For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By duke009
So I've been here in VA, for the last 2 months and i completely forgot to mention it like i said i would. I am currently in Woodbridge.
SPJ liked this
By Gozer121
So I'll just do the newbie introduction here. I've wanted to go with full-on costume for 10 or so years, but my fear of royally screwing up doing it by myself held me back until Mattel started coming out with replicas. Since buying everything they've put out, not only do I want to tackle the challenge more, I've also inspired some friends at work to do the same. A PM from anyone who can give me more information as to what the Richmond franchise is all about would be greatly appreciated.
SPJ liked this
By Gozer121
I'm quite interested in learning more about the Richmond franchise. I have a few friends who are also interested in building equipment, but we are all apprehensive about doing it without someone whose been through it at least once looking over our shoulders. A PM would be great.
Also, in case you guys weren't aware, there will be a Wizard World Richmond this year Sept. 12 - 14.
SPJ liked this
By pyhasanon
Just moved to Colonial Beach, VA... Active Duty Military (US Navy) working at Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, VA... Unfortunately, almost in the middle of nowhere... But, at least we have a cool rail gun! =P
SPJ liked this
By goldenhawk
duke009 wrote:So I've been here in VA, for the last 2 months and i completely forgot to mention it like i said i would. I am currently in Woodbridge.
Woodbridge is close enough to the NOVA GB Group. I'll let you know if we have any events coming up. I currently trying to work out a possible event for Free Comic Book Day on May 3 at Victory Comics in Falls Church.
By duke009
goldenhawk wrote:
duke009 wrote:So I've been here in VA, for the last 2 months and i completely forgot to mention it like i said i would. I am currently in Woodbridge.
Woodbridge is close enough to the NOVA GB Group. I'll let you know if we have any events coming up. I currently trying to work out a possible event for Free Comic Book Day on May 3 at Victory Comics in Falls Church.
awesome, cool
By Hijacker
pyhasanon wrote:Just moved to Colonial Beach, VA... Active Duty Military (US Navy) working at Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, VA... Unfortunately, almost in the middle of nowhere... But, at least we have a cool rail gun! =P

You're in my neck of the woods. I'm in Fredericksburg. Used to live in Hampton Roads for the past few years.

Wife and I are both prior service (I was USAF and she was USN). What's your rate? She was an MM1 on the Roosevelt.
SPJ liked this
By pyhasanon
I'm an Aegis Fire Controlman (FC1)... Been in about 9 years, was forward deployed for 4 years in Japan on the USS Lassen (DDG 82), and then commissioned the USS William P. Lawrence (DDG 110) out of Pascagoula, MS... Was stationed in San Diego for about 3 years, and now I'm here in Dahlgren for shore duty...
By Hijacker
Bumpin' this up. I've been busy the past few months. I ended up picking up a part time job to fill in the downtime while I'm in school, but it quickly inflated to overtime hours while doing full time school.

I did, however, take some time to develop a good pack light circuit in circuit wizard. The next step is to do some PIC programming to remove the reliance on 555 timers and sync in audio clips. Then, I'll probably end up building a cheap amp to run a low power speaker before I finalize the board design and look into finding some place to print a few boards.

I'm hoping some of the local theaters are going to carry Ghostbusters when it's re-released in August so I can drag my kids to it. My 3 year old has been entranced by the movies for a few months now. He pretty much watches them daily right now.
SPJ liked this
By Alex41
I guess I should have mentioned this earlier but my wife and I got stationed up here in April. She is AirForce but we live on Fort Belvoir. I too am hoping to get together with some fellow busters for the re release so lets see if we can start a meet up or something in this area. I am willing to host a prop build or simple get together at our place. It's base housing but it's off base so no ID check crap. lol.
By pyhasanon
A couple of us did a "Walk to Defeat ALS" at the 24th Street Park in Virginia Beach today... 3 miles in full gear in 80 degrees, but was still a good time for a good cause... There are some photos floating around Facebook... will upload some once I get a chance to get on my computer...
SPJ liked this
By Alex41
The wife is all on board to host here some time.....probably should have run it past her before I suggested it here but, all's good. :D

I've been busy making her a pack from MDF this past week and am finished with the "shell" and am almost halfway finished with the gun body. LMK if any one wants to swing by this Saturday.....hell today at this point. PM me. Alex.
By Hijacker
Alex, I'm always down for a group get together. Ft Belvior isn't too far away thankfully. This past weekend, I was working a lot and dealing with some family stuff. I didn't get much time to work on my pack buck. Thankfully, I made up for that the past two days and have it 90% completed. Just gotta put the puzzle together and finish making the cyclotron.
By Alex41
That's ok...Saturday was the only free day I had and I typed the invite out Friday night/Saturday morning. Sunday I had to drive to Delaware for a transmission for my daily driver. Effing tolls around here....It cost me 24 bucks to go there and back and I only went 4 miles into Delaware. This ain't Texas any more...lol.

That being said, anyone got plans this weekend? I'm still plugging away at the wife's pack and am nearly at a stop-to-order-parts phase. We can work on your projects or just drink beer and try to figure out a 30th movie plan.
By Hijacker
I open at Lowes on Saturday, so 0530-1430 that day. I might be able to convince the wife to let me skip off for the evening. My weekends are going to free up in a few more weeks when I head back to school for the fall semester. I wouldn't mind just getting together, having a beer, and doing some pack work.
By pyhasanon
That all depends on if I make it to Dragon*Con or not, and other things going on in my life and work...
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:Seems the AMC LOEWS Georgetown 14 in DC is the closest to us, bro...
Parking there sucks. Any listings for AMC at Tysons Corner.
By pyhasanon
Not that I saw... All I did was a search on Fandango for theaters nearby that has the movie scheduled... There could be more sources of info that I'm unfamiliar with...
By Hijacker
I'm going to be calling theaters in the area. Probably also call some of the theaters in the 757 (AMC 24, Hampton A&S IMAX) to see if they're going to be showing the movie. From what I understand, Fandango's list is pretty thin compared to what's really going to be showing.
By pyhasanon
I hear Lynnhaven AMC will be showing it... Dan AKA has the contact info for them if we want to do an event... will look around for closer venues when I have the chance...

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]