me watch me DVD versions to see if I can find the spot I'm talking about. I saw it in the theater last weekend, but perhaps it was something not included in the final release? A couple things in the film transfer looked slightly different from my DVD versions.
By Cyland Props
kind2311 wrote:they have them tucked/coiled/stored away in different styles throughout the entire movie.

they never go into or attach to anything
Yeah it's just us nerds that need the hoses to go somewhere. I've done what many of us have, just attached it in some method to the belt. My case it's just a snap hook to a split ring that's threaded through the bottom hole of the belt.

In one of the screen caps that was posted you can see the access panel on Venkman's gun that goes to the light on the back box, is missing. You can also see the metal body of the light housing. It's the hotel shot when he's about to get slimed.
elsoldao7 wrote:I dont know if its already been said, but did anybody else notice the absence of the dixie cup thing they use for attaching the thrower to the pack on Venkman's pack in the scene where they talk about crossing the streams on the rooftop?
After the shot above you can see what's holding on the gun, a coat hanger.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]