Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Crix
There has been plenty of dissection of your posts, and from that, your implied attitude and stance.

I'm not going to join in on that, but perhaps you should re-read this thread from the start, and maybe pretend that you don't know who sporkman1 is, or who anyone else posting in this thread is, and maybe you'll gain some insight into how to better handle this, and future situations.

You've actually been treated rather fairly in this thread, don't think that ProtonCharger is the only shark in these waters, he's just the one who smelled blood first.
By Vincenzo330
sporkman1 wrote:And I primarily posted on this thread just to say "hi". Only to be treated like a pariah within a few posts later. Hmm, my first online experience with the GB community, and half the people posting crucify me. Rather than welcome me, you've accused me of cheating people, not taking critism, and get bent outta shape for expressing my personal (not professional) opinion and taking that opinion the wrong way. And you have the nerve to say I can't take criticism!
In all honesty I'd say that you have a point. A few people could have been a bit kinder. There are a few people who seem to just constantly try to get into pissing matches out sheer boredom. Some people also seem to take offense if anyone turns any kind of profit when it comes to prop making. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, other than what some people may have interpreted as indifference on accuracy, which, as you said, doesn't mean a whole lot to a large majority of buyers.

Don't take the small group of people who posted in this thread as a representation of the whole community. In my opinion, It would be in your best interest to meet the requirements of selling here and doing so. And while you're here also spending a little time improving your offerings, which will in turn expand your customer base to those who do value accuracy.
BigJakeOkc liked this
By Ricky
i may not be the best dude to post here since I'm the newest guy in the hood... but to be fair I went to hole in the ground's webpage, looked at the proton pack he sells ( that is 1800 PLUS shipping with lights and sounds, not 1500 as that is with just lights plus shipping) and to quite and completely honest I would've jumped on it if I had those 2000 (that I don't have by the way) without going into a lot of research on the sizes of things.

to me that is an awesome pack and to my eye it looks accurate enough. I'm not trying to defend the guy here... just stating that from a client and not an expert in props comparison I think his Pack is awesome. that's all.

I can understand the point of view of the accuracy oriented people or course. and I do understand that if you have 2000 bucks to buy a pack you should buy the most accurate for that money but for us, non-accuracy experts in Ghostbusters props, his pack is a sweet looking pack that looks great, works great and that I would be very happy to own... again, if I had that amount of money to spend on something like it.

Just wanted to throw the clients experienced eye opinion on the subject.
SPJ liked this
By ProtonCharger
Ricky wrote:i may not be the best dude to post here since I'm the newest guy in the hood... but to be fair I went to hole in the ground's webpage, looked at the proton pack he sells ( that is 1800 PLUS shipping with lights and sounds, not 1500 as that is with just lights plus shipping) and to quite and completely honest I would've jumped on it if I had those 2000 (that I don't have by the way) without going into a lot of research on the sizes of things.

to me that is an awesome pack and to my eye it looks accurate enough. I'm not trying to defend the guy here... just stating that from a client and not an expert in props comparison I think his Pack is awesome. that's all.

I can understand the point of view of the accuracy oriented people or course. and I do understand that if you have 2000 bucks to buy a pack you should buy the most accurate for that money but for us, non-accuracy experts in Ghostbusters props, his pack is a sweet looking pack that looks great, works great and that I would be very happy to own... again, if I had that amount of money to spend on something like it.

Just wanted to throw the clients experienced eye opinion on the subject.
THIS.
if I had those 2000
if you have the amount that an accurate one costs, then you shouldnt be shrugging off accuracy in favor of an inaccurate pack "because it looks cool". an accurate one looks even more cooler and is money very well spent. i dont know about YOU, but if i had 2000 bucks to blow on movie prop replicas, it's an investment that i want the absolute damn best one available for that price, and i dont want who i buy it from to "shrug it off" and give an attitude when someone points out its inaccuracies. i want them to have been aware of them and fix them as new information comes out.

which is what BETTER sellers that make accurate packs do.

come on, his attitude ALONE should have chased you away.
By secracium
I realize this is an old thread, but I found this guy's website and came here to see if there were any reviews. After reading all the comments, I have to say that I think ProtonCharger was especially rude and antagonistic with the prop maker and I don't think the maker was taking the criticism badly. I have to agree that absolute screen accuracy isn't important to many people (me included). If it looks like the real deal to anyone but those who scrutinize for accuracy, I say it's good. I'm personally annoyed by those who are obsessed with 100% accuracy when it comes to costuming, but I understand if that's where their primary interest lies. I also agree that a lot of complaints regarding accuracy are extremely "nit-picky". I have a set of Stormtrooper armor; to me and just about everyone else in the world it looks legit, but there is a line going out the door of people on the 501st forums just waiting to scrutinize and tell me what's wrong with the thing.
SPJ liked this
By Jolly RogerVF84
After searching for proton packs and asking on here, because of Viking Props and Bob's Prop Shop, I decided to buy one from Hole in the ground now.

