For users in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
By GoGoGhoul
Hi,
I hear rumors that NH has one of the largest groups of Ghostbusters around. Perhaps it was NEW ENGLAND has one of the largest groups around. Either way I wanted to know a few things so pardon my naivety. I do have a few question that maybe anyone from the New England area could help me with. I live in NH , commute mostly to Boston, Portland and NYC and have all the gear and then some. I am not sure if the group of NE busters is ONE large group of ppl or a group of friends or little clusters Either way, I wanted to know if there is some way to join in on a group in any way. It seems like the groups A. are more fun, B. seems like you all probably help each other out with things. Assumption yes. and of course C. you stand out more in numbers and make an "entrance"
I currently am having issues with my gear due to last years freak Halloween snow storm and would like to hopefully join a group for fun, future times to gear up together an possible some help fixing my gear. I am quite good with problems solving and have just about every medium of supply to remedy situations however I am a bit at a loss. I have a busted bumper which someone made for me out of resin because I did not have something to make it out in my many mediums to do so. Also the sound board is completely fried due to someone putting, of ALL things...a magnet on my pack. To say I wanted to kill them would be an understatement.
All this being said I would really like general feedback on the New England busters groups, if you don't mind a new member or if any of you have a "work shop" of sorts for repairs. I could use the help close by and don't mind paying someone for their time if necessary. I assure you I am very easy to get a long with. I have been on enough sports teams to know how to work well with others, I have many friends of vastly different sets, I am polite and diplomatic but I admit I am rarely serious because joking around is much more fun. I have been told I am a living cartoon character because I am so animated and I also have been called "the cure for depression" Which is very nice of people to say. So I hope that gives whomever is reading this a preview into who I am and why I may work well in your group. I will do my best to represent the group well and help out in any way I can.

Thank you for your time, I hope to hear from anyone about this. As long as its not a "this post is violating everything" if that happens i am sorry, I read the rules long ago and if I forgot that part I apologize NOW for forgetting and posting this.
I do hope to get som[e feedback though.
-Cheers/b]

*sorry the image is blurry my friends grandmother shot it but I am getting a photoshoot with a pro photographer friend this Sept in full gear!*
There are actually two groups in New England, the Ghostbusters of New Hampshire and the Bay State Ghostbusters. The NHGB is well established in the area and has been around for a while, and the BSGB is just getting off the ground. If you're in NH, they might be the better fit, but I can't speak to any of their membership policies. On the other hand, if you don't mind making trips to Massachusetts, the BSGB would certainly be up to meeting with you and seeing if you're a good fit for the group.
Well GBNH does events all over New England, There are lots of GB's in New England, most of them are good people, Also alot of people don't want to join a team or have time for a team, mostly we are always willing to help each other out, and see each other at events wether they are on a team or not. So I guess your best bet is to meet up with people at events and see if you actually want to be on a team or just hang out with other Gb's
Crazy1van liked this
Wallabe wrote:There are actually three groups in New England, the Ghostbusters of New Hampshire, the Bay State Ghostbusters and The Maine Ghostbuters.

Fixed
Crazy1van liked this
Off Topic here:
But I always wondered why there wasn't a Salem Mass. franchise. The History of the town and all just seemed like a natural place for a franchise. instead of a no ghost logo they could replace the ghost with a witch on a broom. :D
cowbybill wrote:I always wondered why there wasn't a Salem Mass. franchise. The History of the town and all just seemed like a natural place for a franchise. instead of a no ghost logo they could replace the ghost with a witch on a broom. :D
I have a place in Salem, though I run with the NH guys. There's usually a group of guys who do stuff around Halloween time. They have kind of a junky stationwagon Ecto. I don't know any of them, and I don't know if they do anything during the rest of the year. I don't know anyone else who lives in the North Shore area specifically, but the Bay State guys are more in the Salem jurisdiction if you want to get technical.

And I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but the Salem Police actually use a witch on their badges/logo/cruisers:

So there's a real world version of the idea you had!

No doubt we're always there on Halloween night though, for sure. Near 50,000 people show up and they close down all of the major streets - it's just mass chaos of people running around in costume. It's really fun (especially for me, since I don't have to worry about parking or driving out at the end of the night...).
By c05ta
i deserve that, thank you vince for cleaning up that mess before it became nasty.
i really wasnt thinking with that post, and to be honest i was just in a foul mood and took it out on someone who really didnt deserve it.

