For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
That's right in the middle of Dragon*Con and Richmond Comic Con... if I went to this, I would be (1) broke, and (2) dead frickin' tired... or just dead... LOL! We will see...
Hey guys,

Relative newbie here. Still working on packs with my brother for him, myself, and my wife. Hoping to have them finished by August 29th for the theatrical re-release, but should definitely have them done by BCC. Still determining if we'll all be there.
Sorry for the double post...

Is anyone here the designer of the Maryland flag No-Ghost patch katarra8 sells? I really want to make a similar version, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes or make them think I am stealing their design.
I made the Original one, but its been updated since then, not sure who did it though.
While we're on the subject of Maryland peeps... I was out at Otakon back in 2010 and saw a couple of guys in GB gear, and it was my first look at proton packs up front and personal... were any of you guys out there back then?
Ketchum: Do you mind if I use it?

Pyhasanon: I'm a newbie here. Building three packs with my brother for him and my wife. One pack should be done this week and the other two (hopefully) shortly after that. We went out last year with just uniforms, and I can't wait to go out with a pack.
I'd really like to start a Baltimore based "franchise" and a few years ago, someone had mentioned having one, but there was no real drive there. I was thinking about starting the Greater Baltimore Ghostbusters (GBGB for short). I'd be willing to start the process and organize things, but I was hoping to see what the interest would be before I really dove in head first.

So what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Just as a side note, I'd be willing to make it a state wide franchise, but I didn't want to alienate the members from the more Western and Southern regions. I would also be up for a MD group, but maybe chapters in Baltimore, Western MD, Eastern Shore, Southern MD. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on that too!

Let me know in the replies here.
That could be interesting. I'm not sure if Maryland has really ever had one before...
By KyleS
I'm pretty sure there was a franchise here at some point, but I'm not sure they've been too active lately.

I'd definitely be interested in developing a franchise here and being more active! There was a gb showing at a library in severna park this past weekend and I planned to go, but decided against it. I may have gone if others were interested.
DrTaydusPE wrote:I'd really like to start a Baltimore based "franchise" and a few years ago, someone had mentioned having one, but there was no real drive there. I was thinking about starting the Greater Baltimore Ghostbusters (GBGB for short). I'd be willing to start the process and organize things, but I was hoping to see what the interest would be before I really dove in head first.

So what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Just as a side note, I'd be willing to make it a state wide franchise, but I didn't want to alienate the members from the more Western and Southern regions. I would also be up for a MD group, but maybe chapters in Baltimore, Western MD, Eastern Shore, Southern MD. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on that too!

Let me know in the replies here.
There is a Baltimore franchise. Send a PM to Wolfshark. She runs it.
By Ketchum
I used to be a member. I have since more or less retired from GB stuff. But yeah the team is still around.

And in 2010 I was a GB at Otakon you may have seen me.
By pyhasanon
Cool! I wish I had a photo...

Speaking of which, was anybody at Otakon over the weekend?
Nah, had some friends that went. I'll be at the Baltimore Comic-Con in September, but only on Sunday.
By sithluke
hey! long time lurker(I finally joined not too long ago), first time poster. I'm from Waldorf. I wasn't sure where I should post this or if I should post it at all, but I made a facebook page for Southern Maryland Ghostbusters. I wasn't really thinking; it was a kinda stupid to make it, .it's just me....and I'm not even close to being able to suit up. but even if I was, I don't know if there's a purpose for it(I don't know if there's enough Southern Maryland people to warrant starting a page for). if anyone is in the Southern Maryland area and would like to like/join or support, you're welcome to do so. otherwise, I'm probably going to delete it.

http://www.facebook.com/SoMDGhostbusters

I'll go back to lurking now lol
By pyhasanon
sithluke wrote:hey! long time lurker(I finally joined not too long ago), first time poster. I'm from Waldorf. I wasn't sure where I should post this or if I should post it at all, but I made a facebook page for Southern Maryland Ghostbusters. I wasn't really thinking; it was a kinda stupid to make it, .it's just me....and I'm not even close to being able to suit up. but even if I was, I don't know if there's a purpose for it(I don't know if there's enough Southern Maryland people to warrant starting a page for). if anyone is in the Southern Maryland area and would like to like/join or support, you're welcome to do so. otherwise, I'm probably going to delete it.

Hey there! I work down in Dahlgren, VA, so I'm just across the bridge from you!
By sithluke
pyhasanon wrote:
sithluke wrote:hey! long time lurker(I finally joined not too long ago), first time poster. I'm from Waldorf. I wasn't sure where I should post this or if I should post it at all, but I made a facebook page for Southern Maryland Ghostbusters. I wasn't really thinking; it was a kinda stupid to make it, .it's just me....and I'm not even close to being able to suit up. but even if I was, I don't know if there's a purpose for it(I don't know if there's enough Southern Maryland people to warrant starting a page for). if anyone is in the Southern Maryland area and would like to like/join or support, you're welcome to do so. otherwise, I'm probably going to delete it.

Hey there! I work down in Dahlgren, VA, so I'm just across the bridge from you!
oh, awesome! it's been a few years since I've been over that way(had an ex that lived in King George) but yeah, not too far away.
rcaudill82 wrote:Really? Nothing on this... So is there no more franchise in Baltimore /Maryland?
Oddly enough, I live in Parkville, as well. I've never been too active with the Baltimore franchise and I'm not sure what they do anymore, but I'm game for getting more organized.
There are two members who have done events with the GBVA and NOVA GB's in the past... not sure if they have GBFans accounts, but they definitely had Maryland GB patches on... Good people... ^_^
Sorry, I saw the message weeks back and got sidetracked before responding. Life has been kind of upside down the last few weeks, just getting back. Similar to a few other people, I haven't gotten much response out of the Baltimore Ghostbusters group/public pages on facebook.

I was going to start my own franchise just to get one going. My brother, my wife and I are all fully equipped. We've done a handful of events/cons (30th theatrical rerelease, Midnight Madness in Ellicott City, FCBD, Wizard World Philly). We connected with someone out of Baltimore to roam around Fells Point back on St. Patrick's Day. Also got in touch with a guy from a Marvel cosplay group that said he and his wife still have some GB gear, and wouldn't mind doing some events.

But if anyone is looking for a meet-up out on the horizon, some of the Baltimore parks have posting their summer outdoor movie schedules; Bromo Art Districts is playing Ghostbusters Tuesday September 15th. The park they're showing it at is 200 W Lexington St.
OK so far I've heard from KyleS and grantofkings I say if you guys are serious let's try and get this thing rolling. Since the Baltimore GB franchise is already named maybe we should just stick with the Maryland GB. Let's hear everyone's thoughts and hopefully we can put this thing together.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]