For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
ScullyRaptor wrote:It will be awesome to meet people in person after lurking for such a long time. I hope to join the parade if there is still room to march-- Will this thread be the one used to update with info about the staging areas and stuff?
Yes. You can also check the PKE Surge facebook group as well.

And speaking of staging areas....Red is the parade route, staging is in green.

Parade starts at 10:00am we usually start lining up around 8:30 or 9:00 (Cars need to line up at 8:00)

The parade will be held rain or shine.

And remember for con-specific stuff there is the Dragoncon app and of course http://dragoncon.org/
On the subject of the movie screening.

The nearest theater showing the film is Phipps plaza which unfortunately is in a mall and positioned where there isn't a way to have the 59 Ecto-1 outside like we had hoped.

Also the Phipps management was...less than helpful.

So the plan is to get a big group together and migrate up to the theatre on Friday night. 7:20 is probably the best time. We would need to take marta up to the Lenox station and walk a few blocks over to the Phipps Plaza mall.

Our feeling is there will be plenty of tickets available but to be 100% safe pre order might be a good idea.
Are you coming to Dragon*Con this year? What about PKE Surge?

Well the Zappa Kappa Trappa Scavenger Hunt is back with ALL NEW amazing prizes donated by the Ghostbusters community, we have over 600 dollars in prizes this year donated by AJ Quick, George Doogan, Throwing Chicken, Jacob Walsh and even our resident dental professional Borzou Ouranos! Many thanks to those who donated the prizes to what will surely be the best PKE Surge yet!

1st Place ZKT Scavenger Hunt
“Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Celebration Package”
Gold Ghostbusters Fans Membership
Throwing Chicken Thrower Kit
Gallery 84 Ghostbusters Print
Ghostbusters Ribbon Cable
Heavy Props Sound Module
Polar Lights ECTO-1 Model Kit
Prize value of $200.00!
2nd Place ZKT Scavenger Hunt
“Ghostbusters II 25th Anniversary Celebration Package”
Silver Ghostbusters Fans Membership
Jacob Walsh Original Art
Ghostbusters II Belt Fob Set
Ghostbusters Tin Lunch Box
ERTL ECTO-1A Model Kit
Prize value of $150.00!

3rd Place ZKT Scavenger Hunt
“PKE Surge Stark Raving Mad Package”
Regular Ghostbusters Fans Membership
Throwing Chicken Arc Reactor Fossil
Ghostbusters Tin Lunch Box
Prize value of $115.00!

4th Place ZKT Scavenger Hunt
"Where do these stairs go? Package"
Ghostbusters Logo Silicone Tray
Ghostbusters Slimer Silicone Tray
Prize value of $30.00!

5th Place ZKT Scavenger Hunt
"They go up. Package"
Ghostbusters Logo Silicone Tray
Ghostbusters Slimer Silicone Tray
Prize value of $30.00!

But wait, we had so many prizes that this year we will be including some extra fun to some of our CRUNCH Award winners! Good luck these year Ghostheads, and can't wait to see you at the PKE Surge Dinner on Saturday!

CRUNCH Gold Awards “Best Representation of a Ghostbuster”
Custom Sketch IDW Ghostbusters Comic

CRUNCH Gold Awards “Iron Man Award”
Pop! Toasted Stay-Puft Marshallow Man Figure

CRUNCH Gold Awards “Best Female Ghostbuster”
Pop! Dr. Ray Stantz Figure

CRUNCH Gold Awards “Best Original Prop”
Pop! Dr. Egon Spengler Figure

CRUNCH Silver Awards “Best Kids Costume”
Pop! Dr. Peter Venkman Figure
Pop! Slimer Figure

CRUNCH Spoof Awards “Nice Job You Did Award”
Pop! Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man Figure
Chace liked this
lunchbox739 wrote:I wouldn't rush your build.... wear your flightsuit and whatever you have finished so far... come out and do the damned thang o.O
This^
In light of the theater not being cooperative and my having to leave immediately after the parade concludes, I am offering the opportunity for a photo session with The Ect-OHIO before the movie in the parking lot of Phipps Plaza by the entrance that leads to the theater. I'll arrive sometime around 6:30. I highly encourage you to show up early and get your pictures taken!
Dan AKA, Carpeteria, Chace liked this
I also posted this on the Facebook page, but I am going to post it here too.

I am helping to write the rules for the scavenger hunt this year. Last year there was some confusion over the rules, so I am going to clarify some key points:

1. Interpretation of the rules are solely at ZKT’s discretion. Please use common sense!

2. FULL GEAR = FLIGHT SUIT, BOOTS, PROTON PACK !

3. Proton pack = The prop. No toy or inflatable packs. No vacuum cleaners.

If you have any questions on one of the scavenger hunt challenges or the three main rules, please ask before hand.
Scavenger hunt challenges will be issued at Dragon Con 2014 and not before.

