Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
TomVDJ wrote:Shawn Swift just refunded me the complete amount I paid him, and promised me to send my shell back and the proton pack kit he promised. If these arrive, I'll let it know too.

Shawn also asked me let you guys know this info:
- Ernest Reid received his PKE last August.
- Kevin James has been repaid half of what I owe him.
- There is no Kickstarter backer I owe money to by the name of wm6929 nor any backer from Amarillo Texas; the location listed for that user on gbfans.
- There are only 3 out of 8 people who backed the Predator kit that have not yet been repaid; not 5-6 as stated.
- I was only having problems with my PC for one week, and it never impacted shipments. No packages were ever claimed to have been lost in the mail.
Must be nice to have a complete refund. I was lucky to get a partial, given that some folks are still out everything! To be completely honest I would NEVER recommend him to anyone, anything he says I take with a grain of salt.
The accusations he has made against me "Calling out my dogs" to attack him on threads and forums is a fabrication of his mind.
I choose to remain quiet on this because the only thing that gets accomplished when I talk about him is an increase in blood pressure and agitation. Trust me if I had a legal leg to stand on I would be filing the papers today.
Azevedo liked this
You guys should have complete refunds and have the pkes AND or mighty parts as extras on top just as pure interest. :angryvigo:

That makes me sooo mad, he has used you like a bank to pay his rent, at the end of the day when you have complained enough you get the money you gave him back again or some of it. It sounds like neither of you have received his bribe "add ons" to stay silent and not cause trouble
zeta otaku, cowbybill liked this
I found it funny how he advertised the original Mighty as being reprogrammable and always having firmware updates available. The only updates we were ever offered were if you were to purchase additional or upgraded parts. None of the updates offered applied to just the base proton pack model. This "Wolverine" is an easy pass for me. Reprogrammable only if you know how to write code, or if Shawn takes the time out of his busy unemployed schedule to do it, which he never offered to do for me when I wanted to edit some of the sound effects on my Mighty.
lunchbox739 wrote:I would think that if he had as strong of a legal precedent as he claims that the lawsuit would have commenced already.
I agree: people who threaten to start a lawsuit, never do. People who really want to start a lawsuit, never warn the other party, but just start with it.
So I stand corrected. I was contacted by Shawn about reprogramming the sounds on the kit. After some figuring out I was able to edit the sounds as I wanted them. My apologies.
momeraths24 liked this
I am still waiting for my PKE paid in full in July 2011. I have received a Mighty but have no need for it. I want my PKE and all I have had is excuses for 3 years. I have offered the option to refund but I have excuses galore for that too. Bad businessman, not recommended.

I strongly advise people to source their GB needs from quality sellers such as Nickatron, Spongeface and GBFans to name a few.
Vincenzo330, AJ Quick, Azevedo and 4 others liked this
TomVDJ wrote:If you have an account on the RPF, you can contact Shawn there and try to make his life on the RPF misirable until you got your money back. This worked for me...
As much as I like the sentiment of making his life miserable (and getting your money back)... Let's not let this spill over onto other sites.
AJ Quick wrote:As much as I like the sentiment of making his life miserable (and getting your money back)... Let's not let this spill over onto other sites.
No harm in warning RPF members that Shawn isn't trustworthy. As RPF member I would appreciate it if I was warned on the RPF, when GBFans members that screw over others and try to sell over there...
Azevedo, alphabeta001 liked this
TomVDJ wrote:Shawn Swift just refunded me the complete amount I paid him, and promised me to send my shell back and the proton pack kit he promised. If these arrive, I'll let it know too.

Shawn also asked me let you guys know this info:
- Ernest Reid received his PKE last August.
- Kevin James has been repaid half of what I owe him.
- There is no Kickstarter backer I owe money to by the name of wm6929 nor any backer from Amarillo Texas; the location listed for that user on gbfans.
- There are only 3 out of 8 people who backed the Predator kit that have not yet been repaid; not 5-6 as stated.
- I was only having problems with my PC for one week, and it never impacted shipments. No packages were ever claimed to have been lost in the mail.

