Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Wiggyof9
It took me a long time to notice Egon putting up his fingers when Peter was listing prices. As a kid i watched it on VHS and TV which was all 4:3 format and Egon was cut off. Now its one of my favorite parts.
NSGhostbusters liked this
By HandSolo
He moved to LA to get away from the ghosts, then got involved with german terrorists and finally moved to Chicago to settle down with his family.
By Nesslyquick
Iggy wrote: May 11th, 2010, 7:05 am Took me a while to notice, when Dana is in the kitchen, when the eggs cook themselves, the bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows sitting right there.

Same thing with Louis, er Vinz, when Peck is pointing, Vinz is mimicing him.
That bag of Stay Puft is now for sale at auction! They look like little marshmallow turds now, but I just thought you'd care to know if you're still around!
By JWils23
One of the subtle things that I just saw recently and it absolutely cracked me up was the faces Murray and Ramis are making while they’re walking through the Sedgwick. Just the little looks and smirks they’re giving each other, especially when Ray says “we handle this kind of thing all the time” was killing me. It’s the same kind of things I’d do with my friends when one of us is clearly bullshitting someone!
NSGhostbusters liked this
By Glow in the Dark
In GB1, after the storage containment unit is shut off, Winston and Ray arrive. Ray gets out of the car and his suit looks dry except for a few spots. Then a few cuts later it's a lot wetter for some reason.
By Kingpin
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:58 am In GB1, after the storage containment unit is shut off, Winston and Ray arrive. Ray gets out of the car and his suit looks dry except for a few spots. Then a few cuts later it's a lot wetter for some reason.
Ectoplasm raining down from the roof (although initially I thought it was from water being sprayed by the FDNY firefighters into the Firehouse).
By d_osborn
Kingpin wrote: September 10th, 2019, 7:07 pm
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:58 am In GB1, after the storage containment unit is shut off, Winston and Ray arrive. Ray gets out of the car and his suit looks dry except for a few spots. Then a few cuts later it's a lot wetter for some reason.
Ectoplasm raining down from the roof (although initially I thought it was from water being sprayed by the FDNY firefighters into the Firehouse).
It was water on the set! :love:
By Glow in the Dark
As they're entering city hall there's a sign that says

Furnishing The Streets: 1902-19..
September 22 - November,1983

Does the movie take place in 1983 or did they leave the sign up for a year?
By Kingpin
It's implied the events occur in 1984. The mock covers for Omni, USA Today, and the The Atlantic (if not the rest) all have 1984 datestamps. The banner on the exterior of City Hall was likely part of a city commemoration at the time, and thus out of control of the director's hands when they filmed the exterior shots in 1983.
By Fritz
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 10th, 2019, 11:51 pm As they're entering city hall there's a sign that says

Furnishing The Streets: 1902-19..
September 22 - November,1983

Does the movie take place in 1983 or did they leave the sign up for a year?
The real answer: as Ben said, that scene was (likely) filmed in 1983, or close enough that the banner hadn't been taken down yet. If that happened nowadays they'd probably have used CGI to remove or change the dates.

But some of us like to think the events happened in 1983 at least in some universes:roll:
BRD 527 liked this
By Winston1986
I was just watching this and in the scene where Peter inspects the kitchen he uses the stick part of the device he has to lift the bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows and look at the counter under them. I imagine he is weirded out by the fact they are right near the cooked eggs but are not burned. That was considerate of Gozer andhis minions to not burn her marshmallows.

Also I noticed there is a red and white danger sign on the front end of Ray's proton pack durring the the part where Gozer asks if he's a God. But I could not see it through out most of the finale.
Edit: D'oh. That later thing has already been talked about. I had not read this topic in a while.
By VoyanceGlitch
I don't know if this was mention before [I'm too lazy to look through all the comments] but in the guys' office at Weaver Hall, there's this weird pig poster in the background and somewhat like a meme that teachers will have in tapped onto their classroom walls. Credit to touchingoldmagic on tumblr for pointing it out.
By l3w1sb159
Adding to this hopefully not abandoned thread....

