Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By derail
I realized the first reference and the last reference offhand, had to read the comments to figure out the second one: SLIME! :lol:
By derail
Another Seinfeld GB reference: Episode "The Secret Code"

Jerry kicks over a can of paint thinner which causes a fire, and the fire dept is called. They cut to a shot of, you guessed it, Ladder 8! :lol:
By EgonMacGyver
As I'm watching 2001: A Space Travesty with Leslie Nielsen, I can't help but recognize this line:

Marshall Dicks: "Doctor?"
Dr.: "Of psychology and parapsychology"
By GVGB2005
In a episode of Ed Edd and Eddy, Edd (Double D) said Egon's (The one he said after seeing the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. "I'm terrified beyond the capacity of rational thought."
By christphern
I was watching an episode of BBC's Cash in the Attic, and caught a GB reference. They were digging through a woman's basement, looking for antiques. They were in two groups, one in the basement, and one upstairs. The upstairs guy starts banging on the floor to get the other guy's attention. The guy in the basement jokingly asks, "Is this place haunted?" The announcer then said something along the lines of "Next time ladies, don't call Cash in the Attic, call the Ghostbusters."

The "there's always room for Jell-O" line isn't necessarily a GB reference. It's a reference to the old Jell-O adverts, where they used to say "There's always room for Jell-O." Hence the line in GB2.

Also, by references, I think people mean actual references to the movies, not the use of landmarks. However, with Hitch, I believe the appearance of, if memory serves, H&L8, the New York Public Library, and, possibly, Dana's apartment building were intentional, since I believe it's an established fact that Will Smith is a GB fan.

There were several references to GB in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I can think of a few off the top of my head. I don't recall the episode, but they were talking about a demon that "Is believed to be the cause of the Tunguska blast of 1919." Not a definite ref, since there was actually a Tunguska blast, though the actual date escapes me. There was another involving a conversation between Willow and Tara, and Xander overhears something, rather dirty, the details of which escape me, but the line "Who you gonna call" were involved. Xander's reaction was something like "Great! Another movie I can never watch again! Thanks!"

Also, I don't know if the use of sound effects from GB and RGB constitutes a reference, but in the anime Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure, they used the sound effects for the Neutrona Stream, Proton Pack Startup, Containment unit closing, and flushing, and the Slimer groan, when he flies through the wall at the Sedgewick. There was also another that sounded just like the RGB PKE sound effects.

Chris
By EgonMacGyver
Christphern-

The Tunguska Blast occurred in 1908. In Ghostbusters, Ray incorrectly states it occurred in 1909
By GhostbusterRayStantz
just found out that the real ghostbusters made an appearance in filmations ghostbusters cartoon episode called ghostbunglers.
By Spooky
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: just found out that the real ghostbusters made an appearance in filmations ghostbusters cartoon episode called ghostbunglers.

I don't believe you
By jhsanny
For those of you who have ever heard of the show on FX called Nip/Tuck, I was watching my season 3, disc 2 today and I think it was on the 4th episode, "Rhea Reynolds (original airdate 10/11/05)," Sean and Christian are talking about an attack that Christian had gone through. Anyway, I'll spare you guys the details, but after Sean was done checking Christian out, they determined there was nothing wrong with him. Sean suggested that perhaps it was a "phantom pain." Christian follows up with "Who am I gonna call about phantom pain? The Ghostbusters?" Just thought I'd share that one with you guys.
By GVGB2005
how about that muppet babies episode with the "Bugbusters"?
By Spooky
GVGB2005 wrote: how about that muppet babies episode with the "Bugbusters"?