This is totall bullshit. I have stayed quite the ENTIRE time, because I figured it was a lost cause. But let me say this now.

Shawn Shift has NEVER contacted me to refund my money or discusss this issue. To say I dont exsist enrages me.

Wm6929 reporting in
Azevedo liked this
I powered my Mighty up after waiting for a new voltage regulator and waiting for a replacement extension cable. Everything lit up on the board and then it stopped working.

It could have well been my fault, but I don't know enough about the kit to say either way. (When the board arrived, the voltage regulator was cracked and pins on the boards were bent almost all the way down)The new voltage regulator has the in and out sides swapped from the last one, so I could have sent 12 volts to the board and fried it.

I mailed the entire kit minus the switches, extension cable, led lamp and rumble motor to Shaun on April 15th for repairs, and he hasn't looked at it yet. I was promised a new kit if he Wolverine went through or repairs if it didn't, but I am not hopeful at this point.
Azevedo liked this
I got the Mighty last year and from the beginning there has been nothing but trouble.
In march of this year it died on me for the last time. I decided to take out the Mighty and just throw it out. Now own a crix kit, completely hassle-free and working.
I am really disappointed with the Mighty. ...in a few weeks my gbfans kit will arrive for mu second build. ..
AJ Quick, Azevedo, julz liked this
I find it amazing that Shawn is allowed to operate with impunity and his past indiscretions 'glazed' over. This may be misconstrued as 'drama' by the narrow minded but to myself, EVERYONE needs to know before buying ANYTHING from this conman his whole story.

He posted a new ad on Hardcore Ghostbusters Fans on FB today. I publicly confronted him because he is meant to be looking for full time work not more props.

I left the group after this conversation because the admin is obviously skewed as to what fair trading is.

Excerpt :

Shawn Swift
It's $45 for the upgrade. You should have gotten an email about it if you have the kit.

Edited · Like · 8 hours ago

Andrew McColl
Good to see you working hard on this. Maybe then you can finish my PKE after 3 years.

Like · More · 1 hour ago

Shawn Swift
Offering this upgrade helped pay the rent last month. I don't have any kits left to sell. Rent don't get paid, your PKE doesn't get finished. Capish?

Like · 1 hour ago

Andrew McColl
Always an excuse mate. Since I paid in full three years ago, your argument is invalid.

Like · More · 1 hour ago

Nathan Stevic
Please discuss anything not related to the kit upgrade in private. We dont need the PKE thing coming back up in this forum.

Like · 24 minutes ago

Andrew McColl
It wouldn't come up if people actually get what they paid for

Like · More · 18 minutes ago

Nathan Stevic
It has been discussed at length several times in the past here and on GBFans. The original post is not discussing Shawn's sale of the PKE Meter, so your response is not warranted in this thread. The sale happened outside this forum, so the discussion of such needs to remain there. Attempts at baiting an argument or public shaming will be deleted. I will leave this up for a few minutes for all to read and then delete all comments related to the PKE. Take this up with Shawn directly.

Like · · 9 minutes ago

Andrew McColl
Free speech mate. Quashed. People should know but go ahead. Not everyone has seen that.

And then this…

Michele Elaine StevicHardcore Ghostbuster Fans - Facebook Forum

Just now · Edited ·

And its gone... I hate drama... don't post it in my group. Thanks. Have a wonderful weekend folks!

Like·Comment·Get Notifications

Plus side is she deleted his ad in the process

I responded Consumer rights and free speech ain't 'drama'

Total head in the sand narrow sighted admins who would allow, FULL knowing his history, to sell to new and unsuspecting customers!
Azevedo, cowbybill, AJ Quick and 1 others liked this
It's a shame that Nathan Stevic doesn't seem to care about people over there being screwed over by Shawn too. I don't know that group, but maybe there is a possibility to warn everybody that shows interest in Shawns stuff through PM or something. I don't understand that a guy that screwed over a lot of GB fans, just can continue his business on another GB platform, and the responsible there just doesn't care...
Azevedo, cowbybill, AJ Quick liked this
Swift certainly has his echo chamber and supporters in that group. Posts like that have been deleted for a very long time by the admins there.

