By crusader_x
I know the changes are subtle but I'm really looking for any feedback on improving the next version. I know one thing I'll be focusing on is blending the battery box on the bottom better with the main body. I am using a small project box from Radio Shack and the edges are slightly rounded so it stands out when placed on something flat. I'm thinking of first trying to fill that gap and make it "squared off" with something like bondo and see how that goes...
By kevinj319
I don't know how you feel about fake welds, but you could do one of those around the project box
By Gareee
Did you document the parts in your older thread? Since well be getting Matty PKes, the only other real bit of equipment we need is a gigameter of some kind, that this would fit the bill nicely.
By crusader_x
kevinj319 wrote:I don't know how you feel about fake welds, but you could do one of those around the project box
Check out my 3rd version, I used epoxy putty to blend the battery box in much better. I did consider welds and I may yet do that for the next version...
Gareee wrote:Did you document the parts in your older thread? Since well be getting Matty PKes, the only other real bit of equipment we need is a gigameter of some kind, that this would fit the bill nicely.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 34&t=18492
By Gareee
Thanks for that link.. I can sus out the handle parts, but not what you used for the main body parts.
By crusader_x
Gareee wrote:Thanks for that link.. I can sus out the handle parts, but not what you used for the main body parts.
crusader_x wrote:Well with people starting to guess the parts I guess I should go ahead and list them. Spoiler warning though, this will ruin the illusion...

The main body is a patient's phone from a hospital.
The handle is PVC.
The view cover is PVC and the viewscreen is the clear prismatic plastic used in overhead lighting fixtures.
The clear dome with the spinning lights on the bottom is a mini version of those lighted globe toys.
The scanning antennas are made from CPVC and Pex pipe.
The bottom box which is the battery cover is made from a electrical outlet extender box and was highly modified.
All of the cosmetic plating is styrene.

The reason I don't give these lists outright is because now when you look at it you'll just see all the parts and not the complete prop, like I do. Or maybe not... :D
By GB Ty
Lol, the Deca meter. Between the PKE, and Giga i highly prefer the Giga Meter. And your version is awesome.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]