Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
A few things i experienced that I still remember are. It was back in 2008 at fan expo. I was waiting in line to get Sean Astin autograph as I was next in line. Then when it was my turn as I was approaching his table he yells out "Alright! This chick is toast!"

Also at Fanxpo in 2009 I had a photo op with Bruce Campbell. It was my turn to walk in. So I shook his hand and we both said hello. But while he was shaking my hand he said
BC:"what the hell are you supposed to be?"
Me: "I'm a Ghostbuster"
BC: "oh yea that's right.....a ghostbuster"

Lol I was in full gear to boot haha.

(Not really something someone said but)
And lastly I was at NYCCC in 09 as well and I was able to meet Seth Green and Brecken meyer (or however you spell it). They both thought the gear was cool and they were just asking questions about it and I explained.

So just a few of many silly encounters....
Oh and just yesterday I was with my group at a local theater showing GB2 and it was also the communities trick or treat day. So we were handing out twinkies to the kids. Some woman told her kid. "Look honey it's the ghostbusters!, they have the packs that catch the ghosts. It also helps them fly." ::face palm:: lol
On Halloween, upon triggering the theme song on my pack, a girl threw up her hands, started walking away, and said "Yep, I'd f--- that."

Another (drunk) guy asked Demon Vice Commander why he'd spent so much time and effort building our groups' packs when he could have just slapped a hundred bucks worth of stuff together instead. What a brilliant question, sir. I wish we'd have thought of that ourselves.

Alex Newborn wrote:My 13yo was the last one in the candy line, and the only one wearing a GB outfit. I told him to draw his thrower. He dropped his candy bag and snatched it off the V-hook and fired at the mummy thing.

The guy in the costume didn't miss a beat. He immediately fell backward silently like a felled tree.
Nice shootin', Tex!
pyhasanon wrote:
Riggs45 wrote:"Where's your vacuum".
Last weekend at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, they said "jetpack"...
I remember that. They also asked how long it took to build said "jetpack"

At a high school haunted house and Halloween Carnival, a girl dressed as Elsa came up to one of us and told him, "You're doing a shitty job. The house is still haunted."

At the same event, the Slime Blower was called a flamethrower and the Feig-Pack was also called a portable generator.
Bakermouse liked this
Smog wrote:
goldenhawk wrote: ... and the Feig-Pack was also called a portable generator.
To be fair, we can't blame people for not recognizing this one yet.
It doesn't matter because I got rid of the Feig Pack. But, there are some people out there that don't recognize the original Proton Pack, Jet Pack or Astronaut-thingy.

I do love the Slime Blower being a Flamethrower.
goldenhawk wrote:I do love the Slime Blower being a Flamethrower.
Y'know, we can make this happen... =P
Annie Melnitz wrote:Not my weird story, but I was there to witness it. My friend was a Ghostbuster for Halloween, and people kept asking him how many ghosts were in his pack. They thought the pack was also the trap...
Ha! I took my pack to work yesterday and had a coworker ask me how many ghosts I had sucked up. I didn't bother to explain it to her. 8)
HunterCC liked this
Just revisited the topic, and had to add to it again...

This past fall, I worked as a costume coordinator for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York. It's an awesome place to work, because I'm surrounded by creative people: float builders, painters, sculptors, concept artists, balloon builders, costume designers, you name it.
On Halloween, I of course wore my gear. I burst into my boss's office and proceeded to turn the room upside down scanning everything with my PKE, saying things like "Ghostbusters! Just doing a routine spook check!" And " We heard there was a major creep in the area, we checked our lists and you were right on top."
HE LOVED IT!! I virtually ransacked his office first thing in the morning, and he laughed his head off! And proceeded to compliment my pack.
I then went on my spook check all over the studio. My GB gear got a lot of compliments from some of the best creative people in New York! And they were impressed that I built it all myself.
I kept in character the whole time. I gave everybody ghost safety tips, and if they see something strange, who ya gonna call?
It also doesn't hurt that I'm the head of the kids costume department. I was basically wearing my resume to work.
zeta otaku, Heroic35, ghostJAR and 2 others liked this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zt334TcBNLw

I think I figured out why people think the proton pack sucks the ghost up. It's from an old skit from family guy. Where Peter has a part time job as a Ghostbusters as he sucks up Patrick Swayze from Ghost into the proton pack.

Thanks Family Guy! Ha!

As for the jet pack.. I. don't. know. I've had some tell me "Is that a car motor?" That's another one I just don't get. Also calling the proton pack a flux capacitor. How.. Makes you wonder if they some times call the flux capacitor a proton pack.

