Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By particlethrowerAE_UK
I noticed in the blue ray version when luis runs across the road from his apartment, when the gargoyle dog follows him there's a square outline where the effects were imposed on the reel,. Any one else spot that?
By JoshK
particlethrowerAE_UK wrote:I noticed in the blue ray version when luis runs across the road from his apartment, when the gargoyle dog follows him there's a square outline where the effects were imposed on the reel,. Any one else spot that?
That's usually noticeable on older films, where elements shot against a green or blue screen backdrop were composited into the frame. Compositing has since improved in this digital era, but back then, it had to be done photochemically.

You'll see the "green or blue box," which usually goes through a process called garbage matting, which cuts out part of the frame to remove equipment and reduce the amount of backdrop, in films like Star Wars, as well. I believe you can also see it around Stay Puff's foot at one point.

You'll also find scenes where the matte doesn't match up with the live action footage too well.
By corruptparadise
I went home during thanksgiving last year and for some odd reason Ghostbusters has become the family holiday movie,anyways I noticed the Casserole dish in dana's fridge top/left (when peter checks "look at all the junk food") is the exact same dish my mother has had served us sweet potato casserole for years. I even offered to buy her a new one if I could take that one... no go.
MichaelGil liked this
By JayStantz
bustinforjesus wrote:When I was building my pack I was looking at the movie and noticed the in the scene where there about to get on the elevator in the hotel. The shockmount on ray's pack is sticking up. Almost like he backed against something and bent it.

I found this pic in the reference section to show what I'm talking about .....
Yes, and there is paint rubbed off of the top 2 ribs on the power cell, so apparently his pack was shoved up against something or laid on it's back for a time. Late in the scene, when they are in the Ballroom, it appears that Bill Murray is wearing that pack. Did you notice that?
By JayStantz
2 Things from the Hotel Sedgewick scene and 2 from the Stay Puft "Rooftop scene":

1) When Ray gets out of the elevator, grabs his wand off the pack, he hits the green lever to extend the front tip of the proton gun, and you can hear it click. (lots of people already know this).

2) When Bill Murray is lying on the ground "slimed" and Ray comes over to him, he is wearing a stunt pack and the shoulder straps are really weird on it, and the LC-1 waist strap is suddenly gone and there is a wide strap across his waist. And the motherboard is extra thick on the stunt packs.

1) When Stay Puft is climbing the building, the man in the costume forgot to wear his red tie! Oops!

2) When they are in the huddle coming up with the plan and when they are covered in marshmallow, a lot on the roof, they are wearing the stunt packs. The stunt packs have no Ion End Rod! It's easy to spot the stunt packs using this method too, and the extra thick motherboard on them.

Anyone else notice these things?
By Zack
watch in GB2 as the prosecutor is carried out by Nunzio...there is a lone woman still hiding in the courtroom behind one of the pillars...what the hell???

Also watch the right side of the screen when the Scoleris appear...the cop pulls his gun out like he's gonna do something...
By JayStantz
jackdoud wrote:
RedVirtue wrote:Dana's nipple. When her chair attacks her. Never noticed it till the first time I saw it on Blueray.
Not really though, she's wearing a pink workout bodysuit since she just got back from the gym.
No, It's a nipple, plain as day. Watch it in slow-mo on Blu-Ray, you'll see it..
By corruptparadise
JayStantz wrote:
jackdoud wrote:Not really though, she's wearing a pink workout bodysuit since she just got back from the gym.
No, It's a nipple, plain as day. Watch it in slow-mo on Blu-Ray, you'll see it..
HAHA, For some reason I have a picture in my head of you frantically unwrapping the plastic on your copy of GB blu-ray (on release day) and fast fwd'ng to that part, wide eyed as a school boy. Now I'm gonna have to go home and see for myself. you sir, get a :crunch:
By JayStantz
HAHA, For some reason I have a picture in my head of you frantically unwrapping the plastic on your copy of GB blu-ray (on release day) and fast fwd'ng to that part, wide eyed as a school boy. Now I'm gonna have to go home and see for myself. you sir, get a :crunch:
You know i really did look up that scene to see once and for all what the hell we were looking at, of all the things to want to see in high def, I went straight for Dana's nipple. What's wrong with me? Haha.
By oblagon
JayStantz wrote:
2) When they are in the huddle coming up with the plan and when they are covered in marshmallow, a lot on the roof, they are wearing the stunt packs. The stunt packs have no Ion End Rod! It's easy to spot the stunt packs using this method too, and the extra thick motherboard on them.

