Ok so here's a long overdue update! I decided to rebuild my battery box some time ago as it was a little too tall for my trap, not leaving enough room for my trap handle. I also wanted to get some extra space in the back there by using a different method of build, namely, you guessed it, Aluminium!

I started out by measuring the old box, reducing the height by a few mm and transferring the dimensions to the metal sheet

Marking the cutouts for the fold over parts

Then it was onto my new box and pan brake to start folding

So far so good. Some of my cutouts weren't needed as it happens. Oh well it's a learning curve!

A bit more folding and this is what I ended up with

Yes I know, it's bigger than the original one! I failed to allow for the folds adding extra height and it seems to have added width too but I'll have to do a bit of post-match analysis to see where I stuffed up. Lots more space back there though :)

On the whole though I'm quite pleased with the first attempt. I suppose it was unrealistic to expect that I would get it right first time around. Onwards to version 2!
tobycj liked this
LOL I'm excited to be back building again! Yeah the plan is to braze the bottom plate on in the same way as I made the handle. I'm waiting on some clamps to help hold it in position while heating/brazing.

I started version 2 today, using cardboard mockups to fine tune the dimensions

The end result is much improved over my first attempt I'm pleased to say

tobycj liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]