Moderator's Note (September 15th, 2015): Here are some alternate links to the original galleries:

Ghostbusters HD Reference
Ghostbusters 2 HD Reference

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right click for full view!

Things I noticed when looking at these:
* Those belts sure do look awfully white.
* The aluminum gun knobs were painted black in the first film.
* There are some stacked brass washers held on with bolts on one of the tubes on the gront of the gun box. Looks like three on one, and two on the other.
* There's an odd shaped white thing on the front of the trap pedal which the ribbon cable attaches to.
* The bellows on the trap pedal looks like it could be some kind of fabric stretched over some kind of spring rather than made out of rubber.
* The silver knob on the front of the trap has a black insert in it, and the black knob has a silver ring around the top.
* The square knobs on the front of the trap don't have the silver insert in the top.
* The design of the ribbon cable in the reference section looks like it's spot on. (I wasn't sure about that since I hadn't seen the high res caps and you can't really tell from the low res ones.)
* Ray has cake on his boots. ( Just making sure you're paying attention. :-) )
Last edited by GhostGuy on November 20th, 2010, 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
ComBloc liked this
By Ectofiend666
GhostGuy wrote:* Those belts sure do look awfully white.
*Someone finally believes me about the belts, however over time I've come to believe that they're either a white pistol belt that's just dingy-dirty, or a VERY faint grey...

*And the knobs I've noticed for awhile now...I'm just surprised nobody else picked up on this :sigh: ...

*Two other things of interest:

-The rubber "safety gloves" have a "grip pattern" on the palms.
-The heatsink on the gunbox doesn't seem to have grooves.

*Cheers.
By GhostGuy
Ectofiend666 wrote:
GhostGuy wrote:* Those belts sure do look awfully white.
*Someone finally believes me about the belts, however over time I've come to believe that they're either a white pistol belt that's just dingy-dirty, or a VERY faint grey...

I've always believed they were white. :-)

Also:

But they were khaki in GB2.

As for being dingy... or grey... Well, if you look at the color of the ghost and compare it to the belt, it's clear the belt's not super white. Arguing over whether it's light gray or dirty white however is silly because that's just semantics.

However, as far as practicality goes, I'd perfer to call it a white belt, because it's a lot easier to make a white belt darker than it would be to lighten a gray belt to that shade, which looks to be about 75% white. (I'd estimate the lightest of the armbands in the shot where they're approaching gozer to be about 50%)
By Exoray
nick-a-tron wrote:
GhostGuy wrote:
i think only one gun had the knobs painted black. it was some kind of hero close up thrower (note the lack of any labels also).
Yep, throughout the rest of the movie you can clearly see instances where they were not painted black... That one thrower they used in that zoom in shot shouldn't be used as the definitive representation of what was used in the movie, just an example of one thrower...
By GhostGuy
Yeah, I just checked and in every scene I've found other than that one so far they remain unpainted.

Looks better that way anyway. :-)
By GhostGuy
More caps! Merry Christmas. :-)

New stuff I've noticed:

* The holes in the n-filter don't look very white, in any scene I've been able to get a look at them, unlike the GB2 packs. There's also a gleam which appears in that area on two of the packs as they walk down the hall near the start of the film. I'd been considering putting a bit of screen in there because they look like vent holes. Seems like that would match with what I'm seeing, though obviously there's no way to ever know what was really in there.

* The washers on the bumper appear to be brass.

* There's a couple stickers around the side knob on the ecto goggles.

* The trap hose is not loom in general, but there is some loom in the bundle of cables when Ray is holding the traps. One of the traps may be conencted to that, it's hard to tell. Also there's black "tape" on the location where the red "tape" appears in the slimer scene.

* Blue top warning label on one of the packs coming out of the car.

* Top of the motherboard appears to be attached to the alice frame with one screw through the center bar, and nothing else.

* There appear to be a number of red wires on the belt circuit coming off the right side of it, but I can't make out enough detail to figure out what's going on there.
By namebrand
Most of this stuff has been discussed before, but it may well be lost or buried now so I'll try to recap some off the top of my head.
GhostGuy wrote:* The washers on the bumper appear to be brass.
As are the ones on the "locking" screws on the front handle of the gun.
GhostGuy wrote:* There's a couple stickers around the side knob on the ecto goggles.
They're rub-down transfers the same as the two on the gun under the toggle switches (beside the bar graph).

GhostGuy wrote:* The trap hose is not loom in general, but there is some loom in the bundle of cables when Ray is holding the traps. One of the traps may be conencted to that, it's hard to tell. Also there's black "tape" on the location where the red "tape" appears in the slimer scene.
I think this was discussed here that the "hero" trap pedal had a soft black rubber air hose (no longer made), while split loom seems to have been used for stunts or filler. I think someone here said they had an old air hose that matched.
GhostGuy wrote:* Blue top warning label on one of the packs coming out of the car.
There's never been proof (even with the HDTV transfer) that there's a blue label on the top of the pack since it can't be seen anywhere else. People have argued multiple times about it and what might be the cause of what can be seen. Personally it looks as if the colour layer of the sticker has been peeled off of it's foil backing (the one PH hero pack shows this same separation at the corners).
GhostGuy wrote:* There appear to be a number of red wires on the belt circuit coming off the right side of it, but I can't make out enough detail to figure out what's going on there.
See photos of the correct Sanyo ICC-808D calculator circuit board to clear up the source for the red wires.

Hope some of that helps.
By Exoray
namebrand wrote:
GhostGuy wrote:* Blue top warning label on one of the packs coming out of the car.
There's never been proof (even with the HDTV transfer) that there's a blue label on the top of the pack since it can't be seen anywhere else. People have argued multiple times about it and what might be the cause of what can be seen. Personally it looks as if the colour layer of the sticker has been peeled off of it's foil backing (the one PH hero pack shows this same separation at the corners).
As John has stated it's probably just the color layer removed from the metallic backing...