EDIT: Also, prize list is subject to change as we are still getting donations.
Chace liked this
Borzou wrote:I also posted this on the Facebook page, but I am going to post it here too.

I am helping to write the rules for the scavenger hunt this year. Last year there was some confusion over the rules, so I am going to clarify some key points:

1. Interpretation of the rules are solely at ZKT’s discretion. Please use common sense!

2. FULL GEAR = FLIGHT SUIT, BOOTS, PROTON PACK !

3. Proton pack = The prop. No toy or inflatable packs. No vacuum cleaners.

If you have any questions on one of the scavenger hunt challenges or the three main rules, please ask before hand.
Scavenger hunt challenges will be issued at Dragon Con 2014 and not before.

EDIT: Also, prize list is subject to change as we are still getting donations.
So I know I already totally annoyed you on Facebook, but I have a few other silly questions... <3

I know some girls do the Dickies dress instead of the flight suit, so I guess I'm wondering if that counts as a "flight suit"? And with the dress, boots look kinda dorky so usually I wear tights and heels... (trust me, they are just as uncomfortable as boots if it is pain you are trying to even out) so I'm wondering your thoughts on uniform specifics re: gender differences?

PS: I totally thought about just asking you guys privately but I figured if other girls were coming they might have similar questions... :)

PSS: And thank you guys so much for putting this stuff on!!! I know this con is meant to be fun for everyone and figuring this stuff out can be super stressful, so thanks for taking it on.
Carpeteria liked this
EDIT: dress, heals, and 3/4 scaled packs are okay. workshirt, pants, and, and regular shoes not okay.
Chace, Carpeteria liked this
Carpeteria wrote:What about accurate to semi-accurate body paint?
Get out.
Update for those bringing Ectos

ALL parade vehicles need to be at staging NO LATER THAN 9:00 AM on
Saturday morning, August 30. Please let me know if you anticipate NOT
being able to meet the window.

The staging area will be locked down with steel barricades by 8:30 AM this
year. Lock down does not change when you have to arrive but rather we hope
it will enable us to keep the transient traffic out of the area, making it
easier and quicker for everyone to get into place.

The barriers are moveable, like a gate. When you arrive at your
designated entry point for staging, tell the parade team member manning it
who you are and they'll check you off the staging list and direct you into
place.

Marchers and vehicles will be merged into parade sections at a central
point (West Peachtree STREET at West Peachtree PLACE), please be ready to
move 'on deck' when directed to do so by a parade team member. Please
refer to the Participant map that's attached.

Only drivers and passengers may stay in the Vehicle Staging area. Please
let me know if your vehicle is better staged with the marchers ('people
powered' or very small scale).

The Ecto 1s should enter the staging area from Ivan Allen Blvd.
at West Peachtree STREET:

You can refer to the previously posted map to find that.
Chace, you mentioned being there no later than 9:00am and being barricaded at 8:30AM, I'm confused, I think you meant be there no later than 8AM, right?
Martog wrote:Chace, you mentioned being there no later than 9:00am and being barricaded at 8:30AM, I'm confused, I think you meant be there no later than 8AM, right?
That was a cut and paste from what they sent me...but if you read on
Lock down does not change when you have to arrive but rather we hope it will enable us to keep the transient traffic out of the area, making it easier and quicker for everyone to get into place.

The barriers are moveable, like a gate. When you arrive at your designated entry point for staging, tell the parade team member manning it who you are and they'll check you off the staging list and direct you into place.

So again, the barriers are going up at 8:30 before the final call time of 9:00, they won't let vehicles in after 9...so if you get there at say 8:45, the barrier will be up but they can open and let you in....basically the idea is to cut out non-parade traffic a little earlier than last year so its easier to get the parade cars in place.

That said, you are correct I personally suggest you try to get the vehicles in place around 8:00.
Chace wrote:I just got verification today that there will be a slight change from previous years, this year the fan table will be in the Hilton on the 2nd floor near the escalators above the lobby. The fan table will be up Fri-Sunday.
I wonder how that will pan out, I know the Hyatt we were by the Art Show which had decent traffic and the Hilton is normally the gaming hotel.

Also I am really excited about this addition to Dragon Con, seems they are taking note on how us furry conventioneers do things.
We are excited to announce that we will be adding a Cospitality Lounge courtesy of Riot Games’ League of Legends on the SkyLine (10th Floor of the Marriott). Feel free to stop by to make repairs on costumes, grab a water to keep you hydrated or to simply relax and chat! No cameras will be allowed so it’s also an excellent escape to get away from the chaos of the convention floors.

