For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By Chace
WOW! I NEVER expected to be talking about Surge this early....I mean its on Labor Day Weekend!

Anyhoo, preplanning is in effect. We will of course have some tributes to our fallen comrade Ryan Kemp in store....

But the first issue to tackle is the parade.

This weekend parade entries opened and closed in two days....we have slots for 100 gbs (passes to be given out at the parade as usual) and 4 vehicles. (excluding mine)

So if you plan on bringing an Ecto, let me know ASAP so I can secure your position!

Also for the few who have no idea what I'm talking about, PKE Surge is the world's largest annual gathering of Ghostbusters Fans held at DragonCon in Atlanta Ga on Labor Day weekend, for more on the con itself check http://dragoncon.org/ for Surge updates stay tuned here or check https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385840801635127/ and for an example of what the GB's bring to the DragonCon parade check this amazing video https://vimeo.com/122876650
There are 4 host hotels, all were full I believe in December...

But there are satellite hotels nearby and the host hotels tend to open up blocks of rooms from time to time, you just have to keep a watch on it.
Bill McNeill Ecto Suv from Eastern Seaboard got the last spot, the others were
Gary Alewine Magnum from SC
Chris Sheetz Ecto XB
Nick Dayhoff Ecto 2H (Harley Davidson)
and me in the GAGB Jeep

Chris has said he'll step down if someone from out of state that has never run a car in the parade before wants his slot.

Also we were only allotted 5 vehicle slots this year which is nice since we only had three show up last year
Chace wrote:Bill McNeill Ecto Suv from Eastern Seaboard got the last spot, the others were
Gary Alewine Magnum from SC
Chris Sheetz Ecto XB
Nick Dayhoff Ecto 2H (Harley Davidson)
and me in the GAGB Jeep

Chris has said he'll step down if someone from out of state that has never run a car in the parade before wants his slot.

Also we were only allotted 5 vehicle slots this year which is nice since we only had three show up last year
Understandable, we would like to see ours run at the parade, but if not, it's all good.
One of the biggest complaints we've gotten during PKE Surge is the Ghostbusters Panel room is too small...

The bad news is we do not have our own programming track so we share space with the American SciFI Classics Track...

The GOOD News is those guys are awesome and all of the fandoms within are awesome, and DragonCon recognized that, so we're getting a bigger space!!!!

NO MORE TETRIS ROOM!!! It's three rooms made into one!

Though don't worry, we're still in the Marriott, and the same level even! We just moved to the other side of the building, near Security. So we'll all be safe and secure. There are also still bathrooms nearby, but we'll no longer be downwind of it. So no more having to suppress your gag reflex to get to the room late at night.

See our handy graphic!

So for those that didn't hear the episode of Lets Have Some....the announcement was there will be a Screening of the new Documentary Ghostheads at DragonCon as a part of PKE Surge!

It will take place Saturday night at 7....a Q+A will follow with director Brendan Paul Mertens and several of the Ghostheads featured in the doc!

Sorry for the delay folks! here's the PKE Surge 2016 Tentative Schedule:

Thursday: Arrival and Fan Table Set-Up
Friday: 7-10 PM Ghostbusters Gathering at Hyatt Lobby Bar
Saturday: 10AM Parade, 7-9PM Ghostheads screening and panel
Sunday: 2-4PM Mellow Mushroom, PKE Surge Awards Lunch

While subject to change, this is pretty well locked in.

Parade route and lineup are the same as last year, as always we have 100 parade armbands (the max we could get) they will be available first come first served at the enterance to the staging area
Some parade info (exact staging area info won't be announced till about a week out)

The parade begins at Peachtree and Linden at 10am sharp! (same route as last year)

I personally advise walking to the lineup rather than taking the shuttle due to cramped space and possibility of damaging a pack, but for those interested...

PARADE PARTICIPANT SHUTTLE INFO. Preliminary information only. More to come. Attaching the parade participant shuttle route map. It is the same as last year. One pick up at the Marriott (Courtland Street side) and one drop off at staging (North Ave, Presbyterian Church). The shuttle will run from 7:00 AM until 9:30 AM (last pick up at the Marriott). I do not yet know how may actual buses will be dedicated to this route. The regular Dragon Con shuttles will also be running (refer to the web site for that information). WARNING: DO NOT TAKE ANY SHUTTLE TO STAGING THAT LEAVES THE MARRIOTT AFTER 9:30 AM. YOu WILL NOT MAKE IT TO STAGING IN TIME TO GET INTO PLACE BEFORE WE LAUNCH THE PARADE. DO NOT DO IT! JUST DON'T.

Hey, everyone! New to this forum but been participating in D*C for a few years. I unfortunately get in super-late Friday evening because of my teaching schedule and will miss the hang out. Is there a GB photoshoot opportunity planned? Didn't see one on the photoshoot FB page. Looking forward to seeing many GB cosplayers around the con!
Ok PKE Surge...kateers? Here's what we have lined up this year.

Thursday: Arrival and Fan Table Set-Up (fan Table will be in the Hilton)

Friday: 10AM Bust scavenger hunt begins 7-10 PM Ghostbusters Gathering at Hyatt Lobby Bar https://www.facebook.com/events/1817741628458357/

Saturday: 10AM Parade, 7-9PM Ghostheads (Director's Cut) screening and panel

Sunday: 10am Bust Ends at Fan Table point calculations take place 2-4PM Mellow Mushroom, PKE Surge Awards Lunch

Sheets for this year's Scavenger Hunt or Bust, will be available at the fan table Friday Morning, a sample sheet for the bust will be linked here.

This year we have prizes donated by GhostCorps, Cryptozoic, Funko, GBFans.com, and Diamond Select among others...

And Special Thanks to Hal Clay for creating this year's awards

Remember PKE Surge T-Shirts are available at https://shop.spreadshirt.com/alabamagb/ ... Cache=true

So without further ado, here's a look at that scavenger hunt sheet and a sneak peek at some of the awesome stuff we'll be giving away!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]