I always thought when the guys are having te exchange with the guy before they get into the elevator at the Sedgwick, dan either in character or genuinely is trying not to crack a smile after the "that's got to be some cockraoch" line...

By Ecto24601
After having the nice chat with Vince Clortho, Egon mentions to Janine that they need to find Ray. Shouldn't they know he's on a mission with Winston and try to contact him via Ecto-1's radio?

Aaaand my biggest problem with GB1: the destructor form should never have been Stay-Puft or Ray's call. When Peter mentions J. Edgar Hoover he clearly thought of him, which should have triggered the decision. In the German dubbing it's not Hoover but Joseph Stalin by the way.
By zeta otaku
For both those points: 1) I was under the assumption that while they KNEW Ray was on a job, they didn't know exactly where he was (still at the job, stopped over for some food, etc). As for Stay Puft, if you look at Ray, he's already thought of something (Stay Puft) before Venkman even starts talking.

Also, that's a cool bit of localization I didn't know about :D very cool to know!
Alphagaia, Ecto24601 liked this
By South Suburbs GBFan
Ecto24601 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 2:00 am
Aaaand my biggest problem with GB1: the destructor form should never have been Stay-Puft or Ray's call. When Peter mentions J. Edgar Hoover he clearly thought of him, which should have triggered the decision. In the German dubbing it's not Hoover but Joseph Stalin by the way.
Before I finally twigged that Ray had already thought of the marshmallow man, my logic was that you had to consciously think of something and fixate on it. Peter did not do this, instead just blithely throwing out "J. Edgar Hoover" as an example. A name but not an image.

Although, it occurred to me that maybe the credits should have been put on at the front of the movie to set up a darkly hysterical punchline.
"...If it's J. Edgar Hoover, then J. Edgar Hoover will destroy us, so empty your heads. Think of nothing."
"THE CHOICE IS MADE! THE TRAVELER HAS COME!"
[SMASH CUT TO BLACK]
[The screen is nothing more than empty darkness for a full minute. From out of nowhere, the "peppy organ music" from the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail wafts in and just keeps going ad infinitum.]
By Hairy Biker
Kingpin wrote: January 17th, 2021, 5:23 pm I think it's the result of a bad colour correction done on the film for the green slime DVD releases. Here's a shot from the Blu Ray:

Yeah I thought it was off too as I certainly would have noticed.
By Winston1986
Ecto24601 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 2:00 am After having the nice chat with Vince Clortho, Egon mentions to Janine that they need to find Ray. Shouldn't they know he's on a mission with Winston and try to contact him via Ecto-1's radio?

I like the later retcon from a comic book sequel that had it turn out they all thought of something and Gozer just chose the most powerful thing they thought of. Also imagine what would have happened if one of them thought of Godzilla.
By deadderek

Until today I never noticed Egon is holding a cigarette in this photo.

On a related note, I'll bet anyone $20 once someone at Sony notices it will be one of their many many victims to get edited.
By Hairy Biker
deadderek wrote: January 28th, 2021, 7:39 pmImage

Until today I never noticed Egon is holding a cigarette in this photo.

On a related note, I'll bet anyone $20 once someone at Sony notices it will be one of their many many victims to get edited.
Harold Ramis was a smoker. This photo was probably taken during a break in filming which is why he has it.

Whats really cool is if you find photos from the old National Lampoon days you'll see heaps of photos of College era Venkman and Spengler smoking cigarettes and "other" cigarettes.
By Alex Newborn
The Ghostbusters all smoked on-camera in GB1 except for Egon, but by the sequel just five years later, only Ray is seen to still have the habit, although only in pipe and cigar form.

If Sony starts deleting cigarettes from on-set photos-- as the Disney corporation has long done of candid pics of Walt Disney-- will they also retouch the films themselves?

And if they go that far, what about the Electronic Press Kit?

Two quick frame-grabs of both Harold and Annie with cigarettes.

And I just found this clip the other day. Dan Aykroyd during the press day for Ghostbusters in May of '84. Folks on the YouTube comments said they found the smoking as distracting as his socks.

Alex

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]