Are you an attendee that enjoys hanging out on the 10th Floor? Don’t worry – you will still be welcome to enjoy the remaining space when not in use for convention events.
Everyone keeps hydrated and watch your temperatures and make this the best Dragon Con and PKE Surge yet!
You won't get them in time for Surge, but I just received a code for 15% off all shirts today through Sept. 2. Use code SHIRTS15 at checkout.
bpontheair wrote:Image

Surge '14 shirts? Yes, have some! Various colors and sizes are available for each shirt. If you want kid shirts, etc., please let me know. Early ordering recommended so they arrive in time for DC. Egon design available in blue, green and red.

Designed by Savann Mok of the Louisiana GBs. All credit and thanks to that beautiful, wonderful man!

http://alabamagb.spreadshirt.com/pke-surge-C150509
This is the most recent draft of the schedule of events, all things related to GB:

PKE Surge 2014 Schedule!

Thursday

Ghostbusters Fan Stream-Crossing: 30th Anniversary of Mass Hysteria
-10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
-Marriott M303-M304
This panel will remind us of when you tried to drill a hole in your head. Additional Panelists: Sacha Dzuba, Jason de la Torre, Shaun Rosado

Friday

Fan Table Set-up
-Hilton on the 2nd floor near the escalators above the lobby
The fan table will be up Friday-Sunday.

ZKT Scavenger Hunt Commences
-PKE Surge Fan Table, Hilton 2nd floor near the escalators above the lobby
The 2nd annual ZKT photo/video scavenger hunt commences! Bring a camera to record video and take pictures for hunt.

Ghostbusters: The Movie
-7:30 p.m.
-AMC Phipps Plaza 14, 3500 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
You've seen the fandom, now watch the movie! Loren will have in 1959 Ecto-1 in the parking lot for pictures before hand, so try to get there early (around 6:00 p.m.)

Crashing Karaoke at the Metro
-10:00 p.m.
-The Metro
What happens at the Metro stays at the Metro.

Saturday

The DragonCon Parade
-10:00 a.m.
-Click Here to see map!
Starting lining up at the parade at around 8. Cars should arrive no later than 9 a.m.

Real Ghostbusters: The Best & The Beautiful
-4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
-Marriott M303-M304
Favorite episodes are discussed with a crowd of gatekeepers and keymasters. Additional Panelists: John Bo Belaski, Jason De la Torre, Tegan Hendrickson

PKE Surge Dinner and Awards
-7:00 p.m.
-Mellow Mushroom
The annual PKE Surge Dinner. Do not bring packs or large equipment, there is simply not enough room. Bring extra patches or promotional material for swapping. The annual PKE Surge awards will be also at this dinner

Sunday

Conclusion of ZKT Scavenger Hunt
- 5:00 p.m.
- PKE Surge Table - Hilton 2nd Floor
Where our heroes tally the points and give the awards.

Monday
No events planned
The movie is at 7:20 as opposed to 7:30 as posted. It's a bit of a small house, with only maybe 25 percent of the reserved seats taken, but you may want to pre-reserve a seat via Fandango. I doubt it will sell out, but the seating chart was smaller than I expected.
The Scavenger Hunt so far.3

1. Happiness Index - Not done yet
2.His name is Oscar, named after a hot dog you poor man - Not done yet
3. Now is the season of Evil
4. No bozos
5.Yeah, they call him the hammer
6. Exhibit F
7.we be fast and they be slow -not done yet
8. your ordinary household toaster - not done yet
9. I've worked with better, but not many
Angry face
Sexy Face
10. Hey you guys got another one of those proton packs? My kid brother really wants one
Doorman at the Sheraton
11. Was it by Dino? - not done yet
12. Ahh come on, theres always room for jello - not done yet
13. Lets frost it
14. How do you feel? ..Groovy - Not done yet
15 You've earned it - Not done yet
16. Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every new yorkers god given right - Not done yet
17. death is but a door, time is but a window, Ill be back - not done yet
18. Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?
19. Its slime time. - not done yet
20. Theres so many holes in first avenue, we really didnt think anyone would notice
21. Who ya gonna call? HE MAN - not done yet

Bonus
1. We had part of a slinky, but I straightened it - not done
2. and you dont want us exposing ourselves - not done
3. The ole man eating toaster bit - not done
4. Boy this equipment is heavy - not done
5. Higher and Higher - not done
6. would you hose him please? - not done
Loren will not be able to bring is car to the theater as the parking lot is super sketchy. He will be bringing it to the parade.
I apologize guys, I should've looked at the lot before today but it doesn't look like it'd be in the car's best interest to bring it to the screening. I will get there extra early tomorrow to make up for it! Again, I'm sorry that I burst a few bubbles this evening.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]