For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
OK on the serious tip.....wait. Did I just quote "Another Bad Creation"? Hrm....oh well...

Anyway here's the official PKE Surge updates...

Guests and panels are still unknown...We do know Ernie has a conflict and won't be there and Ray Parker Jr and The Bus Boys declined...Their manager was all about it, but apparently Mr. Parker feels cons are "beneath him" Either way we should have at least a couple fan driven panels...

On the upside, the fan table and parade stuff is in place. This year they have had WAAAY more people ask or spots in the parade than in years past so based on previous numbers we have 100 marchers slated and 5 cars....

Currently I know we'll have Loren's NYPD lead car and 59 MM, my magnum, and I assume Chris Sheets car....that only leaves one space so IF YOU PLAN ON HAVING AN ECTO IN THE PARADE LET ME KNOW OR YOU MAY BE TURNED AWAY!!!!! I'm sure we'll have enough for marchers...as we've done every year you can either get your ribbon in advance at the fan table or at the parade itself.

Then there's the movie screening...we were originally going to have one at the con, but then the studio shocked us with the screening announcement which happens to be the Friday of the con.

We are working to find a theater close to the con that will be screening the film and will have room for the NYPD car and of course the 59 ECTO so they can be on display for pics.

Awards are about to be molded, and we're working on a mixer type thing for Saturday night too and of course the annual dinner....

You should come...its fun.

Also, sorry this video is from 2010....we've all been having too much fun in the years since to tape it.
Gareee liked this
Damn, Dan looks so much younger all clean shaven... LOL!

Anywho, doing my best to be there for at least Saturday's events... Almost 100% sure work is NOT going to grant me any kind of leave for this, so I'm pretty much making the 10-hour drive to GA right after I get off of work on Friday, and start screaming back to VA on Sunday... It's gonna suck, gonna be hella tired, but I am damned sure that it'll be worth it...
Dan AKA liked this
By the way, Chace, how about Robin Shelby and William Bryan? Those would be cool additions...
pyhasanon wrote:By the way, Chace, how about Robin Shelby and William Bryan? Those would be cool additions...
DC staff have a list of like 20 people we'd like to have, both of them are on the list.

The problem is we don't have our own budgeted programming track. We fall into the American Sci Fi classics track.

Here are just a few other films in that track that are ALSO celebrating their 30th this year....

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo
C.H.U.D.
Hardbodies
Ice Pirates
Night of the Comet
Repo Man
Revenge of the Nerds
Screwballs
Silent Night Deadly Night
The Last Starfighter
The Toxic Avenger
Dune
Purple Rain
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Gremlins

So there's that...and there are still more movies that fall into the category.

So the budget for the track has to be split up quite a bit. :(

But we're working on it.
Hell, with that 30th list, there should just be a 30th track this year!
Carpeteria wrote:As far as I've heard, Fernando is planning on driving the FernEcto down, so that's another potential vehicle for the parade.

Well, he drove it down last year too but didn't put it in the parade, because he realized how much cooler it was to std up and ride my car.

Well, you can always use your GB uniform for the parade, then get dressed up again later! Not unless you wanted to try your new costume during the parade...
bpontheair liked this
Chace wrote:
Carpeteria wrote: because he realized how much cooler it was to std up and ride my car.

That was actually supposed to be STAND UP, not STD up...though I'm sure he spread a few STD's in there.

Anyway I have heard from Nando and he is in so the official car lineup looks line this....

Loren's NYPD car and 59 Ecto, My Ectomagnum, Chris Sheets' EcotXB, Nando's Ecto-Nissan.

Those are ALL the vehicle slots...if anyone else has an Ecto and wants to participate PLEASE POST HERE!!!!

I know the Carolina fellas surprised us with theirs last year, but luckily we had room then, again according to the DC Parade folks only these 5 will roll unless I let them know ASAP!
Carpeteria liked this
pyhasanon wrote:Well, you can always use your GB uniform for the parade, then get dressed up again later! Not unless you wanted to try your new costume during the parade...
The new one is for the parade. I've commissioned a custom piece from Punished Props, and I can't wait to get it and show it off. I guess it really all depends on if I get the rest of the costume done in time.
Dan AKA wrote:Booooo!
I know, man. I've been yelling that at myself for a few months. I'll GB it up the rest of the con, though.
Is there a signup to march in the parade? Unlike past years my girlfriend and I are getting actual real tickets to the con and I'm getting at least Saturday off to make it!

I'm even getting a new uniform ready. Managed to wrangle an extra-tall size so it doesn't lift and separate quite as much.
TankHammer wrote:Is there a signup to march in the parade? Unlike past years my girlfriend and I are getting actual real tickets to the con and I'm getting at least Saturday off to make it!

I'm even getting a new uniform ready. Managed to wrangle an extra-tall size so it doesn't lift and separate quite as much.
No sign up you just pick up a parade ribbon either from the fan table or at the parade itself. We always request 100 as that's the max you cans do and we always have ribbons left over.
I'll be coming this year and as always I'll have my car with me if there's room as I have someone to drive it, if not that's cool, I'm walking the parade either way.
Chace liked this
And for future DragonCons Chace, we will bring our Ecto-1 every year unless you hear from us otherwise. So you can always plan on us for the lineup. We love having her in the parade.

Hope the DC guys will make an exception for us. Does three consecutive years in the parade count enough for tenure?
Chace liked this
CarolinaGhostbusters wrote:And for future DragonCons Chace, we will bring our Ecto-1 every year unless you hear from us otherwise. So you can always plan on us for the lineup. We love having her in the parade.

Hope the DC guys will make an exception for us. Does three consecutive years in the parade count enough for tenure?
Duly noted!

I'm gonna hit them up for spaces for you and Martog, maybe having the full list will help...I'll post back as soon as I hear but be warned her exact words in the email were "I'm not sure I can go over 5 spaces for vehicles"

But we'll see what happens...also I DID mention in the request that you guys have been there loyally for the past 3 years making the trip in a car that gets shabby gas mileage...so maybe that'll help
Chace wrote:
CarolinaGhostbusters wrote:And for future DragonCons Chace, we will bring our Ecto-1 every year unless you hear from us otherwise. So you can always plan on us for the lineup. We love having her in the parade.

Duly noted!

I'm gonna hit them up for spaces for you and Martog, maybe having the full list will help...I'll post back as soon as I hear but be warned her exact words in the email were "I'm not sure I can go over 5 spaces for vehicles"

But we'll see what happens...also I DID mention in the request that you guys have been there loyally for the past 3 years making the trip in a car that gets shabby gas mileage...so maybe that'll help
But the kids love us....

Thanks! Hopefully she'll be nice about it.
OK so I just got final word on the vehicle count....

Overall there are 60 vehicles already registered for the parade this year, including one bus,6 floats and up to 4 big vehicles from The Armory programming track. If they all show up, that's the absolute max that they can accommodate within the staging area.

BUT after some negotiation, we will be allowed 6 cars, which is now the official maximum allowed per group.

So that will be Loren's NYPD car and 59 Ecto, My Ectomagnum, Chris Sheets' EcotXB, Nando's Ecto-Nissan, and the Carolina Ecto.

Sorry Martog, you know I love you but since they have been there for the past three years I had to back them...the good news is your car is on the top of the standby list so if someone doesn't show up, they'll squeeze you in!

So as far as cars go, the DC parade is officially CLOSED!
YHSCraig liked this
Sounds good, Chace.

And thank you for negotiating with the DragonCon folks on our behalf and on behalf of the all the GB groups as a whole. I know that's a lot of hard work and it doesn't go unnoticed or unthanked.
Chace liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]