Hello All,

I am requesting some help. I am stretching my legs a bit in Fusion and would like some feedback regarding the GB1 trap I am creating.

I am looking for no-holds-barred feedback in terms of accuracy. I also have a lot of questions that you guys may have the answers to. So, please feel free to give as much feedback as you can and/or point me towards information I may not have seen.

With that said, lets start with one of the sides.

RIGHT SIDE

I've decided to start with this side and work my way in. I am not using any previous 3D models out there for reference as I want to avoid introducing bias into the design and also because I want to solve the puzzle myself instead of assuming others have got it right.

What is NOT done yet.

• Resistor connectors
  • Heathkit HAM radio knob (trying to find dimensions)

What I am looking for feedback on.

1. Small Side Plate

Almost all the traps out there seem to use the GB2 size plate which appears longer and narrower than the GB1. From the reference photos I can see, it seems to be more of a 4:3 ratio. The gap between the Vector and the plate was what made me think it wasn't as large.

To my eyes it is not exactly as tall as the Vector plate, but ends more near the second "rail." What I am unsure of is whether the screws are in line with the vector screws or not. I also feel that perhaps it is still not tall enough. On the reference, the bottom of the sticker appears to be in line with the top of the Vector. The problem is that when I sized it that

Generally, I am looking for feedback on this part.

2. Main Side

Originally I started with "Sean's Ghost Trap Plans" but I know that those were taken of a GB2 version. I've adjusted it where I think the GB1 is different.

In the render below, I shortened the overall length as the GB1 doesn't seem as long. The angle at the back was also moved up as it seems to be more in line with the screw, where on the GB2 this seems longer. From the bottom, it seems to end roughly just past half... slightly.

Where I am unsure is the top. To my eyes it looks close, but perhaps the GB1 is slightly less tall?

The part that is throwing my eye is that the vertical part at the very back on the reference image seems less tall than my render. Since it seems like the angle placement is close/correct, then I can only assume the top is too high making it appear longer.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Slightly shortened top

LEFT Side

I am sure this is old news to some of you, but after building the left side of the trap according to the plans floating around out there, it seems that the GB1 version is quite different.

Below is a render of what is floating around out there currently (GB2). It is obvious to me right off the bat that the front plate is not as wide and the rods should be shifted forwards.

To me, it seems the small plate is about as wide as the other side as it seems to end about 1/2" (12.7mm) from the end of the top angled bit. The rods seem to start almost in line with that angle as well. It also seems like it should be taller as well as there doesn't seem to be much space at the top and bottom. My screw position also seems to close to the edges.

Thoughts?

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]