Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn
Well, it's just a fluke that they're being posted around Christmastime, but I'm glad they lifted your spirits.

Finally got this one to upload on the third try...

...which brings the playlist's running time to over 5 hours now.

Any verdict on whether you guys want me to upload Murray on Later?

Alex
By Zack
someone I worked with in a theme park show several years ago said Peter Macnicol came and spoke at whatever college in Florida he was attending and I think he told a story that someone approached him in an airport and he was friendly until they said "I loved you in Ghostbusters 2" and apparently Macnicol hurried to get away....haha
By aliencatx
My god Alex, everytime I think "wow that was awesome there couldnt be anymore stuff on this" you post another vid to blow my mind. thank you a million times over thank you. I feel Ive become a better fan thanks to you.
Good news! I found another couple of old VHS tapes the other day that may have interesting GB content. Just have to get the VCR hooked back up and give 'em a look.

Alex
And this is slightly off-topic, but right after I posted about this, I gained another reason to hook the VCR back up...

I was visiting with a friend of mine from college, and one of his friends was with him... the second guy announces that he thinks he has some old VHS tapes with some of my 'missing' commercials in the breaks!

It was around 1999 or so. The local TV station was running a contest during Star Trek Voyager. I was playing a Starfleet officer named Lt. Daley who was thrown through time and trapped in our present.

There were supposed to be seven Lt. Daley spots in all. The one that explained the rules...

... and then six 'clue' installments. Here's the only one I have...

And then the winner who wrote in with all six correct locations would win a trip to Star Trek The Experience in Las Vegas.

The only other Lt. Daley footage that I have on tape is this home movie of us doing a gag version for ourselves:

Anyway, there were some others shot. We never did get to do the sixth and final one, though, when suddenly the director Bill was fired from the TV station and not even allowed to take any tapes of his work with him.

He even said, "What are you going to do about the last spot for the contest?"

And was told, "The contest is over. The prize was already awarded."

Huh? Who would have written in with six correct answers when there had only been five clues aired?

I still say that they realized it was much cheaper to fire Bill than it was to actually award a prize, and did their best to bury the whole thing.

But those are some of the only paid acting gigs of mine for which I have no footage, so it will be exciting to sift through Jamie's old tapes when he would set his timer for Star Trek: Voyager and see what he bagged.

He even mentioned a commercial he remembers on there that I had forgotten about. They needed a quick shot of someone watching TV-15, and I lived fairly close to the station, so one day there's a knock on my door, a camera crew comes in, they shoot an over-the-shoulder shot of me watching their channel, and they leave about five minutes later.

So fast, I had no recollection of it until Jamie mentioned it.

Anyway, stay tuned for more clips!

Alex
Honestly, no I hadn't thought of making a DVD at the time that I uploaded them all.

I was on a different computer then, and it has a weird lag so that by the end of the burn the audio is noticeably out of synch with the picture.

But I am on a different computer now, maybe I should test out this burner and see.

I doubt many folks would want it on DVD, though, after I've already offered the clips on YouTube for free.

A case of 'why buy the cow?'

Alex
Digitizing some of these tapes this morning, here's some of what I've found so far...

HBO commercial for Ghostbusters (some static pops and glitches)
excerpt from 'Mousebusters' episode of Married With Children
some random Bill Murray appearance on Letterman (includes a commercial for Crystal Pepsi if that helps pinpoint what year)

And a few clips that Muppet fans might find interesting.

Now if I can just figure out why my new computer keeps stretching full-screen clips out to widescreen when I upload them, I'll start putting things on YouTube.

Alex
Haha! He's probably been wandering the 'past' for a dozen years now, getting a little fatter, a little balder, trying to blend into the shadows, and struggling with the debate whether he should keep waiting for rescue and adhere to paradox-preventing regulations, or go native and 'invent' transparent aluminum or trans-warp drive or something else that will pay the bills.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:Haha! He's probably been wandering the 'past' for a dozen years now, getting a little fatter, a little balder, trying to blend into the shadows, and struggling with the debate whether he should keep waiting for rescue and adhere to paradox-preventing regulations, or go native and 'invent' transparent aluminum or trans-warp drive or something else that will pay the bills.