This reference shot shows the whole red color layer removed on that same sticker and could very well be the same pack seen on screen in that shot...

http://www.gbfans.com/images/equipment/ ... /29/71.jpg
By Exoray
GhostGuy wrote:Image
Look at that deep khaki color on the uniform, no hint of gray on the wet spots ; )
Missing something on the rear instrument bar of that gun(s), huh?

Lots to discover GhostGuy I have stepped through the movie frame by frame in HD dozens of times already...
By GhostGuy
Exoray wrote:
Look at that deep khaki color on the uniform, no hint of gray on the wet spots ; )

There's better shots than that if you want to argue they're khaki. :-)

I think it's more interesting in the above shot that the slime on the floor appears green, while the slime on Venkman does not.
By GhostGuy
Found via google... dunno why it's not linked to in the props section:

This is the one I'd been using for reference, which explains why I didn't know where all those red wires were coming from:
By Ectofiend666
GhostGuy wrote:Found via google... dunno why it's not linked to in the props section:
*Fan-made?

*Cheers.
By Exoray
GhostGuy wrote:This is the one I'd been using for reference, which explains why I didn't know where all those red wires were coming from:
Different revision of the calculator...

Same calculator, one on the left is an earlier build, the one on the right is a newer build, notice that the nixies have been replaced with an LED panel, some of the discrete components on the lower left have also been replaced by ICs... But also notice the newer one has red tubes over the legs of the one component...

The "real" screen used one even had many more discrete components on the lower left... I have heard the exact correct one was found, but I have never seen a picture to verify it...

As I have said multiple times, the electronics (computer) age was making advances literally every day back then, with the original price of these things close to $1000 (yes $1000 in 1971) companies like Sanyo were constantly revising the insides trying to lower the price... They kept the same model numbers and kept the same plastic housings but changed up the PC boards configuration often...

This is why I warn people constantly not to go crazy and overbid these damn things when they pop up at auction, it's truly Russian Roulette on what you will get when you pop it open...

And last but not least yes the one found by Google is Playskools replica, he built it using from what I gather a poster of the guys as reference...
By Dr. Spengs
GhostGuy wrote: * The holes in the n-filter don't look very white, in any scene I've been able to get a look at them, unlike the GB2 packs. There's also a gleam which appears in that area on two of the packs as they walk down the hall near the start of the film. I'd been considering putting a bit of screen in there because they look like vent holes. Seems like that would match with what I'm seeing, though obviously there's no way to ever know what was really in there.
I've thought for some time that it looked like small screens on the N-filter in some scenes, I'm glad I'm not the only one...Even if it's not, I think it would be a bit more visually interesting on a pack. Aerator screens from any household faucet should do the trick, I'm thinking about trying it with my pack.
By nick-a-tron
the white dots on the N-filter is indeed a white mesh type material glued inside the shell. and as there are holes cut out of the filter you can see the mesh :)

also.....

how the hell is Venkmans thrower clipped to the pack in that scene if the gun track is facing away from the pack????
By Exoray
nick-a-tron wrote:how the hell is Venkmans thrower clipped to the pack in that scene if the gun track is facing away from the pack????
It's a foam stunt pack...
By GhostGuy
nick-a-tron wrote:the white dots on the N-filter is indeed a white mesh type material glued inside the shell. and as there are holes cut out of the filter you can see the mesh :)

Well we know the holes have fiberglass mesh inside on the GB2 packs, cause we have reference pics of it. But how do you know they did the same thing on the GB1 packs? The holes don't look very bright in those screen caps. They look quite bright in GB2 though. The holes should be as bright as the ghost symbol if there's white fiberglass mesh inside.
By Exoray
nick-a-tron wrote:ah yes so it is :) but still, how is the gun attached to the pack? did the foam packs have the gun and pack cast as one?
No the gun and pack were different cast... The gun was probably taped, wired or strung or something for that scene... You can see the gun on one stunt pack flopping all over the place like it's held by a string when the guys fall in the broken road, while in the same scene the gun on another stunt pack stays firm like it's taped or glued...

Look at the roof scene when they are all huddled down behind he wall, lots of stunt pack goodness in that scene and you can clearly see no gun hooks on the stunt packs, so they must have used some quicky method of attachment when needed...
By GhostGuy
nick-a-tron wrote:you know what i think you're right. just checked out the close up shots of the GB1 pack and yup...no mesh!...

I don't think you're following what I'm saying. :-)

Isn't that a GB1 pack which has been recommisioned to be a GB2 pack? Aren't all the reference photos we have from the planet Hollywoods from GB2 packs?

Those holes are filled with something white. Mesh or not makes no difference to me. All I'm concerned with is how bright they look in the film.

And I'm questioning if those holes in that pic there were once filled with something darker. Like a gray screen.

If that pack was used in GB2 then we can't use it as a reference for what was in there in the first film because it may have been changed. And in fact it seems very likely it was changed because the holes are a lot brighter in the second movie than in the first.
By nick-a-tron
yup i see what you mean. yes the "white" spots do seem rather dark. it could be due to them being set deeply into the shell and being hidden fron any light. or maybe the weathering of the props caused them to be dulled down.

look at your 1st photo. peter's spots do seem alot duller than egon's. so peter's pack could have been weathered slightly more then the others. and oddly enough, to me it does look like mesh. hmmmm
By Krenzy
Yeah in that picture it looks like mesh, but that's also the pack with the bumper sticker on the wrong side. Who knows what else was changed on that pack from the others?

Personally, in some pics it looks to me like the holes on the N-Filter are dilled out and a the white spots are from a PVC tube inside the filter...my own thought, atleast.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]