I've had a mall security guard come up to me wondering whats on my back, as soon as he heard them magic words Ghostbusters. It all comes flooding back. Complements me and told me "Just don't go shoot people with it. I've seen how much damage those things can do."
Lol
Sav C, zeta otaku, HunterCC liked this
ghostJAR wrote:I think I figured out why people think the proton pack sucks the ghost up. It's from an old skit from family guy. Where Peter has a part time job as a Ghostbusters as he sucks up Patrick Swayze from Ghost into the proton pack.

Thanks Family Guy! Ha!
Nope.

I mean I'm sure that didn't help...but that comment on folks in gear predates Family Guy by a LOT...also I am old. :-(
ghostJAR liked this
I went to see a play last night, and I just happened to be wearing my GB pin. The ticket taker saw it and excitedly told me to go show it to another ticket taker nearby. I did so, and the second ticket taker laughed and explained that she'd been vacuming the theatre earlier that day and, showing me a photo from her phone, said, " Doesn't that look just like Ghostbusters?!" Lol.

I'm thinking it's the word buster. People think of a dust buster.
Sav C liked this
Michael Scott wrote:How about variants for "Ecto-1". I've personally only heard it called Echo-1 by someone who thought he knew what he was talking about, but I'm sure there are others that botch it worse than that.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS FOR ME TO ASK FOR FREAKING ECTO COOLER IN THE STORES!? lol. cringed every store I tried to call and ask if they had ecto cooler. They kept saying stuff like "echo cooler" "echo blast" "arctic cooler"
Sav C, deadderek liked this
GHOSTBUSTERS # 1FAN wrote:
That's funny, that's the beauty of the logo to little kids. I loved the GBI logo so much thatI always drew the logo constantly and i eventualy drwe it perfectly on my own. Still it's pretty funny how that young GBFan acted to see you as a Ghostbuster.
lol same here. It was on every book cover for school as a child. It was on my folders some homework. lol. Ive drawn that logo so much. At first the fingers are the hardest to get just right.
Pennywise83 wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote:Few new one from events last year:

"Aren't you meant to be a woman?"

"Who's Stantz?"

"Where's your stripes?"

"Typical. As soon as females get something of their own, the males have to take it over."
Cool, did he/she live in some cavern till last Summer?
These were all different people over a long period but I'm pretty sure the "typical" woman was a cave dweller.

"Who's Stantz?"

"Where's your stripes?"

"Typical. As soon as females get something of their own, the males have to take it over."
See, that's why I don't like Reboots! That's on the same level as someone talking about Evil Dead asking you: "Who the f*** is Ash?"
Skyknight wrote:

"Who's Stantz?"

"Where's your stripes?"

See, that's why I don't like Reboots! That's on the same level as someone talking about Evil Dead asking you: "Who the f*** is Ash?"
That's a crime....
Skyknight wrote:

"Who's Stantz?"

"Where's your stripes?"

People ask that?! Damn. Honestly I couldn't name anyone outa the ED remake.
Haven't met one yet. But I'm sure they're out there. If there are people in their 30s who never saw Ghostbusters there have to be even more out there who've never seen ED!
By the time they came out, Ghostbusters was a big budget movie, most people knew while ED was a B-Movie in a horror/splatter setting. That's even more niche than GB.

Combined with the ignorance of some of the younger generation who only watch the newest iteration of a movie, because the older ones have outdated effects there must be quite a lot that have only seen the ED remake(well, technically it's a continuation and not a remake, because Ash's old car is still there besides the cabin, all rusted and overgrown, but none of the people that haven't seen the original will ever know)!
I wore my gear to a screening of Ghostbusters on the Intrepid air craft carrier in NYC back in 2011. Afterwards, I ran around New York City acting like I was chasing a ghost. A guy in his 20s or so was walking with his lady friend and flagged me down as I was trying to jog by.

He asked: "Why are you dressed like a Ghostbuster?"

My reply was "Why are you dressed like a hipster? -- Gotta Go!"

There was another time at a bar in NYC on Halloween night where a girl was chatting me up, but she got pissed off that I stayed in character when she asked for personal info . Among other topics, She asked what school I went to and I replied, " I graduated from Weaver hall with PHDs in parasychology AND psychology"

Those are my two best so far.
At this years Edmonton Expo a couple of weekends ago, I was standing at the photo station at our booth when while walking by this parent asks their child who happens to dressed as a Ghostbuster if they wanted to get a picture with the Ghostbusters, and without even turning his head the kid responds "I don't need to take a picture with the Ghostbusters, I AM A Ghostbuster!" and he just kept walking.
Kingpin, NickFame13, MasterOod and 1 others liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]