Speaking of which, most of them have an affiliation with the South Florida Ghostbusters. For whatever reason, nstevic01 http://www.gbfans.com/fans/nstevic01/, allows Swift to peddle his wares there. You'll notice that Rhett Martin, a guy banned from here from recasting, also helps run the group.

Here's C05ta, http://www.gbfans.com/fans/c05ta/, thinking he's entitled to receive a mighty kit to run his theme pack because he's been "nice and understanding". This started in a thread where Swift was trying to crowd fund for his latest project that has been mentioned previously here by AJ. Just to reiterate, the cleansing of these kinds of posts is nothing new in that group and the people running it seem content to left Swift sell his stuff as long as they get theirs:

Your guess on why this kind of attitude is cool is as good as mine, Tom.
We do care about people being screwed over by Shawn. But the simple fact is, everything he has sold using our forum has been delivered without issue. We monitor him very closely to make sure he delivers what he sells there. The second he doesn't and breaks the rules, he will be banned just like he was here. That forum was started to give people a second chance and a break from what started in other sites. I will admit we have had to delete pretty much everyone who was banned from other sites because they caused trouble and broke the rules of the forum. But like AJ said it's best to not let this spill over to other sites. The posts that were deleted in that threaf are no different than posts that would be deleted in a thread here for derailing a topic. We know Shawn owes people money, in fact we helped one guy get a couple hundred back from Shawn for the PKE he was owed. But simply put, it's a topic that needs to be dealt with Shawn directly about.
Ernest Reid liked this
nstevic01 wrote:We do care about people being screwed over by Shawn. But the simple fact is, everything he has sold using our forum has been delivered without issue. We monitor him very closely to make sure he delivers what he sells there. The second he doesn't and breaks the rules, he will be banned just like he was here. That forum was started to give people a second chance and a break from what started in other sites. I will admit we have had to delete pretty much everyone who was banned from other sites because they caused trouble and broke the rules of the forum. But like AJ said it's best to not let this spill over to other sites. The posts that were deleted in that threaf are no different than posts that would be deleted in a thread here for derailing a topic. We know Shawn owes people money, in fact we helped one guy get a couple hundred back from Shawn for the PKE he was owed. But simply put, it's a topic that needs to be dealt with Shawn directly about.
You've repeatedly deleted posts from people asking Shawn directly about their orders and refunds. If that's not direct enough I don't know what is.
AMC78, Vincenzo330, cowbybill and 1 others liked this
The posts were not relevant to the topic started. Plain and simple, posts like that here get deleted as well.
Most likely because it's something that needs to be taken up directly with Shawn. We do not care for drama resulting in spillover from something that was sold way before the forum was created.
nstevic01 wrote:Most likely because it's something that needs to be taken up directly with Shawn. We do not care for drama resulting in spillover from something that was sold way before the forum was created.
You don't care for the drama as long as you're still getting kits and custom orders from the guy.
cowbybill, Vincenzo330, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
Like I said before, when he fails to deliver something he sells on our forum, he will be removed per our rules. What I purchase from him is irrelevant. I'm assuming that it is making you angry that everyone who bought something from his sales in that forum actually got what they paid for? I get the whole Shawn hate thing for the PKE, I really do. I kinda understand the Mighty dilemma as well, although I was a supporter of the Kickstart campaign and did receive my Mighty. So I'm torn on that one.
nstevic01 wrote:The posts were not relevant to the topic started. Plain and simple, posts like that here get deleted as well.

I was going to stay out of this "flare up" but your comment makes no sense. If Shawn owes people money, product, etc.. how is not relevant to to the conversation to question where these items are?
If Shawn has the funds to sell more Mightys or whatever, then why is it not reasonable for the people who are owed items from Shawn to question him?
It most certainly is relevant to the topic if he continues the behaviors that got him in trouble, and the spot he is in now in the first place.
Azevedo, AMC78, Kingpin liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]