The boys in the chat said I should post it, so I am...

It was a cool December night in Oklahoma Ciy, the slight breeze making it almost too chilly for comfort. I arrived at the Olive Garden™ that evening to find my close friends waiting for me on a bench just near the entry.

"Sorry I'm late!" I said, rushing to them, worried that they had been waiting on me in the cold. "No problem. We haven't been here too long. There's a wait anyway." Tony said, holding up a buzzer.

We entered the building to escape the December air and warm our faces in the heated waiting area. About ten minutes passed as we shared stories from our childhoods and the care free days that we missed so dearly. As we delved deeper into our pasts, I turned to notice the air conditioning unit. A simple little thing it was - Appliance White in color, about two feet tall and a foot wide, one simple, round knob to adjust the air. I focused my attention back to Tony and his story of baking muffins with his aunt as a small child in England. It was a few moments later that an image flashed before my eyes. An image of a Ghost Trap sliding across a court room floor. The image repeated itself in my mind as if it were trying to tell me something but I couldn't grasp what it was. I studied it over and over when it finally hit me.

That was a "close enough" trap knob.

I excused myself from Tony and his wife and headed back to the air conditioner. I examined the knob more closely and was excited with what I saw. "I could totally mold this thing" I thought to myself. But before I could free the knob from it's sub par Italian food eatery prison, the buzzer in Tony's hand went off. I had to leave it behind.

The entire thirty second walk to our table, all I could think about was that poor knob. I was the only person in the entire restaurant that knew what that knob was capable of. It didn't deserve to live an empty life of determining how much or how little air was let into the establishment. It deserved to be rolled out into the sunlight on a gorgeous spring day with it's square cousins. It deserved to be loved. It deserved to be desired.

It deserved to be on the front a Ghost Trap.

I was on a mission. I had to save that knob by any means possible. All throughout my Never Ending Pasta Bowl™, I hatched a plan to set it free. I was going to leave that place with it...or die trying. It was roughly an hour after being seated that we were all finished with our meals, everyone was stuffed and ready for the check. It took what seemed like years to get our change, but it finally came and we were out of there. We exited the booth and headed for the door. My heart was pounding as we inched closer and closer to the A.C. unit. "What if I get caught? Will I be banned from the entire Olive Garden™ chain of restaurants? Will I got to jail? Will there ever be a Saved by the Bell reunion?". All of these things raced through my head in what I was afraid would be my last moments as a free man. Three feet away, it was now or never.

"Oh hey, cool knob."

And faster than the Flash, I yanked the knob off of the unit , pocketed it and was out the door.

And that's how I committed theft for a prop. It's too big around, but the right height. Not exact, but you know what?

It's close enough...
Last edited by Austin on May 17th, 2020, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In that moment, I sadly probably would have done the same thing, I hate to say. :sigh: Well maybe not, I probably would have regretted not taking it afterward. I have to ask, will this be made into a movie? Because the story made me LOL big time. :lol:

BTW, I like to imagine this as your reaction to spotting the knob.

Love the anti climactic ending! :cool:
Yeah...we he told this story in the chat we were all rolling. Great fun. I think most people in that situation would have at least contemplated taking it. Oh the temptations of prop building...
Will there ever be a Saved by the Bell reunion?".
Dude? What the.... :shock: ?
Zack wrote: have to ask, will this be made into a movie? Because the story made me LOL big time. :lol:
Well, I did say in the chat last night that I would video tape myself taking the OTHER knob on the second A.C. unit on the other side of the area. I left that part out of the story...

And yes, that was pretty much my reaction. LOL
hooker wrote:
Will there ever be a Saved by the Bell reunion?".
Dude? What the.... :shock: ?
Don't judge...
hawaiiangb wrote:now everytime you go to an olive garden........you will feel undying guilt....and it will be hard to enjoy your pasta bowls.....was it worth it?........Now to the soda dispenser for some foster quick connects........
It's the post-millennium remake of the Telltale Heart. No more can Angelus enjoy cool circulated air at the Olive Garden... because he broke the conditioner control knob!
Angelus wrote:"Oh hey, cool knob."
Did you seriously say this outloud as you did it? I dont know why but I can just picture that whole moment in my head and its freaking hillarious.
Zack wrote:Love the anti climactic ending!
*Drum and symbol sound* Get it, climate, air conditioner!? Oooohh. *Total silence* Ahhh never mind. No sense of humor...
I went to the olive garden here in hawaii , and there is a picture on the front window of a guy...It has a caption....WANTED.....please inform management in case you see this person....Has been known to frequent these establishments with the one intent of stealing air conditioner knobs.....The restraunts have been thrown into chaos, because of the inability to control the air conditioner settings....Reward $$$$$
Oh come on people, How has no-one posted that this is an infamous act of Knob-bery?

I am disappointed in you all, Especially you Kingpin, Especially you...
Yes... cast it then return it via annonymous post.

That whole A/C unit could depend on that one little knob, and there may not be a replacemnt to buy. Plus stealing and vandelism is wrong.

Ex copper speaking...
my dad was a game warden a long time ago in hawaii and worked in the department of land and natural resources ....Every so often he would get a box mailed to their department....from all different parts of the world...Inside the box would be a lava rock....Tourists are told that to take the lava rocks home would be bad luck, but they dont believe it and take them anyway....Some misfortune must have befallen the various families and they mail the rocks back to hawaii....The worst possible thing would be to take a nice rock from a sacred heiau (temple)....that would be bad....... I'm not saying the knob is sacred or anything...but i thought it was an interesting story.
Angelus wrote:Fine. Will it make everyone feel better if I return the mint sized piece of plastic?
I think a little piece of me would die inside if you did
Kingpin wrote:Eh, that pun was so bad even I didn't think of it.
:cry:

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]