Anyone else notice these things?
Yeah I just noticed this myself watching the Blu-ray version. Was suprised to see they aren't even wearing alice frames; the straps just slot directly into the motherboard. Which appears to be rubber along with the pack body (makes sense for a stunt pack)
Also the red lights don't sequence. They just stay on.
By Cyland Props
Cyland Props wrote:When you first see Stay Puff's head behind the buldings you can tell the guy isn't wearing the rest of the suit.

Also check out the pool table in the lower right window.
By Carpeteria
corruptparadise wrote:I went home during thanksgiving last year and for some odd reason Ghostbusters has become the family holiday movie,anyways I noticed the Casserole dish in dana's fridge top/left (when peter checks "look at all the junk food") is the exact same dish my mother has had served us sweet potato casserole for years. I even offered to buy her a new one if I could take that one... no go.
I can't believe I never noticed that before. Amazing.
By corruptparadise
Carpeteria wrote:
corruptparadise wrote:I went home during thanksgiving last year and for some odd reason Ghostbusters has become the family holiday movie,anyways I noticed the Casserole dish in dana's fridge top/left (when peter checks "look at all the junk food") is the exact same dish my mother has had served us sweet potato casserole for years. I even offered to buy her a new one if I could take that one... no go.
I can't believe I never noticed that before. Amazing.
You should come over for thanksgiving more often.... :sigh:
Coover5 liked this
By sliming slimer
just noticed that when the boys in gray come out of the courtroom in gb2 in the bottom left corner you see the hardermyers lawyer in the same pose that she is on the end credits.
By corruptparadise
Granted I'm sure this thread is for the first movie, but I watched GB2 a few days ago, and noticed an ouija board in venkman's apartment. Didnt think he was the type to "ouija"
By Daniel Welch
Next time you watch GB, take a gander at the Vinz terror dog as the crossed proton stream is charging through Gozers doorway. Vinz is pawing at the stream like a puppy, right up until the dimensional gateway explodes. Even in terror dog form, he's a doofus.
Spengler02 liked this
By Dr. Stantz 24
Venkman's cyclotron lights run counter clock wise on the rooftop scene right before they cross the streams. Not sure if this was ever noticed.
By Astro_zombie
Something I never noticed was Louis during the grid shutdown scene. When Peck is yelling at them and pointing Louis mimics his movements. It also seems like Rick starts to lose it a bit and looks down to hide his smile/laughter.
By BCarn
I recently spotted something I found rather comical in the Sedgewick scene right after they first fire the packs at the maid and her cart. As they turn their backs to the maid and talk, you'll notice her in the background cleaning up rolls of toilet paper. Then she starts trying to put out one of the flaming remains of the toilet paper by repeatedly spraying it with a bottle of cleaner or something.
By xtrmn8r17
kage10988 wrote:In GB1 during Ray's dream sequence, I noticed he's wearing a Captain Crunch jacket!
Yeah there's a story behind that

VinE, care to Elaborate on this... i know its in my book and uve even told me about it before
By kind2311
that would be a revolutionary war officer's coat. that dream sequence is actually from the deleted and never before seen "Fort Detmerring Scene". Ray and Winston are there on a job and while exploring the fort, Ray walks into that room and puts the coat on. He eventually ends up falling asleep and waking up to the ghost that he and winston are trying to capture while at the fort. watch the scene again and pay attention to the rest of the room. you can even see his proton pack at the foot of the bed.
By nolatron
During the GB1 Montage, there's a shot of all three running down the street. Peter has his leg hose coiled up in his belt instead of the typical "run to their back" setup:

Which then pops out right before the shot ends

By ez_aquarii
When they're buying the firehouse, Egon is talking really loud considering Peter is right next to him. It occurred to me that he was actually talking to the real estate agent and trying to get a better price. Then Ray messed it up with his excitement.
By catapy
Product placement. Not sure if there are endorsements involved, but you see them: Twinkies, Egon eating Cheezits in GB, and a subtle mentioning of Sizzler and Jell-o in GB2.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]