I sincerely so apologize to Cory for that post, and i honestly hope that he did not read it. However if he did I hope that he can understand how sometimes you say things that aren't really meant or weren't necessary simply because venting helps you to deal with your personal stress.

Also i would like to say that the post that was deleted from NHVenkman was a post that was simply trying to respond to my post by saying how wrong i was. He was in no way doing anything wrong, but it was off topic, and with out my negative post it would not have made sense.
No worries man. I read it but brished it off. I appreciate the appology. I know how it is to vent. Being from New England we all tend to loose our filter. Water uunder the bridge.
Carpeteria wrote:
cowbybill wrote:I always wondered why there wasn't a Salem Mass. franchise. The History of the town and all just seemed like a natural place for a franchise. instead of a no ghost logo they could replace the ghost with a witch on a broom. :D
I have a place in Salem, though I run with the NH guys. There's usually a group of guys who do stuff around Halloween time. They have kind of a junky stationwagon Ecto. I don't know any of them, and I don't know if they do anything during the rest of the year. I don't know anyone else who lives in the North Shore area specifically, but the Bay State guys are more in the Salem jurisdiction if you want to get technical.

And I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but the Salem Police actually use a witch on their badges/logo/cruisers:

So there's a real world version of the idea you had!

No doubt we're always there on Halloween night though, for sure. Near 50,000 people show up and they close down all of the major streets - it's just mass chaos of people running around in costume. It's really fun (especially for me, since I don't have to worry about parking or driving out at the end of the night...).
That's a great patch! I may have to try and Procure one. That must be crazy on Halloween! Any town with a liquor store named this is all right by me:
I was there in the middle of summer hotter than hell but still had a good time, what made me think of the logo was the new paper machines:
If guys have any pictures of you all in gear roaming through Salem please let me know where I can see them (if they are posted anywhere)! I think it would be a blast to be there in gear. That is unless the Wiccans that live there get their panties in a wad about such things..Hell with it it'd still be fun! :D
cowbybill wrote: If guys have any pictures of you all in gear roaming through Salem please let me know where I can see them (if they are posted anywhere)! I think it would be a blast to be there in gear. That is unless the Wiccans that live there get their panties in a wad about such things..Hell with it it'd still be fun! :D
http://ghostbustersnh.com/media/halloween-2009

http://ghostbustersnh.com/media/halloween-2010

Ask and you shall receive!
cowbybill wrote: If guys have any pictures of you all in gear roaming through Salem please let me know where I can see them (if they are posted anywhere)! I think it would be a blast to be there in gear. That is unless the Wiccans that live there get their panties in a wad about such things..Hell with it it'd still be fun! :D
There are actually a couple more Bunghole Liquors around the North Shore area. That one you posted in Salem is probably the most photographed building in town. Seriously.

There are some photos around somewhere of FunkPunkTwang (Jon) and I from last Halloween. Not sure where they are. They're not super exciting.
By c05ta
The bunghole is actually just the hole in a mask or barrel used to pour fluids out.
Bunghole liquors was the second establishment in the united states to receive a liquor license after the repeal of prohibition in the late 1920's

Yet somehow knowing all that back story still does not prevent me from laughing about the name :D
the merchant they sell in there is hilarious too they have all kinds of shirts hats ans shot glasses that say things like "I got it in the bunghole" or simply "I love bunghole liquors".
Great Pictures! It looks like it's a blast. They used to do something in San Fransisco but due to rising crime during the street party they shut it down.
That's funny that the store is the most photographed building in town. I actually had to do a double take when I first saw it. Then had to buy some beer from there just because.
It's been like 9 years since I was there are all those witch museums still around? some were pretty bad and the pirate museum was just downright funny!
Oh yeah, it's witches year-round. They know where the cash is in that town. There are several witch-related museums/attractions around, ranging from historical to total ripoff-tourist traps. There are also year-round haunted house attractions, and that pirate museum is still there, too. Any given weekend, you can find people dressed up walking around, either in an official capacity or otherwise.

In October it goes into top speed - residents have to get parking passes just for the month, because it would be impossible to park anywhere otherwise. They turn most of the town into a sort of amusement park, and it's just loaded with tourists all month long (including, of course, Halloween). Most of the locals are annoyed by it, but I think it's kinda fun.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]