By ImperialWalker
Sorry if this is covered somewhere, but I've not really been able to find the information.

I realize that there are a few versions of the traps that people use as reference when building theirs. The problem I'm finding is that there doesn't seem to be any "official" thread or section that breaks down the known traps and organizes the known reference images under the correct one.

I know there is a GB1 Hero and a GB2 Stunt, but I have a directory full of reference images that I am unable to sort. I know basically that the GB 1 vector plate is smaller and the side rods are red, but this doesn't seem like a good way to know which version I'm looking at.

I am wondering if there are trap names I'm missing. I know over on the Indy forums each fedora has a commonly used name (Indy Cairo) for example that relate to specific scenes or displays that people can use. GB1 Hero and GB2 Stunt don't seem to represent the traps I'm seeing unless I am wrong.

What I would also like to see is a list of differences. As a first time trap builder I had a day today where I was super frustrated with my trap build. I had been relying on the kit builder to have done the research, but I found like 8 inaccuracies with my trap today that really bummed me out.

What made it worse is that I came across them so late in the build. There was no reference page I could sit down with and kinda go over the different traps and make choices based on that. Yes, this forum is chalked full of info, but much like the Indy and Star Wars forums, it can take a LOT of effort to track down all the info.

Thoughts?
By Kingpin
Here's (hopefully) a bit of a breakdown of the various Ghost Trap props we know of and have photographed:

Ghostbusters Hero Trap
This trap's appearance is mostly in harmony with the props used in the first film, red side rods, cartridge plating which resembles those seen on the Trap slotted into the Containment Unit, and two button-head mounting screws for the side plates, rather than four cap head screws... However, the front knobs are of the design used in the second film... And it's possible the missing knob on the side with the vector plate may've been the silver version used in Ghostbusters II, which suggests this was a GB1 Trap refitted for GB2.

This prop also has a distinctive screw head visible on the front indicator, which appears to be unique to this prop.

Ghostbusters II Stunt Ghost Trap
This trap has the silver side rods, front knobs, and cap head screws in each corner of a GB2 Trap. It also appears to be shorter in height, comparing the space between the various components on the cosmetic plating on each side.

The Propstore Trap.
(Skip to the 3:40 moment). Knobs and screws in the GB2 configuration. It has sealed doors and similar cartridge architecture to the stunt trap, but featuring working lights (I reckon an argument could be made for a "Semi Hero" category of Traps just like we have for the Proton Packs). This prop can be seen on the table in the court room to the right of the jar of slime:

Washington D.C Planet Hollywood Trap
This Trap has rod, knob and screw configurations typical of a GB2 Trap. It also appears to be made from wood, as exhibited by the damage to the fin above the gold resistor. This trap was auctioned by Profiles in History in 2019, giving use some updated reference material in addition to what we got from its time in D.C. Sadly the pedal prop, like a number of others, has lost its relay.
This Trap appears to have also spent some time in New York's Planet Hollywood.

The Seattle EMP Trap
Whilst the Trap itself appears to be a stunt Trap from GB2, based on the visible knobs and plate screws, it appears to have been paired with a GB1 pedal, based on the grey cable connector on the project box which housed the missing relay).
This may be the only GB1-era Trap pedal we've seen in the wild, and appears to have a rare cylindrical Legris fitting not seen on the GB2 versions, which usually have a hex fitting in this position:

Ghostbusters II Hero Trap/The London Trap
Link 2
This one's a bit of a mix. The knobs and side rods are GB2 style, but it has button-head screws like a GB1 trap. Based on these details and its functionality, this appears to be the Hero used to trap the Scoleri Brothers and the jogger ghost in GB2. There's speculation it could be the trap used in the Sedgewick ballroom... Though I'm not currently won over to that belief.

I think that's all of the various Trap props that've been spotted in the wild.
mike_waclo, tobycj, Nighty80 and 1 others liked this
By ImperialWalker
This is amazing information!! Thank you so much.

This really helps break down the traps into easy to understand versions and I was able to quickly organize my reference.

WhatI find interesting is the idea that the Sedgewick Ballroom trap is the GB2 Hero. I just don't see it.

The Sedgewick trap doors are flush with the sides, whereas the GB2 hero doors are well above the sides. The welds on the handle seem different as well. What is odd is how the Sedgewick trap doesn't seem to fit with the GB1 Hero either. There are similarities, but the front buttons seem really different. The front screw is also missing, but I suppose that could have been added for the containment unit scene.

I'm going to take a few moments pondering all this new information, but it is really cool!
Kingpin liked this
By Ramsastro
Hi, i was looking at some pictures before I did my own trap mod for references and came across thesr two promo pics for the first movie. And saw the trap Dan is holding has a little metal rectangle on the front of the trap that I've never seen in any other photos. I was wondering if anyone had any information on it?

By tobycj
It's to hold the pedal in place when the pedal is being carried with the trap. The supposed original design was meant to have the pedal kind of clip onto the trap, but that may not have worked as intended so this bracket was added.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]