By razorsharp192
Hi all

I'm looking for the correct parts to modify a Rubies trap to a GB1 trap and am looking for the foster hose connector. All replicas I've seen use a brass connector, but the pics of the original prop and from the movie show it to be silver....?

Which is the correct colour?

By Kingpin
Assuming the foster connect hadn't been replaced after 1984 (many of the Pack and Trap props from the first film were given a minor refit in 1988 for Ghostbusters II), then silver would be the correct colour. You have to remember that we didn't always have the wealth of information we have no, we made the best guesses regarding colour, measurements and materials from grainy film stills and publicity photographs... It's only over the course of the last 5-10 years where some of the oldest questions are getting answered, and older assumptions are getting re-checked thanks to all these original props going to auction. :)
razorsharp192 liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 9th, 2020, 3:24 pm Assuming the foster connect hadn't been replaced after 1984 (many of the Pack and Trap props from the first film were given a minor refit in 1988 for Ghostbusters II), then silver would be the correct colour. You have to remember that we didn't always have the wealth of information we have no, we made the best guesses regarding colour, measurements and materials from grainy film stills and publicity photographs... It's only over the course of the last 5-10 years where some of the oldest questions are getting answered, and older assumptions are getting re-checked thanks to all these original props going to auction. :)
Thanks :) got some silver fittings ordered. Is the parts page for the trap going to be updated as that tells people to buy the brass version?
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]