I am also someone who wants 100% accuracy in things, as I collect 1:18 die-cast cars and 1:72 model jets.

AND I always wanted Ghostbusters stuff. :D I was so happy like a little child as I found Matty some years ago and that Mattel began to produce 1:1 scale replicas of our fave movies. And the best thing of it all was that they really work, sound and shaking....

In that case I really don't care about the accuracy as long as they are working like in the movies. ;)

Now I cannot wait until I got my first proton pack made by Hole in the ground. I ordered it at the beginning of September and yesterday I got Email that it is finished now. Wow, first thought it took some months, because of other orders and your Halloween over there, but it was within three weeks. Now I have to wait one or two weeks to hold it in my hands. :D

And later I will try to add some things to it, like the venting/smoke effects for example.
SPJ liked this
By Riggs45
I recently just purchased some resin parts from Hole in the Ground Productions (Bumper, Booster Frame, PPD, Crank Knob, and Clippard).
He had the parts ready and shipped out the next day (I ordered on a sunday)
The parts are fantastic! I took them out of the box and they were pretty much ready to go with very little prep needed, very clean looking and great detail, and from what I've seen, pretty accurate as well.
I had been emailing the seller (Eric) quite a bit back and forth and he always answers all of my questions quickly and to great extent. He is a very pleasant to deal with.
I went with him because it was everything that I had left for my build all in one spot and when paying for international shipping and duty that is a major plus for me. The parts are really reasonably priced as well.
The bumper is a little wide for my Studio Creations shell, (it measures 12" on the inside so its) but I knew that going in that the Studio Creations shell was slightly undersized (1/4" to 1/2" at the cyclotron). But I have been able to flex it into place without issue.
Needless to say I'm pleased, so I thought I'd share my experience.
jackdoud, SPJ liked this
By SPJ
Sometimes service and response to emails makes all the difference.

A good attitude goes a long way as well.

I guess, I dunno, I just worked in retail for a couple of years. Could be I am full of it.
By Jolly RogerVF84
I picked up my Hole in the Ground proton pack from customs on Tuesday ( will post pics and video soon). Out of the box I noticed some damages, because of transportation. One red LED was inside the cyclotron and another one was not working, same with the sound. The battery box was broken. I emailed Eric a few times and he replied always to help me with fixing it.

I totally agree with Riggs45 about Eric.
Riggs45, SPJ liked this
By Jolly RogerVF84
Tried to reply on Youtube, but it didn't work.

The damage happened due to transportation and as I told it Eric, he then helped me via Email what I have to do to fix it.

I am happy with the pack. It is heavy, because motherboard, a part of the shelf and a few other parts are made of wood. Sound and light effects are nice, but could be better. I will buy these things from gbfans later to update my pack.

I am 1,90m and the pack is about 70cm.
By twmedford23
I ordered a cyclrotron lid + n filter and a shock mount from Eric. They were shipped out very quickly and they arrived safely. These items were flawless - no sanding required. I'm very happy with my purchase.
By epicjuicebox
I just ordered a complete pack from Eric last week, and plan to provide a full review when I receive delivery (which he quoted would be in about a month, give or take). If I'm feeling ambitious, I may do an un-boxing video as well.

Really hoping to be able to publish some positive press for the guy, as I also have nothing but good things to say about my experience working with him thus far. Seems a shame to me for his reputation on these boards to be built almost entirely on an unfortunate exchange that happened almost 4 years ago...

Anyway, more to come. But I gotta say, I may never have been more excited to receive a package in my entire life! So stoked!
By twmedford23
I just received some parts for my sc build(bumper, shock mount, booster frame) and i have to give Eric props, again. Very little cleanup required, fast shipping, I'm very happy with my purchase.
By Azurial
Wow... These feedback threads get to be blood baths sometimes don't they?

I'd like to mention that I have purchased a bumper from htig. The bumper itself was beautiful and needed hardly any work, just a light sanding before paint. It was a bit tight to get on my pack, but in all it was decent.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]