Alex
Guess it's better than being stuck in the Delta Quadrant! :wink:
Yay, another 'Lost Tape' has turned up! Here's me on a local station, WTRT, being interviewed about my Ghostbusters collection.

When? In 1989!

I definitely have better camera presence now than I did at age 19, but at least my answers are all intelligent-sounding.

It's incomplete at the beginning, but that's probably as good a copy as I ever had.

Alex
Glad you enjoyed it, pferreira1983. Yeah, I can't put it all on a tabletop anymore, that's for sure. Unless it was a really big table.

As for the boredom, yeah when I found it again, not only did I realize how *sedate* the interviewer is (her name escapes me) but apparently it was rubbing off on me too. I ordinarily talk too fast!

I did my first play around this time, and only later began taking drama classes at college, and I distinctly remember how difficult it was for my college professors to slow my speech rate down to an intelligible speed. Frequently I was instructed to "take. the. time. to. say. the. words." and was once told that when my character was supposed to be excited, I sounded like Mickey Mouse.

By the time of my senior semester in 1992, my final presentation for one speech class included a note praising my success at conquering and controlling rate.

As for the interview, it was shot at night, so maybe we were all just kinda sleepy that evening.

My Dad went with me to the studio, and I mentioned that he used to be on TV in Chicago in the 60's, so they invited him to sit in the control booth. At one point, he noticed that they'd misspelled my last name on the subtitle, so he asked the guy how hard it would be to 'change the slide', because in his day, subtitles were accomplished via paintings on glass slides placed in front of the lens! The TD punched it up on the keyboard and made the correction instantaneously, and to my Dad this was a technological miracle.

Later, they actually ran out of tape and had us stop for a moment. They put in a new tape and reviewed the older footage in the booth to find a good edit point, and had us start over from that spot. You can spot this at the point when there's a sudden closeup of the comic book cover, although they went to the trouble of having us sit in the same poses as the last moment from the other tape they were going to use.

They didn't give us any other direction beyond that, but my Dad was convinced the 'reshoot' was because I had used the word 'screwed' a few minutes earlier.

And ProtonCharger, as for the Pete Mosen comment, you're actually the second person to say something along those lines to me.

Alex
d_osborn wrote:referencing the EPK in an interview, verbatim... that's hardcore.
Yeah, I was also a huge fan of SCTV-- especially the McKenzie Bros.-- and if I recall correctly, "Thursday at 9" was often used in their fake commercials for the shows-within-the-show.

So it was pretty easy to unintentionally memorize Moranis' self-referential joke in the documentary.

Alex
Thanks, Sadie!

I went to HorrorCon in Nashville yesterday to meet Ernie Hudson. It was also the most Ghostbusters I had ever seen in one location so far.

A very cool thing happened shortly after I got there. I was chatting with a couple of the guys wearing packs, and one of them got a look in his eye like he was trying to figure something out.

Finally he asked, "Where do I know you from?"

I don't go to Tennessee very often, so I hazarded a guess, "Summer of '89 VHS tape?"

His face lit up in a huge smile, he thrust his hand out to shake mine, and thanked me for sharing all those clips.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:Thanks, Sadie!

I went to HorrorCon in Nashville yesterday to meet Ernie Hudson. It was also the most Ghostbusters I had ever seen in one location so far.

A very cool thing happened shortly after I got there. I was chatting with a couple of the guys wearing packs, and one of them got a look in his eye like he was trying to figure something out.

Finally he asked, "Where do I know you from?"

I don't go to Tennessee very often, so I hazarded a guess, "Summer of '89 VHS tape?"

His face lit up in a huge smile, he thrust his hand out to shake mine, and thanked me for sharing all those clips.

Alex
Ha, ha. Cool! :-D
By fixer79
Hey Alex, thanks a million for sharing those clips!
They are just plain GOLD! :D

I remember taping some Belgian 'upcoming movies' tv program from '89 that featured interviews and clips promoting Ghostbusters II.
I watched that recording over and over in anticipation of the movie's release.
Sure enough, I knew the mood slime scene by heart before I even saw the movie in the theater. :D

Thanks again for the awesome footage!

cheers buddy,

Cliff
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]