For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Magickman
docshiv wrote:This is true! You're not too far from me. I'm near Bloomington.

This will be our daughter's first Halloween, so we're pretty excited. Granted, she'll be too young for trick or treating, but it'll still be fun.
Cool man! This is our son's first Halloween. He'll only be 7 months old then, so it will be awhile before he get's a small uniform and pack, lol, but we're really looking forward to it. :) We figure we can do the whole dress up, traditional thing and still rock a nice party afterward to boot. We alway through a Halloween party and it's always a blast. Having it be on a Saturday and having it actually be Halloween night will make it even better!

And yeah, you're not to far at all! That's awesome! Nice to have more ghostheads around my area for a change. Seems like everyone is up around Chi-town. lol
By docshiv
Magickman wrote:
docshiv wrote:This is true! You're not too far from me. I'm near Bloomington.

This will be our daughter's first Halloween, so we're pretty excited. Granted, she'll be too young for trick or treating, but it'll still be fun.
Cool man! This is our son's first Halloween. He'll only be 7 months old then, so it will be awhile before he get's a small uniform and pack, lol, but we're really looking forward to it. :) We figure we can do the whole dress up, traditional thing and still rock a nice party afterward to boot. We alway through a Halloween party and it's always a blast. Having it be on a Saturday and having it actually be Halloween night will make it even better!

And yeah, you're not to far at all! That's awesome! Nice to have more ghostheads around my area for a change. Seems like everyone is up around Chi-town. lol
Sweet! Our daughter will be 9 months at Halloween. Sounds like you're doing it up right.

Yeah...it's nice to know other Ghostheads are nearby! Hey, you had an Ecto-1 project going, didn't you? Have you made much progress on the restoration?
By Magickman
docshiv wrote:Sweet! Our daughter will be 9 months at Halloween. Sounds like you're doing it up right.

Yeah...it's nice to know other Ghostheads are nearby! Hey, you had an Ecto-1 project going, didn't you? Have you made much progress on the restoration?
Thanks! We try too, anyway! :grin:

Yup, that's me. I work on her mainly on the weekends (when I'm not working them too!). Taking this beast apart is a long, tedicous task. lol It's slow progess, but progress none-the-less! Always looking for an extra hand if your ever down this way! :wink::lol: j/k

Mostly it's me working on her, with my buddy John helping me out when he can. It's nice to work on her, have the GB soundtrack on in the background and occasionally drinking a nice cold beer! :grin:

Have you had a change to think what you might dress her up as this Halloween? I'm thinking for my son either a ghost or maybe a pumpkin, that is unless I see something between now and then that changes my mind. haha

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. I think it's going to be an absolute blast taking him around trick-or-treating as he grows up. I'm really looking forward to that, ya know?
By docshiv
Magickman wrote:
Thanks! We try too, anyway! :grin:

Yup, that's me. I work on her mainly on the weekends (when I'm not working them too!). Taking this beast apart is a long, tedicous task. lol It's slow progess, but progress none-the-less! Always looking for an extra hand if your ever down this way! :wink::lol: j/k

Mostly it's me working on her, with my buddy John helping me out when he can. It's nice to work on her, have the GB soundtrack on in the background and occasionally drinking a nice cold beer! :grin:

Have you had a change to think what you might dress her up as this Halloween? I'm thinking for my son either a ghost or maybe a pumpkin, that is unless I see something between now and then that changes my mind. haha

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. I think it's going to be an absolute blast taking him around trick-or-treating as he grows up. I'm really looking forward to that, ya know?
I am not mechanically inclined at all, but I'd be happy to help somehow. I'd sure like to see her someday, though.

Not sure what our daughter's costume will be. We have a dog, too...so my wife was thinking of getting some "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" Dr. Suess t-shirts and going that route. I'll leave it up to her.

Agreed about the holiday. I like Halloween better than Christmas! I'm also looking forward to taking her trick or treating. But I also love staying home and passing out candy to the kids and seeing what kind of costumes they put together. I also kinda like scaring them. Every year, I dress up the house and have spooky music pumping outside (with the occasional GB theme thrown in as well, of course! :) ).

I'm not ready for summer to be over yet, but I sure am looking forward to it!
By Magickman
Well, you don't have to be too mechanically inclined to take something apart. It's putting it back together that takes the skill. ;)

Either way, just give me a little advance notice (to make sure I'm not working) if you ever want to stop by and take a look at her. :)

I think a "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" would be awesome and hilarious! :D And I agree, summer is going by WAY to fast, but it will be nice when Halloween rolls around again
By docshiv
Magickman wrote:Well, you don't have to be too mechanically inclined to take something apart. It's putting it back together that takes the skill. ;)

Either way, just give me a little advance notice (to make sure I'm not working) if you ever want to stop by and take a look at her. :)

I think a "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" would be awesome and hilarious! :D And I agree, summer is going by WAY to fast, but it will be nice when Halloween rolls around again
That's cool. I'll let you know when I'm going to be in town. Thanks!
By hardkore32
Greetings all,

I've been around in IL over the past 17 years; Lombard to Villa Park, then off to Schaumburg followed by Mt. Prospect, then Palatine - now I'm BACK in Villa Park IL. yea! (for the time being anyways) So where is this "map" I've read about? I'd like to add myself to IL.

GO BEARS!
By protonpackfan320
hello ppl from the state of IL
By pigeonfarmboy
Hey guys, new on the boards here. I'm down in Central IL just west of Champaign. Getting my costume components gathered up nicely so far.
By docshiv
pigeonfarmboy wrote:Hey guys, new on the boards here. I'm down in Central IL just west of Champaign. Getting my costume components gathered up nicely so far.
Sweet. I'm between Bloomington and Champaign.
By Genus_Unknown
I had no idea there were so many ghostheads nearby! do you guys ever have any meetups or anything??
By Magickman
Genus_Unknown wrote:I had no idea there were so many ghostheads nearby! do you guys ever have any meetups or anything??
I'd like to do a meet up some time when it gets a little warmer. I think that's a great idea.
By Genus_Unknown
I think thats a neat idea too. maybe we can organize a get-together for the spring? If anyone likes going to shows, i'm in a lo-fi metal/punk band too, if you wanted to 'make a night of it' :)
By ChevyEcto1
NW Burbs checking in.... Home of the Chicago Caprice Ecto 1. Planning on taking the Ecto on the 2010 Hot Rod Power tour in June. There's two empty seats in the car if anyone wants to join up !!
By GB_Nick
Hey, I'm Nick out of Springfield, IL and I'm back after a... 2 1/2 - 3 year hiatus thanks to college keeping me busy.
By hyperguyver2
Hey everyone James here reporting out of East Peoria!
By protokev
GB_Nick wrote:Hey, I'm Nick out of Springfield, IL and I'm back after a... 2 1/2 - 3 year hiatus thanks to college keeping me busy.
Welcome back!
By Magickman
hyperguyver2 wrote:Hey everyone James here reporting out of East Peoria!
It's getting nice to see more people in and around my area.
By DaRumbleFish
hey guys new to the board but i had to find my Illinois people. i'm from the south subs of Chicago. im a rookie buster just starting to build my gear. cant wait to look at my own suit and gear in aww . glad to be here and GO HAWKS bring Stanly back to the greatest city in the world
By hyperguyver2
heads up to any Central Illinois Busters I'm currently in the process of planning a get together for sometime around halloween to get some fellow busters to do a walk around town and maybe catch a few haunted houses let me know if your interested!

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]