Or the Muppet Babies random GB movie clips :p
Or the time Bunson invented the Proton Pack like object to defeate the monsters in their dreams.
By jhsanny
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Epic Movie is completely retarded. Big surprise, right? If any of you are interested at all, it's just like all their other movies, Scary Movie, Date Movie, etc.. Anyway, to the point, at the end of the movie when the four of them are..umm.."writing their names in the snow," one of them yells out, "Hey! Let's cross streams!" Just thought that might fit in this thread..and was hoping the be the first of many to notice it and point it out! 8)
By SpiderFan2k3
Two references last night:

First, on "Family Guy", Peter loses his liscense and is forced to keep himself occupied, so he hides in the fridge. When Lois opens the door to the fridge, she asks Peter what he's doing. Peter replys "There is no Peter, only Zuul." The rest of the episode was so-so.

Second, on "Robot Chicken" they had a skit where two Ghostbusters are at the urinal and one of them begins to pee on the wall. The other replys "Hey, don't cross the streams, man."
Spengler02 liked this
By EgonMacGyver
Hey Spiderfan, my name is actually Peter, and for the last few years, I've been saying the line that they said on Family Guy in my best growling demonically possessed voice. I died laughing when I saw that line on Family Guy
By larrydavid
In Destroy All Humans 2 there was a point where pox said: Don't cross the beams. Crypto: Why? Pox: Because it would be bad. Crypto: I'm fuzzy on the whole good bad thing. Pox: Imagine all life ending in one moment, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light! A total protonic reversal. Crypto: That's bad. Pox: Alright, there?s no time, you'll have to cross the beams.
By Kingpin
ghoulishfright wrote: Here's a pretty big reference you proppers should get a kick out of. It's from an internet series short called "Your Magic Touched Me: Nights".

http://channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=1894

...and there's a lesser reference in the second episode...

http://channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=1995

It comes as no real surprise that the guy who does YMTM:N is a fan of Ghostbusters. :)
By corruptparadise
Got Nip Tuck seasons 1-3 as an xmas gift, and I was watching an episode when Shaun told Christian (the main characters of the show) "The Pain you're feeling is Phantom Pain" Christian: "Well who the hell do I call for Phantom Pain??? Ghostbusters?"...
By jhsanny
jhsanny wrote: For those of you who have ever heard of the show on FX called Nip/Tuck, I was watching my season 3, disc 2 today and I think it was on the 4th episode, "Rhea Reynolds (original airdate 10/11/05)," Sean and Christian are talking about an attack that Christian had gone through. Anyway, I'll spare you guys the details, but after Sean was done checking Christian out, they determined there was nothing wrong with him. Sean suggested that perhaps it was a "phantom pain." Christian follows up with "Who am I gonna call about phantom pain? The Ghostbusters?" Just thought I'd share that one with you guys.

CorruptParadise - That one was already stated just a few posts up the same page.
By stanztheman
Carson Daley (SP?) was talking about that new movie with ghosts and the actor said that his house in REAL life is haunted by a white cat ghost. So he asked him "Did you ever tell anyone about it? Like did you call someone?" And the actor just smiled and said. "Well no, but who CAN you call?" and someone in the audience yelled out "Ghostbusters!"
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Anyone got the carson daly video with the audience member yelling out "GHOSTBUSTERS!!!"?
By Ecto96
You guys see the new family guy on AS tonight? It was good.
Lois opens the fridge door, and says "Peter get out of there!"
and then you hear "There is no peter, only Zool"

*EDIT* how was that vgcats a ghostbusters reference? I don't see it.
By GhostbusterRayStantz
I work at menards at the shipping recieving dock and there were a whole bunch of lawn chairs that i had to stock in the seasonal section. I figured why not have a little fun in the process. I yelled out to my boss,"Hey, where do these CHAIRS go!?" He yelled out," They go up", meaning that they go up on overstock shelves. The timing was perfect. I had a little laugh.
Spengler02 liked this
By metallijosh
Ecto96 wrote: You guys see the new family guy on AS tonight? It was good.
Lois opens the fridge door, and says "Peter get out of there!"
and then you hear "There is no peter, only Zool"

*EDIT* how was that vgcats a ghostbusters reference? I don't see it.

"I want you inside me"

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]